3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

J'S RACING GK5 6MT hyper ECU - Reflash

Old 11-19-2014, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
J'S RACING GK5 6MT hyper ECU - Reflash Dyno

Coming to be released in Japan in 3 more days.

J'S RACING GK5 6MT hyper ECU

Dyno Chart -->

@6600rpm
Before: 120ps (118whp)
After: 130ps (129whp)
+11whp

@2000rpm
Before: 10ps (10whp) or 26ft-lbs of torque
After: 32ps (32whp) or 84ft-lbs of torque
+22whp and +58ft-lbs of torque {{WOW}}

Here's some bad translation on my part -->
FIT3 (GK type) 6MT cars HYPER ECU is finally launched!

2014 Super Endurance Series race of the battleground (BRP ☆ J'S RACING FIT3) at to begin release exposes all the setup data you have won the annual series champion.

(Important Notice of sale time)

★ 2014 年 11 月 22 ~ December 28, 2014

The rest of the year will be sold only over-the-counter of J'S RACING Factry.

Please come If you would like to purchase until J'S RACING Factry.

Separately ※ ECU rewrite labor ¥ 5000 (tax not included)

★ 2015 年 1 月 5 日 ~ dynasty

J'S RACING Factry of over-the-counter, nationwide ECU Fair, to start domestic and international distributors, general shop, a general communication sales.

Use a few cars of street demo car and super endurance racing car, it is a confidence that was repeated by setting basic data produced and super endurance race and street real running by DYNAPACK. Power up & torque up at all rpm range, you can be assured a high response.

Fuel economy improvement of at power-up and street running of sports driving and I was both. It is immediately experience possible sport ECU! Across the entire region, fuel MAP, knock Sensi Stability MAP (ignition), variable valve timing MAP, retard MAP, we have revised the entire area by the release of the torque limiter.

Pull out the original and thereby have power & torque of auxiliary equipment such as engine body and breathing.

Because it is a reflash tune to change the only program of internal ECU, also corresponds to the immobilizer, can be rewritten work in a short period of time.

Sport muffler, catalytic-less, big throttle, Tsuchinoko chamber mounted, lightweight flywheel exchange compression ratio up from light tuning, such as, high cam shaft replacement, exhaust amount up, and also widely in high tuning vehicles such as 4 throttle mounted (power Sulo exclusion) correspondence ...

Please tell us when you order also to the specification of the following requests.

(Can be changed at customer's request item free ※ 4)

○ REV rotational speed limit ... change freely

○ LAUNCH rotational speed limit ... change freely (used for pit limiter ※ separately wiring required))

○ FAN temperature set temperature more comfortable · Bian

○ traction control SW ··· Cancellation

○ idling stop SW ··· Cancellation ○ purge control SW ··· Cancellation

The catalyst less possible at ○ LAF sensor SW ··· Cancel

EGR SW ··· Cancellation

Can be changed by changing possibility ○ misfire counter SW ··· cancellation to-wire slot in lightweight flywheel at ○ electric throttle SW ··· Cancel

○ immobilizer ... Cancellation

[Basic Specifications] L15B 1,500cc compression STD cam shaft STD)

● REV rotational speed limit rotation speed --------------- 7200rpm (※ 1)

● VTC rotation speed --------------- Tuned optimization

● fuel MAP ----------------- Tuned optimization

● knock Sensi Stability MAP (ignition) ----- Tuned optimization

● electronic control throttle MAP ----- Tuned optimization

● electric fan operating temperature change ------ 80 ℃ (※ 2)

● immobilizer ---------------- corresponding

● Speed ​​limiter ----------- release

● LAUNCH rotational speed limit -------- 4400rpm (※ 3)

(※ 1) REV rotation speed but can be freely set, please specify the specification of the engine top of understanding.

(※ 2) Recommended electric fan operating temperature fan on-80 ℃ (genuine 93 ℃) / fan off-75 ℃ (genuine 90 ℃) Also, fan operating temperature is I can be arbitrarily set. In those who use in cold climates, etc., please feel free to contact us if you have any special hope.

