2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

555sexydrive Work In Progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Banned
from me, bill, kyle, and tyler lmao

Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
from me, bill, kyle, and tyler lmao
Thanks, who are the others? You don't have split personality disorder do you? It's OK if you do, but if you do, would like to know which of you I am speaking to.

dewthedew, so does that mean when I finally get the Fit I just go to being another Fit owner tossed in with all the others? hahaha Kidding of course. I probably already have some on here that dislike me for my stated opinions on a few threads, but that is me, I speak my mind and I am not here looking for anyone to play Tarzan with my testes. If friends are made through the forum that's cool and if not, life goes on and the 0s and 1s will still be posted by all.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
dewthedew, so does that mean when I finally get the Fit I just go to being another Fit owner tossed in with all the others?
Hey, get with the program... you must comply/conform!

I probably already have some on here that dislike me for my stated opinions on a few threads, but that is me, I speak my mind...
On this forum? This forum? You're joking, right? Say it ain't so!

Hey, whatever... that's what forums are for. Look at it this way, at least you won't have to endure any type of harassment for buying "cheap" and/or "copy" wheels... you went with those crappy Volk/Rays things!

and I am not here looking for anyone to play Tarzan with my testes.
WHOA! Sounds painful there, Doc!

If friends are made through the forum that's cool and if not, life goes on and the 0s and 1s will still be posted by all.
So true! On the other hand, "What is The Matrix?"

Seriously, no matter the situation, please continue posting your progress. Being rather new here myself, I'm looking forward to seeing your selections and resulting mods.

You seem to have good taste in parts, and possibly the "pockets" to go with it! That combination is a winner for those who like watching build progressions. Forget the negatives. Hey, can't please everyone... but I'm already liking your progress. Even though, like me, you don't have a ride to put your purchases on yet!

Don't stop posting the progress! (and don't forget Pics, Pics, Pics! )

Last edited by annunC8; 01-13-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Well I have the paperwork in my possession, today I will run around and buy insurance and the shaken (Japanese Compulsary Insurance) and get temporary tags.

After that still have to pay weight tax, road tax and acquistion tax. The total is more than I was expecting, will end up being about $1900. Uggghhhhh, driving in Nippon is totemo takai (very expensive).

Honda will install the sussy on Sunday, but I'm hoping I can at least have the car in my possession on Saturday, but if not then it will be Sunday I guess. Then Monday will have to pay all those taxes mentioned above and get the real plates, but I want to get my own number so it might be a few more days than that. Might get my old Teggy number which was 78-15 (my birthmonth and my kids birth months) or go with *5-55 (GoGoGo...sexydrive) :P.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned
o lol i forgot to explain tyler = TOOL bill = billmus86 kyle = kyle is raaddd other members haha btw can't wait to see pics!

Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Damn the Premium White Pearl is sexy in person or maybe I am just a little bias because it is on my Fit and I have seen this color multitudes of times on other Hondas and just thought it looked pretty good.

Went to TAS today and afterwards went to the dealer to see if the car made it and it was on the lift having the sussy changed out to the Access one. Didn't have my camera with me, just the iPhone (forgot it this morning on the way to TAS) so I didn't bother to take any pics. Same with TAS, though I did take a pic of the J's Snisen, it was pretty nice. TAS was not really that special, at least for me, but I have never been one for car shows really. Yes there were some nice cars, but also some super gawdy ones as well. Keichi Tsuchiya was in the Honda booth talking about the Insight that they will be racing...hmmmmm makes one wonder WHY?!?!

I was hoping Yagi-San of J's was going to be there so I could meet him as he is who I have been dealing with, but I was told he stayed back in Osaka unfortunately. Though they knew who I was before I could even say my name, all I could think is that Yagi-San told them I might be coming. Definitely going to take a drive over to Osaka on a long weekend to see the shop and meet all the staff. I purchased one small thing while there, just the short antenna in white, it has the same pearl look as the car's paint. Not like I need it as my car will be stereo less for a little while. I did see the next thing I want from J's, well they didn't have it on display, but in their 2010 catalog...a N1 ECU for the GE8 MT only. Yummy, yummy I want it already, but really going to find out all that was changed up from stock. I couldn't really care less about gas mileage, because all my driving is city driving in stop and go, but if the ECU cranks out some performance it will be nice for some touge running in the Fit.

