Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-present)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor Directory
Welcome to Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-present) The New Fit... Generation specific talk and questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 PM

zmarselle is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Level up: 58%, 21 Points needed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Daily Activity: 5.4%
Daily Activity: 5.4% Daily Activity: 5.4% Daily Activity: 5.4%
Clicking noise when up shifting into 2nd gear.

My fit is a 2013 , bought last September and I have about 12K miles on it. A few months ago I noticed when I upshift into 2nd I get a clicking noise and feel in the shifter. It is not hard to get into the gear and is not present when downshifting. I asked the dealer and they insisted it was normal, my gears were still breaking in, and not to worry. That was right around 10K. I have to bring it in soon for an unrelated issue and want it looked at. What has got me worried is today I drove my friends 2011 5MT accord. His has about 40K miles on it and when driving it, his 2nd gear felt like all the others. I have never grinded the gear. Always have my clutch fully engaged. The only time I don't notice it is if I shift into the gear between 5-10 MPH (I usually shift in 15-20).

Can this be normal, or at the least a non issue? I am afraid honda won't be willing to help because it is a tranny issue, or will deny the issue with everything under warranty (nothing found)
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!