2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Badges

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Badges

Whats up all,
Rainy day here in New England so I'm bored at work and my mind is wandering and thinking of things to do to my new 2013 Fit Sport (purple). I want to add new exterior badges. I see a number of different ones that people are adding. RS (on front and/or read), Mugen (front and/or rear), VTECH (door panels), and of course the JDM Red Honda Badge (front and rear).

I was thinking of adding the Mugen badge on the front grill, the RS badge on the rear (passenger side). Adding front and rear Red H badge, and remove the dealership sticker from the rear.

I've seen so many threads on the "Red Badge" and fakes... how the heck is one to know what one is real? So hard to keep straight.

Thoughts on what badges should really go on the front and back?

Old 06-13-2014, 03:01 PM
As far as fakes, if it's on eBay it's new, and the price is too good to be true, it's fake. Should be about $60-$70 a piece.

You can avoid eBay altogether.

CorSport: Honda - 2009+ Honda Fit - EP3034

Same goes for RS and Mugen badges. Generally not cheap if you want authentic.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the link Wanderer! They also have the window air deflectors I want. I don't like the vents that stick on the outside of the car.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM
No problem, happy shopping!

I'm not saying nothing on eBay is authentic, some shops have legit stuff, Amazon too. Shop around for prices but if you see something dramatically low it's probably fake, that's all.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

I had to....

Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 PM
If the only thing on your car that is Mugen is the badge, maybe you shouldn't put the Mugen badge on. Likewise, if it isn't the RS, you should also probably skip that that one too. I doubt you're going to find any VTECH badges unless you buy a phone from the Wal*Marts because we have VTEC, not VTECH. The red "H" badges get different reviews. If you do it to color match your car or the theme you have going on then it is probably okay. If you add them to get +5hp then you should probably just keep the stock silver ones.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by DWils
If the only thing on your car that is Mugen is the badge, maybe you shouldn't put the Mugen badge on. Likewise, if it isn't the RS, you should also probably skip that that one too. I doubt you're going to find any VTECH badges unless you buy a phone from the Wal*Marts because we have VTEC, not VTECH. The red "H" badges get different reviews. If you do it to color match your car or the theme you have going on then it is probably okay. If you add them to get +5hp then you should probably just keep the stock silver ones.
Don't listen to this guy he is on his period so he is cranky needs some chocolate and a romantic comedy do whatever you want to your ride maybe stay with rs or mugen not both take some pictures

Old 06-14-2014, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mkidd3
I was thinking of adding the Mugen badge on the front grill, the RS badge on the rear (passenger side). Adding front and rear Red H badge, and remove the dealership sticker from the rear.

Thoughts on what badges should really go on the front and back?
I did the Red Badges front and rear, rear RS badge and I-VTEC (SOHC) Decals.
Your on the right track but its really up to you on what you want to do.
AS for the Mugen badge I personally would only do it if I had some Mugen parts like the Mugen Grill, and Since you have the 2013 Fit Sport that Grill won't work unless you do one of two things. 1) a 09-11 front end conversion or 2) order a JDM Mugen grill for the 2012-13 Fit which Fits our US model.

You do know the RS badge are nothing more then just a badge right? Its like the Jazz (Fit) SI they sell in the UK and a few other places nothing special about them but two letters. No need to be a dick about it, an specially when they'er asking for help.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Not trying to be "a dick", but excuse me while I go put the Si V6 GT-R emblems on my Fit.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Not trying to be "a dick", but excuse me while I go put the Si V6 GT-R emblems on my Fit.
So you're "not trying to be a dick". I guess it just comes naturally to you.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
I could really use that extra 5 hp, but I figured an AWD nameplate would come in handy in the snow.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:22 PM
I'd like to put a Transformers emblem on my Fit so that when I'm stuck in traffic, it can transform and fly away.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
I have brand new front and rear JDM badges and rear RS badge for sale.... I bought them when I ordered my power folding mirrors from Japan Parts.... they are legit as they get straight from Honda Japan in their OEM packaging (opened plastic to inspect only)..... decided not to bother putting them on my car, PM me if interested, been busy so haven't posted them in the for sale section but will shortly....

Old 06-17-2014, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sriracha
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

I had to....
+1 hahaha

Old 06-17-2014, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks all for the info, suggestions, and "colorful" commentary...

Old 06-18-2014, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
We've all got to have fun. Have fun making your car look like you want it to!