2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Project Mad Panda - My 2010 Taffeta White GE8 Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Oh, duh. Yea I forgot.

And for sure! It has a little more pop than yours though. But I think it's quieter because of the smaller diameter tip I replaced the original with to fit the Mugen. My friend also did a res-delete and his is the HKS-- sounds louder and it pops so much more especially after shifts(I'm glad it's not my setup haha).
The video is a little misleading since the I was on the gas through the range. When I get a chance to upload a video where I leave the throttle you can hear the popping

I am curious to hear that HKS in person!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Waiz
The video is a little misleading since the I was on the gas through the range. When I get a chance to upload a video where I leave the throttle you can hear the popping

I am curious to hear that HKS in person!
Oh I see! We might be the same if not very similar then haha.

I'll try to get my friend to come the next meet(which I'm not entirely sure if he and I will make it again-- it's Feb 14?) but yea his pops can be heard within the cabin-- very distinct. Mine are real subtle, I actually don't hear them when I'm driving haha.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Oh I see! We might be the same if not very similar then haha.

I'll try to get my friend to come the next meet(which I'm not entirely sure if he and I will make it again-- it's Feb 14?) but yea his pops can be heard within the cabin-- very distinct. Mine are real subtle, I actually don't hear them when I'm driving haha.
2/14 is the next meet you can make it

Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Will you do the install yourself on the struts? If not what did you shell out to install them?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Regdog77
Will you do the install yourself on the struts? If not what did you shell out to install them?
Expect to pay around $150-$200 for most shops to install them

We ran into a problem with the fronts (axle/boot drop) and could only do the fronts today. I will be going back Thursday and they will do the rears

Old 01-23-2015, 01:00 AM
Administrator
I had the busiest day in the nearly 2 years of owning the car:

Mugen Rear Lip installed
Mugen Front Lip installed
Mugen emblem installed
2013 headlights installed
New TPMS sensor installed
Rear Koni's installed
Tires Rotated
Front Wheels rebalanced
Alignment

This was how my car looked with everything stuffed inside, amazing how much you can fit in this car!

Quick teaser after everything was installed

Rear shot

Will have a full shoot in the coming days

Last edited by Waiz; 01-23-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Wow! looks great Waiz! Can't wait to see it!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by CMartinez
Wow! looks great Waiz! Can't wait to see it!
Thanks Chris, I no longer work in Irvine so I haven't seen your car in forever

Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 AM
The car looks fantastic. Do you think the GE Mugen rear view mirror cover would fit on a GK?

Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
The car looks fantastic. Do you think the GE Mugen rear view mirror cover would fit on a GK?
Thanks, I am very happy with it as well

You might be able to replace the entire mirror assembly with the GE assembly depending on how the base is installed. I haven't had a chance to look at a GK mirror closely so I don't know for sure.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
I can never get enough of the rear view. I really like the Mugen badge addition. I've been debating it as well and perhaps may need to flatter you with a steal.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Went to shoot the new look the other night, here are some of the pics

Starting out with my new front, you can really see how distinct the new headlights are. I am very happy with the end result

Straight front shot

One of my favorite mods, my Mugen grille

Side shot showing how far the Mugen front extends

My SSR's

I am very happy with the side view now that I have a front and rear lip on the car. Prior I always felt that the car did not look even.

I also took the opportunity to wash my engine bay and polish some of the metal parts

The great rear end with the Mugen rear

My fitment and a little peek of my Mugen exhaust

Closeup of the Mugen rear emblem

Lastly before the sun went down with my taillights on

Last edited by Waiz; 02-01-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Administrator
I was also able to grab a new video of my exhaust

Originally Posted by jdmj0
I can never get enough of the rear view. I really like the Mugen badge addition. I've been debating it as well and perhaps may need to flatter you with a steal.
Go for it!

I had never seen another car with this emblem but I am glad I pulled the trigger

Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Looks quite nice. Ever thought about having the center caps anodized red? Just something I would probably do if my setup. Since you got the red Mugen mirror cover, a little more splash of red would make it look even better than it already does. Maybe just my thinking.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Just wanted to say your ride looks and sounds sexy!

Did you get new oem black housing headlights or are they painted or aftermarket oem style?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:46 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Looks quite nice. Ever thought about having the center caps anodized red? Just something I would probably do if my setup. Since you got the red Mugen mirror cover, a little more splash of red would make it look even better than it already does. Maybe just my thinking.
Thanks! I'm glad to get my aero parts finally sorted

If I were to do anything to the caps I would paint them black but since they are nearly $40/piece I just might keep them as they are.

Eventually I will end up with a set of red Wilwood brakes which should add some color!

Originally Posted by FittinglyFittedFit
Just wanted to say your ride looks and sounds sexy!

Did you get new oem black housing headlights or are they painted or aftermarket oem style?
finally got that video for you!

My lights are the 2013 Sport headlights ordered directly from Honda by my good buddy who works at a dealer.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
looks gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Old 01-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by SeekerZero
looks gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Looking forward to see how your car finishes out

Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Red calipers would make a splash indeed.

Isn't it crazy how much center caps cost? I lost one of my Advan center caps on a drive just after putting them on, basically because the hubrings I used with them were too thick not allowing the center cap to sit completely flush. Though I'm not so pleased with Advan's center caps using a glue to keep them in place, unlike Rays where it uses a rubber o-ring and a tighter fit. I have since purchased Advan hub rings (didn't know they existed) that are half the width of the other ones, but still need to get a new center cap.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Red calipers would make a splash indeed.

Isn't it crazy how much center caps cost? I lost one of my Advan center caps on a drive just after putting them on, basically because the hubrings I used with them were too thick not allowing the center cap to sit completely flush. Though I'm not so pleased with Advan's center caps using a glue to keep them in place, unlike Rays where it uses a rubber o-ring and a tighter fit. I have since purchased Advan hub rings (didn't know they existed) that are half the width of the other ones, but still need to get a new center cap.
I did not know that is how the Advans are installed, that would make me very wary. The SSR center cap is a nice piece of machined aluminum and uses an O-ring to install, to me it would make sense that it would be as expensive as it is based on it's construction and the fact that it is a JDM part. Your Advans hopefully aren't too expensive to replace.

Two of my caps have a very subtle issue with clear peeling near the SSR logo. I'm going to ask around to see if I can get them refinished or even painted back and have the SSR logo duplicated as a small sticker. Worst case I will just buy 2 replacements.

Quick Reply: Project Mad Panda - My 2010 Taffeta White GE8 Build