2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Upgrade / accessories ideas please for 2010 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Upgrade / accessories ideas please for 2010 Fit Sport

Okay, so I drive a 2010 Fit Sport (Black), which has been awesome. In December I'll have had it for 5 years. I've put about 57,000 miles on it, and it's been virtually trouble-free. I want to keep it going for quite some time.

The problem is that my wife just got a new car (not a Fit), and I've got just a touch of envy. Anyone have some good and not terribly expensive ideas on how I can upgrade my Fit rather than fall into the new car temptation? I'm definitely going to get around to installing the
OEM armrest with storage OEM armrest with storage
. Any other ideas on what I can do to make my car exciting? Do I spring for a nice moonroof or leather seats? (I realize these aren't cheap)

Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
What accessories do you have already?

see my sig for what I have done--all mine have been inexpensive and installed by myself except the trailer hitch & tint. ( I am not very expert and look for simple mods I can do myself)

My favorites so far have been the carbon fiber trim and the shark fin antenna.

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - sooznd's Album: Interior Carbon Fiber Trim

Old 09-06-2014, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I guess it depends on your taste. When I bought the Fit (also a 2010, but a little after you), I was on a big OEM/OEM+ look kick, and didn't do anything to it. The only aftermarket thing I used was a Wix oil filter (Honda uses cheap honeywell units, iirc.).

Now that I'm over that, I've found a few things I thought were tasteful and didn't really change much about the car. My list so far:

- SickSpeed shorty antenna
- Shaved rear Fit emblem
- Mini wheels (Same bolt pattern and hub bore, just need the right lug nuts to bolt them on. Tire sizes should match, too. If you buy them used, make sure you get the lug nuts with them)
- HPS Intake
- J's Racing oil cap (Just ordered today!)

I have a few more plans in the bag yet, but so far I like it. If you're into the OEM thing, there are a boatload of accessories. College Hills Honda's website has a fairly complete list of all the available accessories for our cars with part numbers. Pick what you like and figure out where to get it for the best price.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Many thanks to both of you. I really haven't done anything to the car yet apart from the hitch I had put on last summer, which has been awesome for transporting bikes.

Apart from a new armrest, I think I may invest in a cargo mat, cargo organization and better all-weather mats for the front and back (currently using cheap ones I got a discount store). I've debated back and forth on window tinting, but I'll probably do that before next summer. And having driven my wife's new car a lot over the past week, I've gotten used to having a moonroof, so I may look into that

I still like the sleek OEM look, so I'm hesitant to do to many aesthetic mods. My interests are more in comfort and functionality. That said, I do like the look of (and could actually use) a roof rack, so I may look into that.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
The OEM leather steering wheel cover and leather shift knob might be up your alley. The steering wheel is a sew on job, which can be a bit tedious (I used a kit from Amazon for my wife's truck. Took about an hour.), but having seen it installed it looks good. They would also give the car a refreshed feeling like what you're after.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
well since it seems you like the subtle oem mods. I suggest taking a look at bernardiparts.com an official oem honda parts website.

They offer really nice oem side moldings which look good. They also carry official mugen parts for your year sport such as front grill, front lip, rear lip etc.

I would also suggest browsing the pictures threads and seeing what stands out to you.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
new headlamps for me; not really a mod since I stayed with the spec, but the brightest bulb that I could find that is still within specs: philips xtreme visions.
They do seem brighter then the OEMs; which although did not burn out; probably did dim a bit from use.

If lighting, you could also replace the interior lights with led modules that will be brighter for not too much; perhaps at least the dome or most used lights.

Last edited by raytseng; 09-07-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Depending in what are you looking for:

Exterior or Interior? Performance or Look?

My recommendations:

- VG Shark fin antenna $100
- LED interior light $20 or less
- Honda RED badges $70 to $120 (front and rear)
- Mugen interior mirror cover $60
- LED headlights 4th Gen -H4 Hi\Lo $90
- Exterior mirror covers with LED $90 to $120

Good luck and waiting for your pictures...

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Blue

Old 09-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by luismycorreo
Depending in what are you looking for:

Exterior or Interior? Performance or Look?

My recommendations:

- VG Shark fin antenna $100
- LED interior light $20 or less
- Honda RED badges $70 to $120 (front and rear)
- Mugen interior mirror cover $60
- LED headlights 4th Gen -H4 Hi\Lo $90
- Exterior mirror covers with LED $90 to $120

Good luck and waiting for your pictures...

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Blue
I really like what you've done with yours - so much so that I'm starting to rethink the strict OEM approach.

Will come back with pictures when I've made some progress!

Old 09-08-2014, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
OEM is a byword for high prices and reasonable quality. For what I bought my OEM floor mats for, I could have gotten much nicer ones. There was a guy advertising them a while ago from a company called "Aries3D", and they looked pretty good. Can't go wrong with weathertechs either.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Some other parts I got from Japan

Honda Fit JDM OEM parts

Go through that post and you'll find more information from other users who imported pieces from Japan too

Luis