2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 vs 2010 Fit KBB values?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM
2009 vs 2010 Fit KBB values?

There is a Fit in my future, and I've been debating buying new versus buying used.

I found a 2010 Base model A/T in my area with 30K miles on it.
I looked up the blue book value, and for reference I checked the years around it as well.

This is what I found for a car in "Very Good" condition according to KBB:

2009 Base Fit A/T: $11,196

2010 Base Fit A/T: $10,990

Now I realize that isn't a HUGE difference, but I'm wondering if there is something about the 2010 models that I should know.
Is there some reason that a 2009 model would be worth more than a 2010?
Seems strange.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:05 PM
No, not that I know of. Both years were similar, some had recalls for MPG meter re-calibration and some needed the lost motion spring replacement:

Honda Fit Lost Motion Spring Recall

I have a 2010 and was not effected by either recall.

Both issues were fixed completely by 2011 MY, and Honda "upgraded" the 2012 with some comfort related things and added more features as standard.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reply, Wanderer.

After looking around quite a bit and running the numbers I think I'm going to go ahead and buy new. The resale value on these is simply too high for it to make a huge difference to me... I can either save a bit now, or keep the car a bit longer (and I would rather keep it longer).

Oh, and as far as the specific model I posted about - I just realized today that the base 2010 model had no cruise control, which is a dealbreaker for me.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to get the base or the sport.
My heart says sport, but my wallet says base.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
I say definitely go with the Sport especially if you're planning to keep it for a long while. All the extra features you get along with the sportier looking exterior are well worth the little bit of extra money in my opinion.

-Dustin

Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Thanks for the reply, Wanderer.

After looking around quite a bit and running the numbers I think I'm going to go ahead and buy new. The resale value on these is simply too high for it to make a huge difference to me... I can either save a bit now, or keep the car a bit longer (and I would rather keep it longer).

Oh, and as far as the specific model I posted about - I just realized today that the base 2010 model had no cruise control, which is a dealbreaker for me.

smart move. especially if you're going to keep it for a while.
get the sport.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM
IMO you will regret not getting the sport model.

I'm sooooo glad I did!

Old 10-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by daves007
IMO you will regret not getting the sport model.

I'm sooooo glad I did!
Yeah, I'm definitely leaning that way.
I read someone's comment on here last night that said "A lot of people probably think they should have bought the Sport, I've never seen anyone buy the Sport and say they should have bought the Base."

All in all, it's probably worth it.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, no cruise on the 2009-2010 base. I was surprised when my base didn't have cruise (delighted?), but didn't care that much since I never use it. Also no VSA, which is good for me, but probably another bad thing for a lot of buyers. 2011+ base models have most of the missing items.

If you want Navigation you'll have to get the sport. If you like the aero stuff and the alloy wheels just go ahead and get the sport, for what you get it's not that much of a price difference. I take it you're not going to be one to do a bunch of modifications to the car, so it won't be like you're wasting the money on the factory alloys and all that.

I just wanted the lightest, simplest Honda available, so

Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 PM
I've debated the mod route (how could I NOT? This site in kind of addictive in that regard, and I don't even have a Fit yet).

Honestly the only things on the Sport that I really want are the maplights and an armrest.
I've read enough of this forum to know the armrest in the Sport probably won't even cut it as it is... so it's not that big a deal (seems easy enough to install as a mod).

But the maplights seems like they would be out of my comfort zone, mod-wise.

I could really care less about most of the other stuff. Of course it seems a bit ridiculous to pay $1500 extra for maplights and a mediocre armrest.

Then again that's easy to say when I'm thinking about the money.... harder to say 5-6 years from now when the money has been forgotten and I'm driving the car everyday.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
i installed a maplight i bought from a wrx sti guy on my old 08 long time ago. it's not hard to do.

you can probably just find the GE maplight from honda parts and install it yourself. pull power from the dome light.

i got the sport because i like the wing and the side pieces it came with, and i just wanted everything on the car since it's my dd. stuff it didnt have like variable intermittent wipers, dvd, nav, BT, etc. i just added later.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Sport A/T is a little faster than the base A/T due to shift logic changes plus it has the paddle shifters as well. Keep that in mind if you care about that. Even if you're not someone that cares about knocking a second off 0-60 I could see them coming in handy. If I had to get an A/T for some reason I would have got the sport because of that just so I could hold 4th gear, the base auto only has selections up to D3 and it seems the Fit's auto trans can be "shifty" at times from what people say on here.

Maplight shouldn't be too big of a deal to install, even if you don't DIY i'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive to have installed. The bolt-in armrest is available as well either from Honda or from China.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
i donno..i never liked the AT on my 09 sport. for my wife driving to get from A to B it does great. for any quick or spirted driving for me, wow, sucksarse imho.

gotta do the MT if you want the true driving fun of the fit. ofcourse if you careless about that (like my wife) the AT is great. hahaha

Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Sport A/T is a little faster than the base A/T due to shift logic changes plus it has the paddle shifters as well. Keep that in mind if you care about that. Even if you're not someone that cares about knocking a second off 0-60 I could see them coming in handy. If I had to get an A/T for some reason I would have got the sport because of that just so I could hold 4th gear, the base auto only has selections up to D3 and it seems the Fit's auto trans can be "shifty" at times from what people say on here.
+1. The paddle shifters are much more than a gimmick IMO. They make the car feel so much more peppy because you can hold the gears and really rev the engine. I use the paddles all the time even in auto mode for engine braking. Also, in auto mode you can press the downshift paddle and it will shift down and hold the lower gear momentarily to give sort of a "boost" of acceleration without having to floor the gas peddle to get the tranny to downshift.

-Dustin