2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What size speakers fits a honda 2013 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 PM
What size speakers fits a honda 2013 fit?

I wanted to get some speakers that's on side of the doors but I know there are different sizes, is it 6" x 9"? I want both front and back speakers. Also what kind of speakers are good for sound? I currently installed Sony XAV-172HD DVD player. I was at a shop and they told me they can install Alpine SPS-619 (all 4 doors) for $280 but I'm not sure if that's a good deal. Can someone who has knowledge with speakers step in and tell me what to get? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I found on different sites for way cheaper Alpine SPS-619 Type S 6"x9" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com ($119) but is this for all 4 or just a pair and would I have to purchase 2 of them if I want them in all 4 doors? and actaully I found out it's 6.5 x 9" so this is the one they were offfereing me. Alpine SPR-60 IS it a good price to install these into all 4 doors plus labor for $280 flat?

Last edited by BlueShell; 08-23-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:36 PM
If you enter your car model information at Crutchfield, they'll show you all the speakers they carry that fit. The Fit does not use 6x9 speakers; they're round, and it appears that either 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" speakers generally fit. You do also have to pay attention to the depth of the speaker; too deep and it will block the window from rolling down.

Car speakers are generally sold by the pair. Installation isn't especially complicated; whether your quote is a good price or not depends partly on local prevailing labor rates, and how fastidious the shop is, and a bunch of other things. It might help if you could sort out how much of the quote is parts and how much is labor.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
If you enter your car model information at Crutchfield, they'll show you all the speakers they carry that fit. The Fit does not use 6x9 speakers; they're round, and it appears that either 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" speakers generally fit. You do also have to pay attention to the depth of the speaker; too deep and it will block the window from rolling down.

Car speakers are generally sold by the pair. Installation isn't especially complicated; whether your quote is a good price or not depends partly on local prevailing labor rates, and how fastidious the shop is, and a bunch of other things. It might help if you could sort out how much of the quote is parts and how much is labor.
So I found out the size I need to get is 6 1/2" at the shop they have these Alpine SPS-610 Type S 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers — fits in 6-1/2" or 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com which on crutch field it's $100 for a pair but the shop is telling me they can install the pair for the front ($100) and the back ($100) and installation fee for 280. ofcourse their price isnt the same as crutch field so theyre actually only charging about 50 for labor. I believe the original speakers are around 15 watts and these ones are 80 watts. I DJ too so I like listening to my songs loud and clear with out any distortion.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Does any know how much of a difference it makes from going from factory (15watts) to these alpine which is 80 watts?

Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Do you want more clarity or depth?

The 15 watt is probably the rms rating of the stock HU. I gaurantee they can take more power than that. The aftermarket speakers have a higher rms rating and should be driving by an external amp to get the most out of them. I would suggest just adding a quality 4 channel amp with the stock speakers. If you find you want more range/clarity, then do speakers. Things work best in pairs.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by silentnoise713
Do you want more clarity or depth?

The 15 watt is probably the rms rating of the stock HU. I gaurantee they can take more power than that. The aftermarket speakers have a higher rms rating and should be driving by an external amp to get the most out of them. I would suggest just adding a quality 4 channel amp with the stock speakers. If you find you want more range/clarity, then do speakers. Things work best in pairs.
I want Clarity, Would just adding 4 alpine SPS-610 help with that? The shop just told me they can switch all 4 speakers plus labor for $200 flat. Would the sound quality only be a little noticeable or would it make a big difference?

Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
you don't really have to change your rear speakers. get a better pair for the front and get a nice amp that would power them appropriately. then you will get your clarity. you will be sitting at the driver's seat not at the back.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
you don't really have to change your rear speakers. get a better pair for the front and get a nice amp that would power them appropriately. then you will get your clarity. you will be sitting at the driver's seat not at the back.
I drive people often so I want them to hear the same quality of music as me and the passenger. Would just changing it to 80 watts speakers (alpine) make noticeable difference?

Old 08-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
for me i just swapped head unit to a pioneer doubledin and using the EQ to drive the factory speakers on my sport. it sounds good enough for me for this car.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
for me i just swapped head unit to a pioneer doubledin and using the EQ to drive the factory speakers on my sport. it sounds good enough for me for this car.
I think I DJ about 4-5 nights a week so sound is very important to me. I got a Sony XAV-172HD and made the sounds a little better but when I turn it up high (not blasting) I can hear the distortion. I just hope 15watts which is the stock speakers compared to the 80 watts will make a good difference and give a good clarity.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueShell
I think I DJ about 4-5 nights a week so sound is very important to me. I got a Sony XAV-172HD and made the sounds a little better but when I turn it up high (not blasting) I can hear the distortion. I just hope 15watts which is the stock speakers compared to the 80 watts will make a good difference and give a good clarity.
yah, could be the music you're listening too that requires more speaker excursion. in your case best to get better speakers and a sub to relieve power from the midrange.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
just make sure u look at the RMS range of the speakers and make sure u get a set that matches the RMS output of your headunit. if you are a DJ and really care about the sound, then spend the extra cash on a proper amplifier. it will sound way better than the built-in amplifier of your head unit.

also, all this talk about sound quality, and you haven't even spoken about subs. don't expect low bass frequencies from 6 1/2 speakers. you'll get decent mid-bass, but u need proper subs to get the full range.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
just make sure u look at the RMS range of the speakers and make sure u get a set that matches the RMS output of your headunit. if you are a DJ and really care about the sound, then spend the extra cash on a proper amplifier. it will sound way better than the built-in amplifier of your head unit.

also, all this talk about sound quality, and you haven't even spoken about subs. don't expect low bass frequencies from 6 1/2 speakers. you'll get decent mid-bass, but u need proper subs to get the full range.
I don't want to blast my music loud enough to the point where I need a sub. Just want to be able to listen to music loud (not to the point where the other cars could hear me) I just want better clarity when I turn up my music. Also I need to save space for DJ equipments so sub would be in the way of that. I always buy a hatchback for the reason of the space (ep3, wrx, now fit).

Old 08-25-2014, 03:42 AM
This might be a stupid question but how do I add the pictures next to your user name? lol

Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM
This might be a stupid question but how do I add the pictures next to your user name? lol
Hey Blueshell the only stupid question is the one you do not ask.

In the bar of links near the top of the FF forum find Quick Links, choose Edit Signature. The little editor has a Insert Image tool, you will need to have a url for your image, one way to do this is to upload your image into Albums right here on FitFreaks.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to blast my music loud enough to the point where I need a sub. Just want to be able to listen to music loud (not to the point where the other cars could hear me) I just want better clarity when I turn up my music. Also I need to save space for DJ equipments so sub would be in the way of that. I always buy a hatchback for the reason of the space (ep3, wrx, now fit).
actually i normally add a sub so that it fills the lower frequency void at lower sound pressures. im not a bass head by any means. as for my GE though, the stock speakers can drive plenty of bass for my listening as long as i use my pioneer headunit.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by dpmason
Hey Blueshell the only stupid question is the one you do not ask.
Really like the quoute you made there, I'm glad people here are so nice and helpful! Thanks a bunch!

Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM
I think I'm going to try adding on 4 of the 80 watts alpine speakers and see how it goes.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Not sure why the picture is showing not showing up on the side. I went to upload signature picture and uploaded the pic from my desktop but it's not showing up..

Quick Reply: What size speakers fits a honda 2013 fit?