2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

My new taffeta LX 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
My new taffeta LX 2012

Here's my progress/build so far. It is still a work in progress, but is slowly starting to come together. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Rep if you like!

Mods so far.

Engine:
Fully Functional (AC, Cruise, VSA, Gauges, No codes, etc.) K24Z7 Engine swap
6 Speed manual with LSD
K&N Typhoon SRI
Full 3 inch exhaust system with resonator, Stock Cat
4.5 Exhaust with optional silencer

Interior:
Viper 5806v alarm/starter combo
JDM Hazard Switch
Weather tech front floor mats and honda all weather rears
Honda OEM center armrest
Tension spring on gas pedal for easy highway cruising
OEM interior footwell lighting in front and rear seats
JDM illuminated cup holders (front top ones)
Illuminated door sills with "fit" logo
Ktuner V2 tuning management and gauge readout
JVC kwnt-700 navi unit with reverse camera and parking brake bypass
EDM automatic climate controls with adjustable ac booster mod.
Blue led central cup holder light
Led dome light
LED cargo light
Refrigerated upper glovebox(OEM option from China)
Skunk2 6spd Shift Knob for 9th Si
OEM leather steering wheel cover
LED maplights.
Front facing dash cam.
Mugen rear view mirror cover
Airlift 3P controller

Exterior:
Front end clear bra treatment
Window tint 50% front 5% rear and 35% brow
JDM wiper mod
Pedobear sticker
Work emotion m8r in 17x7 +53 in white with kics 2 piece blue kics lugnuts
20mm Ichiba bolt on spacers front
15mm Ichiba bolt on spacers rear
OEM base foglight kit
OEM body side molding
JDM style Winker mirror covers with amber signal and blue unlock light
Mugen side skirts
Front end jdm rs conversion with full authentic mugen grille + lip
TDM Wiper cowl for LHD
JDM mugen lip with mugen led drls and custom style paint job
Condenser mesh protection behind lower grill
El Grande Dual horns
3000k led foglights
2.5 gen RS headlights with morimoto mini d2s 4.0 with 55w bulbs, panamera shrouds with diodedynamics switchback halos
OEM window visors
Axis full LED taillights with upgraded turn signals/reverse lights
Vleds v3 tritons front and rear LED turn signals
JDM RS Rear with mugen lip and mugen LED foglight.
Reverse camera
LED rear license plate lights
Paint matched JDP rear spoiler non duckbill style.
Air dynamiks air suspension with airlift 3p management, custom rear suspension mount. 4 gal tank, AZ comp. floor is completely flat.
Gloss black roof wrap
Front and rear RS and mugen emblems
Custom "JDM FIT" rear plate
Authentic JDM front plate with lucky numbers and accurate engine displacement indication.
S2K exhaust tip
Mugen front license plate bolts

1 week before pickup.. 16Km Odometer reading

about a month or so of owning it, got the bug deflector oem style, limo tint and brow, 3m clear bra

rear bumper applique:

Attached Thumbnails My new taffeta LX 2012-dsc02111_zps528f6670.jpeg   My new taffeta LX 2012-dsc02124_zpsba53e9a1.jpg   My new taffeta LX 2012-dsc02345_zps7b88fcee.jpeg   My new taffeta LX 2012-dsc02350_zpsa4940dc4.jpeg   My new taffeta LX 2012-dsc02349_zps57c761bd.jpeg  

Last edited by connor55; 07-14-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Nice start. Base models come with spoilers now eh? I guess it's not even worth it anymore to buy a sport.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Fogs and interior lighting installed
Name:  DSC02409_zps41d2464b.jpeg
Views: 3987
Size:  94.4 KB
Name:  DSC02411_zps71cab7c0.jpeg
Views: 4058
Size:  57.0 KB
Name:  DSC02410_zpsa9bb3f02.jpeg
Views: 4085
Size:  85.7 KB
Name:  DSC02412_zpsa5673206.jpeg
Views: 4045
Size:  45.6 KB

Working on plastidipping the lower grill. having issues with getting a straight line at the bottom of the grill(even with tape)

Name:  DSC02429_zps77c0c758.jpeg
Views: 4042
Size:  92.0 KB
Name:  DSC02430_zps795e5f95.jpeg
Views: 4039
Size:  84.0 KB

Currently waiting on powdered rims and JDM winker mirrors...

Last edited by connor55; 12-16-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 AM
The fog themselves look great, but it doesn't Flow with the lower grille at all. It looks like your car has braces. Rofl

Last edited by Cocowheat; 05-05-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
Nice start. Base models come with spoilers now eh? I guess it's not even worth it anymore to buy a sport.
Thanks! Mines actually an LX model, which is a canadian Trim level I'd say is between the base and sport. besides the spoiler, its got VSA, bluetooth, coloured mirrors etc.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
The fog themselves look great, but it doesn't with the lower grille at all. It looks like your car has braces. Rofl
LOL yeah, thats why i plasti dipped the grill! looks a lot better that way

Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by connor55
LOL yeah, thats why i plasti dipped the grill! looks a lot better that way
Agreed. Lol maybe I should move to Canada. You guys get better options then we do in the US. How's the cost of living

Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Agreed. Lol maybe I should move to Canada. You guys get better options then we do in the US. How's the cost of living
Haha well depending on how you look at it. Even though I haggled my price down pretty hard, I still paid probably about as much as you would've paid for a sport. For some reason all trim levels cost a lot more up here. Cost of living where I live isn't too bad lol. ( though I'm still renting)

About that grill, I never actually intended to have just the fogs cause I knew it would ugly with the white grill. I actually love the way it looks now with the blacked out grill. The stock grill was pretty much the only design aspect of my car I didn't really like, but now it's fixed:d

Last edited by connor55; 05-05-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Haha well depending on how you look at it. Even though I haggled my price down pretty hard, I still paid probably about as much as you would've paid for a sport. For some reason all trim levels cost a lot more up here.

About that grill, I never actually intended to have just the fogs cause I knew it would ugly with the white grill. I actually love the way it looks now with the blacked out grill. The stock grill was pretty much the only design aspect of my car I didn't really like, but now it's fixed:d
Yep, nice work. Really digging your fit. Can't wait to see pictures with the freshly powdered rims.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Somehow I prefer the look of the base bumper over the 2012 sport.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Hi there.The car is starting to look more sporty and better my friend.Nice start by the way.Can't wait to see it with the rims on.Nice work on the front bumper.Keep the good work.I have one question....What is the thing mark with the red circle in your car?Can you take it off or hide it back inside the grill?Take care....

Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StormSurfer
Hi there.The car is starting to look more sporty and better my friend.Nice start by the way.Can't wait to see it with the rims on.Nice work on the front bumper.Keep the good work.I have one question....What is the thing mark with the red circle in your car?Can you take it off or hide it back inside the grill?Take care....

Thanks! I should have the wheels on within the next couple days... waiting is killing me lol.

That thing you mentioned in the circle is the power cable for the engine block heater. Unfortunately, those need to be factory installed by law up here in Edmonton. Its zip tied to my grill at the moment, but i can probably tuck it away behind somewhere... thanks for the suggestion!

@PinoyBoy I think it looks better too, especially with the way I have mine now. The 2012 sport redesign is a little clunky IMHO, not as sharp as the '09-11 ones

Last edited by connor55; 05-05-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Welcome! Nice choice in color!

A suggestion--get rid of the dealer rear license holder and the sticker under the Fit emblem--the back end will look so much cleaner. I went as far getting rid of my emblem.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blassty
Welcome! Nice choice in color!

A suggestion--get rid of the dealer rear license holder and the sticker under the Fit emblem--the back end will look so much cleaner. I went as far getting rid of my emblem.
Thanks! You too

Wow I can't believe I didn't think of that yet. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been too focused on the front I guess lol.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Thanks! You too

Wow I can't believe I didn't think of that yet. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been too focused on the front I guess lol.
I was the same exact way. I replaced my license plate holder with a general black rimmed one after about 8 months of driving around with my ugly dealer one. Luckily for me the dealer didn't put any of their stickers on so I didn't have to remove those but I assume they're easy to remove.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blassty
I was the same exact way. I replaced my license plate holder with a general black rimmed one after about 8 months of driving around with my ugly dealer one. Luckily for me the dealer didn't put any of their stickers on so I didn't have to remove those but I assume they're easy to remove.
Yeah they're just stickers. I'm out of town for now but I think I'll do that when I get back. For the plate holder I might just go with the plate alone... If it doesn't scratch my paint.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Connor. Crappy has nice plate covers. I have vlue tinted ones on mine.

Nice to see someone else put side moldings on. They look sharp. And a Hood deflector -)

Where did you buy your wheels? I bet they cost a buck or two. I am looking at some on Kijji right now. $500 with tires -)

bill

You paid to have ambient lighting installed? Geez a couple of LED strips for $15 or so would have done it.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
I bet the all white theme (rims&paint) is goIng to look really nice, much better than all black theme. My cousin lives in Edmonton, haha small world.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Hey Connor. Crappy has nice plate covers. I have vlue tinted ones on mine.

Nice to see someone else put side moldings on. They look sharp. And a Hood deflector -)

Where did you buy your wheels? I bet they cost a buck or two. I am looking at some on Kijji right now. $500 with tires -)

bill

You paid to have ambient lighting installed? Geez a couple of LED strips for $15 or so would have done it.

Hey Bill, Thanks for your advice so far! I was actually unsure for a while what the body side molds would looks like on my car, but I really wanted to get them after seeing how terribly people park around here(especially truck drivers). So it wasnt until after seeing your pics that i decided to get them for sure

My wheels are brand new from a local vehicle shop. They sure cost a lot more than 500... since i needed to buy new tires, powder costs about 100 per wheel, then i gotta buy new lugs, installation/alignment fees etc.. so about 2000 total(lucky i just got a huge tax return)

I hate to admit, but yes i took it to the dealership to have the fogs and lighting installed... im not technically skilled enough(nor do i have the tools) to do such complicated tasks. I just dont trust myself with having to drill holes/cut out parts of my car, or anything that involves taking off my front bumper. I've thought about DIY lighting, but i really like how the honda kit with the drilled out covers look.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
I think the Honda side moldings are much sharper than any aftermarket with the round ends that fit all.

I paid about $80 wheel to have my winter steelies powered coated. There are no wheel deals in Canada unless try Midnight Auto Supply.

Actually the underdash lighting hooks up easier than those mirror covers.

I had to pay a chunk to the government again.

Quick Reply: My new taffeta LX 2012