2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Best way to run new power

Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Best way to run new power

I'm installing a new compact air horn and will be hooking it to a new relay connected to the existing horn circuit. What I'm needing to understand is how to run a 12V 20A circuit to the relay to power the horn.

It's been suggested to run a fused lead off the positive battery terminal. If so, any suggestions as to how to do this. I'm able to do - but unable to figure this connection so it looks and performs to an acceptable standard.

The NAPA dude was not comfortable running power straight off the battery and suggested coming out of the existing fuse block. Looking at that I see "un-used" slots. Are these powered and if so how do you draw from one. Looks like that could get involved. I also will not splice into an existing circuit.

Thanks for the help.
K_C_

Old 06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
You still screwing with that horn? I am waiting for you to fry something. My Accord horn moves them just fine. !0 minute job too.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
You still screwing with that horn? I am waiting for you to fry something. My Accord horn moves them just fine. !0 minute job too.
I figure that if I'm gonna up-grade a Honda horn why use a Honda horn, right?

I gots the pieces all I'm needing is to make the connection on the positive terminal.

Right now I'm up to Old Town Maine. Been a cold foggy rain the past three days. Will be back to NY in a few and am sure we'll be seeing summer weather by next week. Then I'll hang my butt over the engine compartment and get 'er done. I'm not that familiar with that fuse box stuck on the battery but I have the will so I know I'll find the way.

I've already passed the "fry" threshold unscathed so I'm just setting up to blow your still wimpy 1/2 Acorn Horn outta my way

Like The Intimidatory once said - "I've had confidence in myself all along. It was just a matter of getting the pieces back in place."

Hats Off
K_C_

Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "looks and performs to an acceptable standard" . . . just get an inline fuse holder, and crimp it into a wire straight from the battery. How it looks and is mounted is only limited by your creativity.

I've got mine zip-tied along another wire harness that runs along the top of the firewall. Then from there it ducks down to the stock GD horn location. Wire loom is incredibly cheap, and matches exactly what's already in the engine bay, so you'd never know it didn't come from Honda.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Daemione
....I've got mine zip-tied along another wire harness that runs along the top of the firewall. Then from there it ducks down to the stock GD horn location. Wire loom is incredibly cheap, and matches exactly what's already in the engine bay, so you'd never know it didn't come from Honda.
Except the part where it hangs off the positive battery terminal. I know I can make that connection, hell back in the days we would strip a wire and stick it under the battery clamp and just let it hang there, but there are no legit OEM connections made that way. I'm beginning to see my obsessive side - but with all the "mod heads" Honda's attract, and this is a FITFreak Forum, I was thinking there was a perfectionist who "...had a way...".
K_C_