Pics will go up tomorrow for sure minus the wheels for now and the seats as I need to have it inspected on Monday morning and don't want to have any type of hassle even though I shouldn't, but it is supposed to be a brand new car and don't want GOJ thinking what is going on. hahaha Monday afternoon I'll install the seats, c pillar bar and probably the pads. Still waiting for the other J's parts to arrive which hopefully will be later this month.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned
^i'm soo excited!!!!!!!!! i can feel my new favorite GE coming

Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Added a few pics, but they were just quick shots. Will get more later when I have some time.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Banned
baller. sexy. do want

Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
looking good so far, cant wait to see the exterior/suspension bits going on.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
The PRM intake just showed up. It took 34 days to get here even though it was shipped as an expedited parcel. What gives USPS? I'll see about installing it tonight, it gets dark here at like 4:45 which is in about 20 minutes and don't get home till about 5:30. I could wait till the weekend when I install the steering wheel. Knowing myself though, I hate seeing parts sit there versus being installed so I might just do it in the dark and cold.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
ur interior is so much better looking than the usdm. The temperature controls and the recirculation buttons and all the controls are different.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
you should have gotten the J's steering wheel... love your wheels, dude... would want a set as well of those... love your mods... probably nice living there in Japan...

Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Bumping this up for pure awesomeness, finally a sane build on a DD Fit mad props!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
Domo domo. Well I couldn't resist just installed the intake. Went for a little spin and I felt nada, just heard some induction noise. At the same time I'm still breaking the motor and clutch in. About 17% complete.

Don't care for the Js, it's too big as it matches the stock size. My Momo is only 300mm versus 360mm stock. Stock wheel feels like a semi-truck. Of course all my previous cars had 330mm or less diameter. Though I guess if I was into the show scene it would of went along with the other J's stuff.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
Well got home yesterday after work and in my post box was a delivery attempt slip from J's. So I called and setup for delivery today between 6 and 8 pm. Looking forward to the remainder of the pieces, front wing spoiler, side plates, rear carbon diffuser, sports grill and left/right front lower arms with the roll center adjusters already installed.

On another note, the short boss I purchased wasn't the correct one, I looked online previously and noted that the GE had a different number, but couldn't recall when at SA. When I was SA, the WB book they had on display didn't have the GE listed inside it nor did it have the part number S223 listed anywhere. Then I asked the staff to check online if it was indeed the correct one, he looked, but not sure what exactly he looked at because he was unable to find the GE listed and said most likely it is the right one because the last 2nd iteration GD here used S223 as well as a few other newer Hondas. So I purchased. Yesterday I searched on WB's site and found the correct part number. So I went back to SA in Kawasaki, first though I stopped off at a closer SA to my place just to see if they by chance had the correct one in stock, they didn't. While I was there though, I picked up the Mugen sport pedals and license plate bolts, yeah more trinkets without performace attached. Well the pedals do have a bit more grip than the stock rubber pads. Anyways afterwards went to the SA in Kawasaki and explained that I needed S224 for the GE and they took the S223 back even though I had opened the package and placed an order for the S224 without question. So possibly another week before I can get the wheel installed. Still need to purchase tires for the new wheels, but might just have the stockers swapped over to the RE30s as a temporary means and purchase ice/snow tires for the stock wheels, though the winter has been pretty mild in my opinion. So not sure yet. Just want the wheels on as they will look much better than the stocks.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 PM
more pics when you get the other parts

Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 PM
what is the credit card looking slot just to the right of the shifter on the dash for?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Electronic toll collection, it comes standard, I just have to get a Japanese bank account and then apply for the ETC card. It's nice to have as you can just drive on the expressway without needing to stop at all and it is cheaper, right now on the weekends you can go pretty much anywhere on the expressway for like ¥1000 ($11) if you have ETC. Without it you pay the normal rates which can be easily 10 times that amount overall.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Why does j's not make the carbon dash panel for the usdm fits? sigh...

Quick Reply: 555sexydrive Work In Progress