2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

2 Dollar V-tec Decal Stickers, are they Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:58 AM
2 Dollar V-tec Decal Stickers, are they Legit?

Red I Vtech DOHC Sticker X2 Decal Emblem Civic S2000 Accord JDM Import ILLEST | eBay

I bought these Decal to put on my fit but these were only $2 for 2 decals (they had a rating of 99.6%). It's so cheap I feel like it's just gonna come off on the first day. I was going to buy the one that's more expensive (around $6) but the rating of this guy who's selling it FOR $2 is higher and I feel it's more trust worthy. Has any one tried these out before? If so how was it? & and any tips on putting these on properly? I usually use a hard car like a credit card or some sort. If anyone has any input please let me know, thanks in advance!

Last edited by BlueShell; 09-17-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Firstly, you clearly stated V-Tech which is a brand of telephone and not a form of valve technology.

Secondly, how in the hell you did that when the stickers in question clearly say i-VTEC is beyond me.

Thirdly, you own a 2013 Black Honda Fit which came with the L15 engine which was only a SOHC and not a DOHC.

And lastly, no, those are not genuine Honda parts. Hope this helped you out.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by JaySmith
Firstly, you clearly stated V-Tech which is a brand of telephone and not a form of valve technology.

Secondly, how in the hell you did that when the stickers in question clearly say i-VTEC is beyond me.

Thirdly, you own a 2013 Black Honda Fit which came with the L15 engine which was only a SOHC and not a DOHC.

And lastly, no, those are not genuine Honda parts. Hope this helped you out.
So I shouldnt put those on?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by BlueShell
So I shouldnt put those on?
I think you'll find that the majority of us would say no, you shouldn't. But hey, it's your car; if you want to put on cheap stickers that advertise your car as something it's not, then go for it.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
definitely find out that spells out VTAK

then it would be at least kinda funny.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 AM
$2 stickers will last probably a month max before looking like crap/peeling on a car exterior.

Put them on your toolbox or something. Besides the DOHC thing anyway so yeah.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Really who cares? If you want to put these on to personalize you car, do whatever you want. I have had a free apple sticker (came with my iPod or iPhone) on the outside of my car for well over two years. I also bought an inexpensive jazz emblem with a blue dot to put on my car and it has stayed for over 4 years.. there are really no rules- it is your car to decorate as you please. Also have a GD "fit " on my GE Fit--why because I like the blue dot and it matches my car. Is is wrong???

Last edited by sooznd; 09-17-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Administrator
DOHC stickers on a SOHC will make you look like a newb to us but 90% of the population would have no idea

I would leave them off personally

Old 09-17-2014, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Really who cares? If you want to put these on to personalize you car, do whatever you want. I have had a free apple sticker (came with my iPod or iPhone) on the outside of my car for well over two years. I also bought an inexpensive jazz emblem with a blue dot to put on my car and it has stayed for over 4 years.. there are really no rules- it is your car to decorate as you please. Also have a GD "fit " on my GE Fit--why because I like the blue dot and it matches my car. Is is wrong???
Originally Posted by Waiz
DOHC stickers on a SOHC will make you look like a newb to us but 90% of the population would have no idea

Blueshell can't decide whether to spend $2 or $6 - Geez. Sort of like his many posts on wheels.

Susan, I was going to get a Blue Dot Fit for my GE. It never crossed my mind that these came on GDs only.

I am running out of stuff to do. Washed and waxed mine today. Did my Hemi Caravan yesterday.

Oh I have two V-Tech phones here. No decals on them though. hmm maybe a DOHC ones?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:34 PM

haha... that was very entertaining.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member

I love it when other Fit owners ask me if I have a special edition Fit Obviously, they are not on this forum of experts

Old 09-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Blueshell can't decide whether to spend $2 or $6 - Geez. Sort of like his many posts on wheels.

Susan, I was going to get a Blue Dot Fit for my GE. It never crossed my mind that these came on GDs only.

I am running out of stuff to do. Washed and waxed mine today. Did my Hemi Caravan yesterday.

Oh I have two V-Tech phones here. No decals on them though. hmm maybe a DOHC ones?
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
haha... that was very entertaining.
I love it when other Fit owners ask me if I have a special edition Fit Obviously, they are not on this forum of experts
I think we are all here to hopefully guide people on the correct path

Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Just my .02, I just installed these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281102195593?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Good quality vinyl from what I can tell, shipping was fast, and guess what, it was still only $2. Even if they do wear out eventually, which is bound to happen just from vinyl being vinyl, you're out two sweet teas from mcdonalds. I don't see where you can really go wrong.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
I laughed out loud at this!

I shouldn't even admit this, but I actually installed i-Vtec DOHC vinyl on my Fit and need to order an SOHC vinyl to replace it with. The sad part is I actually researched to make sure the Fit engine was i-Vtec, but didn't realize I needed to make sure about the SOHC part also.

-Dustin

Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Very true. I have had a few people comment that "I bet that i-VTEC engine really scoots" after seeing my vinyl. Obviously none of them knew that it should have said SOHC instead of DOHC.

-Dustin

Old 09-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i remember driving up to some drive thru and the clerk looked at my car, saw the ivtec sticker on the side and looked real confused. wat car is this? civic? no wait, fit? wat?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
I do think it makes the Fit look a little more sporty......discrete and not too flashy. I like the way it looks on the Civic Si's also.

-Dustin

Old 09-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by kenchan
i remember driving up to some drive thru and the clerk looked at my car, saw the ivtec sticker on the side and looked real confused. wat car is this? civic? no wait, fit? wat?

I literally lol'd

Old 09-18-2014, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Mine were more than 2$

Name:  017-1.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  33.0 KB

Old 09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice!
What is the KBF sticker?

Quick Reply: 2 Dollar V-tec Decal Stickers, are they Legit?