2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Radio will not power on.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Radio will not power on.

Hello everyone,

So, I bought a dock and play satellite radio after seeing the thread about someone installing it themselves. I disconnected the battery and took the head unit out enough to hide the wires, put everything back together and now the radio will not turn on. Everything in the car works fine, but the radio will not power on.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the anti-theft system, but everything I've read (on the internet and in my manual) says that when you reconnect the battery, "Enter Code" will display on the head unit, where you can then enter your code. My problem is that the unit does not even power on.

I disconnected both battery cables, thinking that would reset the system, but that did not work. I removed the radio and back-up fuses and that also did not work. Anyone have any ideas how I can just get the system to turn on? I really don't want to take it to the dealership if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I forgot to mention that when I first looked at the fuse box, there was no 10 amp fuse in the 1 spot (for the backup) but there was a 10amp fuse in the #4 spot (no use spot). I put the fuse in the #1 spot but that didn't work.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
me too

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just had my battery replaced under warranty and I'm experiencing the same problem. I'd really like to fix it myself without taking the car back to the dealership. It definitely has something to do with the anti-theft system because I can't use my remote lock/unlock on my key now.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by R2D2
Did you ever find a solution to this? I just had my battery replaced under warranty and I'm experiencing the same problem. I'd really like to fix it myself without taking the car back to the dealership. It definitely has something to do with the anti-theft system because I can't use my remote lock/unlock on my key now.

Thanks!
The problem actually fixed itself. I was driving around with no radio and a couple of days ago it just came on and has been working since. I had just ordered a new head unit from Crutchfield too. No big deal as I wanted to replace it anyways but I'm sure you see the irony.

Good luck with your radio. Driving around with no music sucks!