2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

The Blue Dragon: 2010 Fit LX

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
The Blue Dragon: 2010 Fit LX

After three years of ownership and just over 30,000 km, I started mods on my Fit. A little about the car as it was from the dealer:

2010 Fit LX
- 5AT
- Blue Sensation Pearl
- 15" Alloy wheels ("Pizza Cutters")
- Heated side mirrors
- Remote Start (make unknown, kinda cheap)

So far, I've only done three mods: Carbon fiber look vinyl on the tow hook covers, SickSpeed Antenna, and shaved the Fit badge. A couple pictures to satisfy the nature of the subforum:

Front View (Yes, I have to tuck the block heater cord back under to the lower grille)
Name:  FnkpZv1.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  744.9 KB

SickSpeed Antenna:
Name:  dw9OhqL.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  581.8 KB

Rear with shaved badge:
Name:  2X5T5Cu.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  670.3 KB

You can't tell from the pictures, but I don't really have a driveway. There is access to my back yard from the alley, but its too wet and muddy to park back there still. Hence why the car is dirty. Also, these were shot with my phone so they're a little fuzzy/crappy. I don't have a real camera at the moment, but I know a few photographers. I might get one of them to do a little shoot eventually.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Nice to see you start your own thread! ALberta represent lol!

I started pretty much the same since mine is an LX also.

Since you're in AB, you gotta do the lower condenser grille mod. Then you can tuck your block heater cord into the side of it.

Btw, how well has the paint on your hood/bumper held up over the years? I've got easily 100 on mine and all my crappy touch ups make it look pretty bad close up. Got 3 on the first half day of owning it the bumper is bra'ed and the hood is going in for a repaint plus bra eventually, damn winter lol.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
But I notice yours didn't have the weird, ugly alloys? Some people think they're cool, but I don't like 'em.

As for the paint, I just have good luck with that sort of thing. I didn't take a picture of the car's "bad side", though. Some kids egged the side of the car, and then it got cold and froze on until spring. When I washed it off, the clear coat was clouded.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Nope, mine had the hubcaps. They changed it for 2012 along with a few other things.

You should think about getting some nicer wheels then haha

For the clear cost thing, you should probably be okay with just clay barring and polishing it up.

Guess driving it through the Rockies during winter doesn't help my hood lol

Old 04-26-2014, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
I do have a set. Mini R81s. I'm just waiting for the lug nuts to come in from Jegs. Apparently the wheels themselves only weigh 12 lbs each. In the aftermarket, you're looking at a big chunk of change for wheels that light that will hold up properly.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
I decided to be fiscally irresponsible and order an intake. I had the extra money, wanted something "big" for the car, so I sprung on it. Pics of the install once it gets here. That, and a new battery. But batteries aren't exciting.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yay for another AB Fit! Welcome to the forums!

Old 08-09-2014, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
I've been here a while, but thanks! Its always nice to see people semi-local on forums.

Just waiting for the intake to actually get here. A truck broke down in Calgary with the shipments headed to Edmonton. Then, when it made it to Edmonton, the storm knocked out their computer system, and they couldn't ship it up here (Grande Prairie) until yesterday, and its supposed to be here by Monday.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Having battled the monster UPS using its weapons of lies and border taxes, the intake is finally here. Just have to pick up a new battery, and have a day off to install everything.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Which intake did you go with?
I've been holding off on buying a new battery, still running original battery on my GD. Get the Honda battery with 450cca, way better than our puny 340cca battery.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Is the 450 CCA still a 151R? I saw the civic battery mounted in a GE, and I don't like the way it ends up fitting. If it is, do you happen to know a part #?

As for the intake, I went with the HPS short ram. Its very well made, and the wrinkle black finish gives it a nice discrete look to it. I had bought it with the intention of adding a blox or sickspeed velocity stack to sit inside. However, upon inspecting the pipe, they've built in a velocity stack into the tube. The only thing that annoyed me was the fact that they make silicone hose products, and they ship it with a chunk of rubber fuel line for the breather tube. It will work just fine, but the upgrade would have been nice out of the box.

They do ship with UPS, though. They are a different story. First off, they said they made three delivery attempts, but actually only made two. Then they tell me I need to pay a border fee of $12.12, and tell me to make the payment out to HPS, when I actually needed to make it out to UPS. All in all, my only regret is not asking if they'd ship it through USPS/Canada Post.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Shipping from other countries to Canada is always hit and miss. And tbh, I try to stay away from UPS/FedEx most of the time unless the duties are prepaid by the seller. I like USPS and Canadapost.

As for the battery, I am not sure about the size but I've replaced batteries on some Fits at the dealership and they sit perfectly on the battery tray. Double check when you get your intake installed and make sure it doesn't hit.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
The intake sits nice and far back from the battery tray from what I can see on HPS' web site, so that shouldn't be an issue. It sits back before the airbox where the filter itself sits.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Couple little things incoming: FINALLY the lug nuts for my R81s are in the mail, and I ordered a red badged key shell. Every Honda has to have something with a red emblem on their car, right?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Nice to start the mods, and understand you guys about the shipping and douane issues.

If you're thinking to get new wheels go for the 16x6.5 and upgrade your tires to 205-50-R16, I change mines from stock 185-55-R16 to that size and no changes in the mileage but you'll get stability and strong look

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Blue

Old 09-07-2014, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
I thought about going to 16s, but I already have two sets of 15s!

Also just ordered a J's Racing oil cap. I had a 10% off on eBay coupon code, so I took advantage of it with that. I wasn't planning on getting much more in the way of appearance mods until later on, but I couldn't afford to use the code on anything performance related.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
A little bling for a dirty engine bay:

Name:  62F3XIY.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  421.7 KB

The picture here does NOT do the actual colour justice. Looks fantastic!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  oN57T8L.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  725.1 KB

Red emblem key shell!

Old 10-01-2014, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Winter tires are here! Ended up with Dunlop WinterMaxx. They weren't my first choice, but they were available. So that will be the last of the mods for this year. Just a 51R battery and the tires. Of course when I swap the battery, I'll FINALLY install my HPS intake.

On that note, its time to start thinking about next year. I have a pretty clear idea of what I'd like the car to be, and what I'd like it to be able to do. This isn't the kind of car that lets you have it all, but you can have most of it.

- Progress sway bar
- Progress springs
- T1R racing converter
- Custom B pipe
- Megan Racing OE-RS axle back
- 16" wheels and tires (any wheel ideas? I'd like to spend less than $175 per wheel)
- Red Emblems
- Honda sport pedals
- Honda leather shift knob
- Black gear selector cover
- Honda leather steering wheel cover
- DIY BBK using the OEM parts, and maybe some caliper paint depending on what colour they are stock.
- Upgrade factory speakers
- Clazzios? I'm on the fence about these.

Whether I get to all this stuff or not, who knows. I have a mental list of "musts" from that list, and there are a few things I may get along the way that aren't on here, too. If you have any thoughts/suggestions, chime in!

Old 10-03-2014, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
Do you think you got any horsepower gains with the HPS intake? I've only been able to use the air filter and it seems to help increase trap speed by 1mph in the 1/4 mile and reduce 1/4 mile time by 1-2/10ths. Curious how the filter and pipe is on the older models.

Nice ride btw! The blue looks nice and that blue cap is a nice touch.

Quick Reply: The Blue Dragon: 2010 Fit LX