2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

The GE FiT Swift Springs thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
4H021 is what your looking for just to clarify things.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
love these springs. i was a Tein fan before i got on this forum. i listened to you guys and got the Swift springs over the Tein and they are a lot better than any other spring i have used. they ride great, perfect balance of comfort and control.

as a side note my alignment did change a lot on the front toe -.33 degrees toe out on each side. thats -.66 degrees total toe out. that will wear out the insides of the front tires. Honda wants toe at 0, so thats where i set it. my front camber went from 0 to -.2 degrees in the front. Honda wants 0 camber but i dont think its worth the extra money of front camber bolts even at my cost and my free labor to correct the front camber so i only set the front toe.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Hey guys!
First off I'm running 205/40/17 tyres on what can be very rough roads here. (Australia)
Also I've got a GE6, so it's the base model which I've heard the shocks aren't as good as the GE8s.
So I'm wondering, my goal is to lower a little bit but most importantly make my ride as smooth as possible and not feel every little pebble here.
Can I run with the Swifts or will they ruin my shocks because I've got a base model??
Thanks! ,Taxi

Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KE9035
Hey guys!
First off I'm running 205/40/17 tyres on what can be very rough roads here. (Australia)
Also I've got a GE6, so it's the base model which I've heard the shocks aren't as good as the GE8s.
So I'm wondering, my goal is to lower a little bit but most importantly make my ride as smooth as possible and not feel every little pebble here.
Can I run with the Swifts or will they ruin my shocks because I've got a base model??
Thanks! ,Taxi
I don't believe there is any difference between the shocks between the base and sport model but the sport models sold here come equipped with a rear anti sway bar. What is special about the Swift springs is there is very little change in the spring rate when compressed 100.6 mm and the have more travel than other springs.. That allows the stock shocks to be able to better control and dampen out bumps as well as increasing the life of the shocks and struts... I have a GD3 which has slightly stiffer springs than the ones Swift is making for the GE models and have had Swift springs 2 years and I am still amazed by the quality of the ride and handling.... I refuse to think of them as lowering springs since they have none of the crappy characteristics that I have experienced with lowering springs that I have used or ridden on in other cars.. You do get a slightly stiffer ride but it is not at all harsh or punishing... I can only think of the ride quality of my former mother in laws C class Mercedes sedan as something I have driven that had a comparable feeling of control and comfort... Getting some lighter wheels and tires and some Swift springs and you will be amazed with the changes for the better in every respect of comfort, handling and performance.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Would a 17x7 rim with 195/45R17 tires rub with these, I think I am leaning towards Swift for my GE8

Old 04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by britdevine
Would a 17x7 rim with 195/45R17 tires rub with these, I think I am leaning towards Swift for my GE8
If the offset of the wheel isn't to radical they will fit... I had 195-45-16s on 7" wheels with 38mm offset and they would scrape a little even after bending the metal fender tabs that hold the plastic inner fender in place... I am using the stock size tires which are 195-55-15s on 15"X7 wheels with 41mm offset.. I liked the look of the 16" wheels and tires and what the smaller diameter tires did by lowering the final drive gearing but the extra weight and reduced sidewall hight plus 3mm change in offset had negative effects on ride. handling and steering when accelerating. Oh Yeah I forgot to mention that my car is a GD3.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Is anyone running these with a progress rear swaybar? I've had the swaybar installed for a couple of years now and really like it but I would like to get the Swift springs as well and don't want to end up making the car tail happy at all. In other words, if it's well balanced with just the swifts than I'll get rid of the swaybar.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willy65000
Is anyone running these with a progress rear swaybar? I've had the swaybar installed for a couple of years now and really like it but I would like to get the Swift springs as well and don't want to end up making the car tail happy at all. In other words, if it's well balanced with just the swifts than I'll get rid of the swaybar.

Thanks
Why not just give it a try?

Leave the RSB for now, install the Swifts and give it a whirl for a while. If at any point you feel like it's too tail happy (or just because), you can take off the RSB and give that a whirl to see if it's more to your liking.

It's not like you are under some obligation to decide right this minute, once and for all.

For myself though, it feels like just the Swift (w/only stock RSB) is "just right" for me. But then again, I'm pretty tame compared some freaks on here.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Why not just give it a try?

Leave the RSB for now, install the Swifts and give it a whirl for a while. If at any point you feel like it's too tail happy (or just because), you can take off the RSB and give that a whirl to see if it's more to your liking.

It's not like you are under some obligation to decide right this minute, once and for all.

For myself though, it feels like just the Swift (w/only stock RSB) is "just right" for me. But then again, I'm pretty tame compared some freaks on here.
That's a good point and I did sort of plan on trying it both ways. I think I'll try it first without the bar.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by britdevine
I run 17x7 +47 195/45 S.drive. I kept the front at +47 offset and added 5mm spacer on the rear making it +42 with un-rolled fenders (rear is more sunk than front)... never rubbed even with a very heavy load over speed bumps and the many railroad crossings in IL.

I've heard/read (and would confirm visually) that +45 offset is the sweet spot specially on the fronts.

here's my Work XD-9 17x7 (+47 front and +42 rear) 195/45 S.drive

Old 04-13-2011, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
I run 17x7 +47 195/45 S.drive. I kept the front at +47 offset and added 5mm spacer on the rear making it +42 with un-rolled fenders (rear is more sunk than front)... never rubbed even with a very heavy load over speed bumps and the many railroad crossings in IL.

I've heard/read (and would confirm visually) that +45 offset is the sweet spot specially on the fronts.

here's my Work XD-9 17x7 (+47 front and +42 rear) 195/45 S.drive
Those wheels and tires look great and it sounds like a practical setup as well... I tried to rep you but I must have hit you with one too recently to do it.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
my swifts should come in tomorrow. cant wait to install them!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
You will love how much better your car rides, handles and corners with the new springs... Just add light weight wheels and tires and it will drive as well as some legendary European sports sedans...

Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Installed them on friday with a little help from a friend. Only problem i ran into was removing a couple bolts and it taking a while because i didnt remove the cowl.

I LOVE how the car handles now. The ride is still pretty comfortable but firm. Corners are really fun now even though they were fun before the springs its just 10x better.

here are a few photos i took today.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry OT, but the stock wheels painted gunmetal look great in this pic

Old 12-25-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies

Sorry OT, but the stock wheels painted gunmetal look great in this pic
this really makes me wanna get swift springs and paint my wheels!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks a ton to 'beangrower' who sold me this set a couple of months ago. Also props to you guys, a supportive forum that convinced me on these springs.

Cornering is heaps better, very little body rolling and can take corners at higher speeds.

In terms of comfort, my ride is quite bumpy due to my low profile tyres (215/40) and it can get annoying when facing potholes and Australia's bad conditioned roads.

Lowering height is perfect for form, in terms of function however I have scraped my front lip entirely off a few times on steep driveways. Always a pain but you have to pay to play!

Note: My wheels are 17x7 +42 215/40 and I rubbed like crazy when I first put them on. I was no where near full lock and could hear it rubbing against the guards. I had to get everything realigned and camber adjusted etc. If you wanna know my alignment specs PM me.

Now I'll let the pics do the talking

Last edited by KE9035; 12-29-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Your first listing of 245/40 I was like what the??? hahaha so really you are running 205/40. Surprised that rubbed having an even lower profile, when I was running just the Honda Access sussy, same lowering if not a tad more at 25mm compared to the SportMachs, with 6.5+45 with 205/50 I never once rubbed.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Your first listing of 245/40 I was like what the??? hahaha so really you are running 205/40. Surprised that rubbed having an even lower profile, when I was running just the Honda Access sussy, same lowering if not a tad more at 25mm compared to the SportMachs, with 6.5+45 with 205/50 I never once rubbed.
Sorry my mistake! I'm running 215/40/17

Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Somehow I overlooked the 17" you have myself. My 16x6.5"+45 doesn't really compare at all.

Quick Reply: The GE FiT Swift Springs thread