2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT

New-ish guy here, got my GE8 in July, since then I've been collecting a few parts for it here and there. Here is how it sits now..

Name:  DSCF6336.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  DSCF6317.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  DSCF6322.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  64.1 KB

Sitting on Function&Form Type 2's and stock wheels sprayed black. Handles wonderfully even with the stock Dunlops.. can't wait to put on the new wheels and tires (15'' Konig Heliums wrapped in 205 wide Kumho Ecstas). It's my everything car, and I do run backroads very often, 4 or 5 times a week. My goal for the car is to be the ultimate driver's car, basically a daily-driveable go-kart. Looking for a fixed-back race bucket, a few more suspension mods and maybe a couple engine bolt-ons and I'll consider it done, and drive the wheels off it

Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard lurker. Definitely is a fun little driving car.

Off-topic, damn Pennsylvania has some really plain, ugly plates. :P Japan has plain plates, but I don't feel they are ugly really, just nothing special.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
If you're looking for a fixed back bucket...I've got a BNIB OMP for cheap...

Looks like a clean start, what Kumhos do you have on the Konigs?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Kumho Ecsta AST's...all seasons that I can flog all day in the corners. I had them on my B13 SE-R and loved them especially for the price and got them again. How much were you thinking of getting rid of the seat for? OMP makes some pretty quality stuff, and I've been looking at brand new Corbeau's so that tells you what budget I'm on lol.

555, yes I need to find a license plate frame or something. PA plates have always been ugly. Also, I love your car...reading your picture thread really inspired me to want to build a FIT before I got mine.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
atleast you don't have to put the front plates on. =)

Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like you're happy w/ the FF Type IIs? Debating between those and Tein Street Basis. You pay around $900 for them if you don't mind me asking?

And the car looks slick. Stock sport wheels look pretty damn good painted, whatever the color, as long as it's not the stock.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I'm quite happy with them. The spring rates are 8kf 6kr and I feel like theyre perfect for what I need. I actually got them used off this forum for 650 shipped or so, can't remember. But what is interesting is that they actually seem to be Type 2's for the GD, seeing as how the box says "2008 FIT". The part number isn't the same as the set for the GE, and the spring rates on that are 6k front and rear. I took the plunge, ordered them, and after I emailed F&F and asked if they would fit my GE. They responded and said that the front bolt holes wouldn't line up, which sounded like bulls*&t since every thread I've seen on here shows that the GD and GE strut design is the same. They went on perfectly fine, even the abs and brake line wire brackets were the same...odd.

And yea the Sport wheels dont look bad, but I have a thing for small wheels and meaty tires, so these things will be for sale very soon for pretty cheap.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Glad you stopped lurking and joined the fun. Sweet looking Fit and sounds like you are really enjoying your car.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:32 PM
hi!, and welcome. i see TFB design on the rear window, and i can't really see it that well, but i hope you dont have their rear emblem insert in red carbon fiber.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
I do have the red CF insert...why's that?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
I do have the red CF insert...why's that?

i was their first customer with the red carbon vinyl stuff, and its looks GREAT!, but it just doesn't stand the weather well. i had mine put on around feb. or march of '11 and by the time my fit went into storage a few months ago it looked like crap. it still looks great on my steering wheel though i just don't think the stuff does too well in rain and shine and sometimes snow.

to be honest i REALLY miss the look of it i've since just gone with the JDM red emblem.

here was mine in its glourious days. :P

Last edited by Cocowheat; 02-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Yea I can kinda tell mine is a bit faded...it's cheap enough so I can just buy a new one, or maybe even 2 or 3 lol.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Finally got my new wheels on last night...here are a few quick pics even though my car is filthy..

Name:  DSCF6391-1.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  DSCF6392.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  88.8 KB

The car just feels so much more responsive all around now. I took out and hit up a local road with many switchbacks and hairpins as soon as I unloaded the other wheels at my house...wow. Just the little things like being in second gear around a tight turn and getting on the throttle around the apex really shows you the difference. It seems so effortless now. These wheels weigh 11lbs and I honestly think the GE looks so much more aggressive with a smaller wheel and meaty-ish tire. Can't wait to get my OMP seat so that I can actually be one with the car and really find its strengths and weaknesses. Overall I'm just glad my car is slowly coming together!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
Kumho Ecsta AST's...all seasons that I can flog all day in the corners. I had them on my B13 SE-R and loved them especially for the price and got them again.
I'm really surprised you like the Kumho Ecsta ASTs. I had them before and could not stand them, the sidewalls were way too soft, even when I pumped them up to 40psi. The tires always rolled on hard cornering and I'd literally ride on the sidewall through the turn.

I ended up selling the tires, would not recommend them to anyone.

Your car looks good, but I'd recommend you try some other tires. It'll be even better, you won't be sorry.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
They do have a very soft sidewall...and they don't last very long. However I got a very good price on them, and they are most definatly an upgrade from the stock Dunlops. They break traction very predictably, although they aren't too inspiring in the wet. These tires will probably last me until sometime during the summer, and by then I will be looking into getting a stickier tire...possibly star-specs or something around that price.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Just an update...me and the g/f took the FIT out for alittle car wash/cruise and decided to take a few pics. I tweaked the stance a bit since the last time you guys have seen it...gave it a bit of rake. It looks more aggressive now which I love, and I haven't felt any difference in the handling.

Still dripping wet lol..
Name:  DSCF7956-1.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  63.5 KB

Best shot I could get at the park...really need to learn how to use my sister's Canon Rebel..
Name:  DSCF7961-1.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  86.3 KB

Bored g/f while driving home lol
Name:  DSCF7973-1.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  79.1 KB

The only new mod I've done since my last posts was a Takeda CAI. Also, I'm in the middle of getting some sidemounts made for this guy..

Name:  DSCF7978.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  35.1 KB

Oh yea...sometimes I play Forza Motorsport 4 alittle too much..

Name:  fitrear.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  fitr2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  58.1 KB

If only I could add the JDM badge and yellow fogs like on the real car...

Name:  DSCF7957.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  68.9 KB

Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Car looks good!

I'd be hesitant to run a fixed back seat like that w/o rollbar, especially if you run it like you say you do, for safety's sake. Do what cha do, just a word of caution

A friend of mine had an OMP and I loved it.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Car looks good!

I'd be hesitant to run a fixed back seat like that w/o rollbar, especially if you run it like you say you do, for safety's sake. Do what cha do, just a word of caution
Curious as to why you say this? Serious question. Trying to garner a safety reason in my mind, but can't grasp one.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
what are the specs on the wheels offset width?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
15x6.5 40mm offset

Quick Reply: Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT