Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Old 04-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor
Arrow KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

KraftWerks Fit Supercharger Kits

Included Items:
• Rotrex C15-60 Supercharger at 5 PSI*
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management Unit
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware

With the addition of a Header and/or Test-Pipe to this kit, our Injector Upgrade Package is required.

*Boost level is determined at sea level, and can change depending on modifications, weather, altitude, etc.

-CARB Pending-

About KraftWerks:
KraftWerks was started to house all of our Rotrex-powered supercharger kits by Jackson Racing. We believe the Rotrex product will be able to grow with this brand into the future.

KraftWerks is made up of us at Jackson Racing, with Oscar Jackson Sr. at the helm and the rest of our Jackson Racing supercharger engineers. The same quality and technology that you have known of JR, will be with KraftWerks, and will be better than ever. We have improved our supercharger design techniques and have learned quite a bit on the Rotrex supercharger from recent testing.

KraftWerks will establish its own distribution by the time of the release of our new kits. No other companies will be responsible for the distribution of KraftWerks supercharger kits.

We appreciate the support of the Fit community very much! We are very excited about our new venture, and hope the Fit community is ready for some boost!!

The Fuel Electronics:
The new SuperCard utlizes newer software than our previous PowerCard. Also, the SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of time testing to get the electronics to work perfect across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations. We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles.

The reason they are so small? That's because we use cell-phone technology, to make small chips and boards. This makes it simple for our customer to install, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

The SuperCard sees injector duty cycle output and manifold pressure. The SuperCard contains proprietary software that is able to determine proper management for all different types of conditions.

General KraftWerks Kit Information:
-The KraftWerks kits and Rotrex supercharger have a 2 year warranty.

-The Base and High-Boost kits are made to be used on completely stock engine components.

-There will be an upgrade path from Base kit to High-Boost kit.

-High-Boost kit information is not available, but it will feature as much as 10PSI!

-Any aftermarket cat-back exhaust can be used with the KraftWerks kits.

-Test pipes can be used, but in conjunction with our Injector Upgrade Pack.

-The stock MAP sensor is utilized in both the Base and High-Boost kits. No problems using the stock MAP sensor.

-The KraftWerks kits use a single belt in the system. We have had great belt life, and no issues with our belt drive. We recommend having an extra belt at home, or in the trunk on a long trip. Having a spare belt also makes it easier when you decide to change your belt. You can change it instantly, and then order another spare or two from us while you drive around on your fresh new belt.

-We include an automatic tensioner with our kit (stock car uses a manual tensioner) to help increase constant belt tension and reduce belt slipping. The automatic tensioner also increases belt life.
We have had excellent wear (meaning low wear), and have had no belt related issues. But I would expect to change the belt a little more often than stock, because the supercharged belt must work a bit harder.

-Fuel Electronics are always standard with our kits, and require no additional tuning.

-Automatic Fits will be able to get the Base kit.

-A/C is fully-retained

-Our kits have no check engine lights and are a full bolt-on system. Your factory OBDII system will work as normal with our kit.

-We will confirm international compatibility once our production pieces our available. We will be sending these pieces to Rotrex partners throughout the world to check Right Hand Drive Fit/Jazz. We believe that we should have no problems.Unfortunately, the kit will be available in North America only upon initial release. We will get out international testing complete, and then the kit will be available to all Fit/Jazz owners...

-In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors at 121 WHP. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit. This kit is to be used with a stock header and cat.

We will be offering an injector upgrade package for those that want to do a header and cat-delete, and it will work directly with the Base kit. The upgrade pack will be a minimal price, plug and play, and will allow full support for tons of modifications.

We have tested a few different cat-backs, and they all have shown minimal gain. On a S2000, for example, we found a cat-back system that lost over 50 WHP!! The biggest performance gain you can do for your Base SC Fit is ultra-light wheels and high-performance tires.

The Rotrex Supercharger:
-The Rotrex is small; about the size of the turbo it competes against. It has a traction drive, but is sans the turbine of course.

-The Rotrex drive system is a planetary traction drive system. This patented drive allows the Rotrex to spin to extremely high RPMs. There is some calculated slip in the system, but it is very small. This drive has no cut gears, which allows the Rotrex to be ultra quiet.

-The traction drive system has been tested to over 500,000RPM! Compressors wheels will not live at that RPM though. The smallest Rotrex unit spins at 201,000 RPM all day long!

-It uses the same compressor wheels and housings as its turbo opponents, because the drive system can turn the proper RPMs.

-The Rotrex supercharger pumps its own Rotrex SX100 oil, so there is no need to tap the oil pan or add an oil pump. A small Rotrex reservoir is included, along with a small oil cooler for the Rotrex oil.

-The Rotrex SX100 traction oil should be replaced every 50,000 miles or 2 years. If you are doing some heavy track abuse, I recommend changing the oil more often. The bottle included with the kit will cover your first 50,000 miles or so under normal conditions.

-The ratio in the Rotrex supercharger never varies. The C15-60 supercharger used on the Fit kit has a 12.67:1 ratio.

-The supercharger pulley size changes the speed of the Rotrex, just like any other traditional supercharger.

The "Injector Package" runs used an aftermarket header, cat-delete, and full exhaust.

Stock (Red) vs Base Kit with Injector Package (Blue)

Base Kit with Stock Header, Stock Cat, Stock Exhaust (Red) vs Base Kit with Injector Package (Blue)

That is as much as I could catch for now!

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 04-19-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
do you have pics of the final product?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Will there be an intercooler kit released later in the future? For the Hi Boost kit, how much more boost would it be and possible HP/TQ numbers as well?

Old 04-19-2008, 03:40 AM
also, any vids?

Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
WOW you are the MAN! you have explained EVERYTHING so that even I (with little or no S/C turbo experience or knowledge) can understand MOST of it! GOOD JOB!!

i do have some questions though...

1. what will the PSI be on the high boost kit?
2. will an intercooler be a good idea/required for the hig boost kit?
3. i can see the pics can you (or someone else) post the hp/tq gains below
4. silicon hoses are available in how many colors?
5. what is the expected whp/tq with a high boost kit and injector upgrade (if known?)
6. just how easy it to replace the belt? plug and play or like changing a tire? (the difficulty i mean, minimal tools/time)

F/I noob questions...

1. will changing compression (i.e. P&P anda piston, rings) be better and help me make more Hp or will it be unnecessary?
2. also what after market parts were installed on the car listed below with the header, cat-delete, and exhaust?
3. Whats a power card? Is it like an ECU (same concept?)
4. so with this kit i can bolt and no tuning is required?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm EXCITED and wanna know before i purchase!

THANKS again i'm REALLY liking the way you have turned around and i'm REALLY glad you are still building quality products like the JR stuff i've seen in the past..CONGRATS again on this GREAT achievement! i CANT wait to get home and get my fit EVEN MORE now!!

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 04-19-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Cut Quote Down :-)
Old 04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Kamui
Will there be an intercooler kit released later in the future? For the Hi Boost kit, how much more boost would it be and possible HP/TQ numbers as well?
They do have plans to release a front-mount intercooler in the near future, most likely around the same time as the high-boost kit.
The base kit produces 5 lbs. of boost, while the high-boost kit will be putting out 10 lbs!

do you have pics of the final product?
So far there's only the pic on the KW website. But now that the preorder is over, and the month is slowly drawing to a close, I'm sure we'll see more in the near future.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jscooter
WOW you are the MAN! you have explained EVERYTHING so that even I (with little or no S/C turbo experience or knowledge) can understand MOST of it! GOOD JOB!!

i do have some questions though...

1. what will the PSI be on the high boost kit?
2. will an intercooler be a good idea/required for the hig boost kit?
3. i can see the pics can you (or someone else) post the hp/tq gains below
4. silicon hoses are available in how many colors?
5. what is the expected whp/tq with a high boost kit and injector upgrade (if known?)
6. just how easy it to replace the belt? plug and play or like changing a tire? (the difficulty i mean, minimal tools/time)

F/I noob questions...

1. will changing compression (i.e. P&P anda piston, rings) be better and help me make more Hp or will it be unnecessary?
2. also what after market parts were installed on the car listed below with the header, cat-delete, and exhaust?
3. Whats a power card? Is it like an ECU (same concept?)
4. so with this kit i can bolt and no tuning is required?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm EXCITED and wanna know before i purchase!

THANKS again i'm REALLY liking the way you have turned around and i'm REALLY glad you are still building quality products like the JR stuff i've seen in the past..CONGRATS again on this GREAT achievement! i CANT wait to get home and get my fit EVEN MORE now!!
1. 10 psi for the high boost
2. Intercooler info will be out soon
3. stock 121whp/105tq
4. i think the fit will have black couplers/hoses.
5. highboost numbers will be released soon
6. Belt is easy to replace.

1. Depends on how you are changing the compression.
2. I have the Megan Header/test pipe/b pipe and tanabe axleback.
3. Supercard is the electronics that tells the injectors how much fuel to use. It doesnt touch the ECU, rather it reads the injectors/boost.
4. This kit requires NO tuning. Install and GO!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
1. 10 psi for the high boost
2. Intercooler info will be out soon
3. stock 121whp/105tq
4. i think the fit will have black couplers/hoses.
5. highboost numbers will be released soon
6. Belt is easy to replace.

1. Depends on how you are changing the compression.
2. I have the Megan Header/test pipe/b pipe and tanabe axleback.
3. Supercard is the electronics that tells the injectors how much fuel to use. It doesnt touch the ECU, rather it reads the injectors/boost.
4. This kit requires NO tuning. Install and GO!
how easy is the belt to change on a scale from 1-10? (10 being hardest)

i would be lowering the compression, i know thats what you do for a turbo setup... its not better to raise unless you are doing an all motor right?

ot sure if you care/if you know..what are your 1/4 times (if you have any) with kit?

Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
how easy is the belt to change on a scale from 1-10? (10 being hardest)

i would be lowering the compression, i know thats what you do for a turbo setup... its not better to raise unless you are doing an all motor right?

ot sure if you care/if you know..what are your 1/4 times (if you have any) with kit?
I would say 3/10

Lowering the compression on this setup isnt good... You wont make as much power. I wouldnt raise it too much either.

i havent ran 1/4

Old 04-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I would say 3/10

Lowering the compression on this setup isnt good... You wont make as much power. I wouldnt raise it too much either.

i havent ran 1/4
so what would you suggest? i wannt get close to 200whp out of the fit....do you think i can do that with the high boost kit w/ injector uprgrade? if so would you lower the compression then?

are you planning to run a 1/4?

Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
so what would you suggest? i wannt get close to 200whp out of the fit....do you think i can do that with the high boost kit w/ injector uprgrade? if so would you lower the compression then?

are you planning to run a 1/4?
You dont need an injector upgrade with the highboost... it already comes with upgraded injectors. 200hp is not a unreachable number and wont be too hard to get to. Just do not lower the compression.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
You dont need an injector upgrade with the highboost... it already comes with upgraded injectors. 200hp is not a unreachable number and wont be too hard to get to. Just do not lower the compression.
i was talking about the high boost kit w/ injectors upgrades as a package...so should i leave the compression alone and just get new pistons/rods and other bolt ons? would be cheaper...lol

Old 04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor
High-Boost kit information is currently not available, but it will be a 10PSI kit.

The intercooler option is being explored, but our kit does not require huge amounts of cooling. Our intake air temperatures at 10PSI are only 150-160F! and that is on a 100F day!

Stock Fit with Base Kit: 121WHP / 105WTQ

Fit with InjPack and full exhaust: 144.3WHP /122.7WTQ

Silicone couplers will all be black.

Putting the belt on will be about the same as stock. Of course you must route it around a few more pulleys, but it is fairly simple.

As stated previously, this kit is designed to be used on the stock engine components and stock internals. DO NOT lower compression, this will decrease your engine's performance.

This is a full bolt-on kit. No modifications, besides the supercharger kit, are required.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Header + catback + injector kit + 5lb kit = CARB?

Originally Posted by KraftWerks
-In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors at 121 WHP. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit. This kit is to be used with a stock header and cat.
-Oscar Jackson Jr.
Hey Oscar,
I am running a catback exhaust and a DC Ceramic Sport header (CARB pending). If I install the base kit, along with your injector kit, will my car be able to meet CARB specs? Should it pass smog? As for JDMChris, is his car being tested and set up within the CARB parameters of your submitted CARB request? (i.e. should his car pass smog?)
-macbuddy-

Old 04-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
injector kit is outside of the carb parameters.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by macbuddy
Hey Oscar,
I am running a catback exhaust and a DC Ceramic Sport header (CARB pending). If I install the base kit, along with your injector kit, will my car be able to meet CARB specs? Should it pass smog? As for JDMChris, is his car being tested and set up within the CARB parameters of your submitted CARB request? (i.e. should his car pass smog?)
-macbuddy-
The Injector Upgrade Pack is not CARB approved. But the injectors are trimmed by the Factory ECU, so you will have a clean burning engine once ran. CARB does not typically approve a larger injector drop-ins, as they cause a bit more initial start-up emissions.

Chris' car currently runs without a cat, so his car is not legal. His car is not apart of our CARB testing.

-OJR

Old 04-19-2008, 06:01 PM
can't wait to see the AT dyno results.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
bump to be kept in the loop.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
im looking into the 10psi kit now. i had the money to order the 5psi kit, but in the end i will be looking for more power, so i decided to wait for the 10psi kit.

can you give us a dyno on your 10psi kit? itll give us more of a reality check, and gives us basically on an idea on what our fit is capable of.

i really just want to shoot for 180whp. thats my goal for the stock motor, i know its possible....but with stock internals i do not know.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
im looking into the 10psi kit now. i had the money to order the 5psi kit, but in the end i will be looking for more power, so i decided to wait for the 10psi kit.

can you give us a dyno on your 10psi kit? itll give us more of a reality check, and gives us basically on an idea on what our fit is capable of.

i really just want to shoot for 180whp. thats my goal for the stock motor, i know its possible....but with stock internals i do not know.
yeah thats what i wanna know too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1