(※ 3) revving REV rotation speed (LAUNCH rotational speed) is can be freely set. Please use in such as 60km / h limit in the pit lane. You will need a separate installation of wiring and switch.

(※ 4) With regard to post-specification changes, I will be charged separately \ 50,000 (tax not included).

Also I heard the current car alignment Settings by DYNAPACK and real running. Please feel free to contact us.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 11-23-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
it probably is only for JDM ECU

Old 11-20-2014, 03:32 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Unfortunately the past two generations of fits in the US of A got shafted with this ecu since the JDM version isn't interchangeable.

However I is nice to see a company is finally starting to take advantage of tuning the direct injection.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
Unfortunately the past two generations of fits in the US of A got shafted with this ecu since the JDM version isn't interchangeable.

However I is nice to see a company is finally starting to take advantage of tuning the direct injection.
Thanks Kyler! On the positive side, it seems there have been a few things on the JDM Fits and USDM Fits that are plug-n-play. If the plugs are the same, the engine and the ECU relatively the same, perhaps simply unplugging the stock ECU and plugging in a reflashed JDM ecu is an option. I'm game! I responded to your PM. Let me know either way, I'm game to test. Thanks Kyler!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
That idea sounds simple enough but I know with the gd3 there were some problems when someone tried to use a jazz ecu back in the day. IIRC the ecu needs to have the matching gauge cluster and key for it disable the immobilizer. I am just waiting on a phone call for some answers.
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Thanks Kyler! On the positive side, it seems there have been a few things on the JDM Fits and USDM Fits that are plug-n-play. If the plugs are the same, the engine and the ECU relatively the same, perhaps simply unplugging the stock ECU and plugging in a reflashed JDM ecu is an option. I'm game! I responded to your PM. Let me know either way, I'm game to test. Thanks Kyler!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
I don't quite see what the gauge cluster's role in this situation other than telling what the engine is actually doing but there iS a way to bypass the immoblizer and get the car to start while using its factory PCM.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:21 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I just remember Chatting with Jpax and hasport's Brian about needing the gauge cluster when using the stock ecu. This is back when they just did the first k swap fit (jpax) so perhaps there is a way around that now that I'm unaware of.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
I see, I didn't have any knowledge of this at all.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Updated with J's Racing Dyno results!

I'm already trying to get my hands on this unit. Need one for the USDM CVT NOW. Come on J's....work with us. :-)
I've already emailed them days ago. J's Racing USA is working with J's Japan to see what they can do for us. You manual guys maybe the first lucky ones to test. We can hope right?

In other words, I'm cool with sending them an ECU to reflash. Don't see why they couldn't with a little work. Either through J's Racing USA or someone else.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 11-23-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Update!

After trying to contact J's Racing Japan through several different methods, here was their response to a question I asked them on their Facebook page.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for contact.
unfortunately we have only JDM 6MT ECU.
USDM CVT GK5 ECU is completely different from JDM one.

Now we don't have any plan to make USDM one.

Please understand the situation.

Thank you very much.

It's not the end of the world but that was their response to me. And no, I don't 'understand the situation'. Haha! It is what it is though.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
The Situation is Japan Hates American and Vise Versa

Old 11-29-2014, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
After trying to contact J's Racing Japan through several different methods, here was their response to a question I asked them on their Facebook page.

It's not the end of the world but that was their response to me. And no, I don't 'understand the situation'. Haha! It is what it is though.

Old 11-29-2014, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The situation is that there is zero market for an ECU reflash for a CVT economy car.
Perhaps someone would pay for a reflash to get better fuel economy. They even mention better economy with the reflash on their website.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
The time it'd take to recoup those costs pretty well eliminate all but the least financially responsible fuel savers.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The situation is that there is zero market for an ECU reflash for a CVT economy car.
I'm starting to think you are right Mike. Not just about an ECU reflash but any modification in general. I've been looking on other Fit sites as well and am seeing the same things.

I'm going to start trying to be active in foreign Honda Fit/Jazz forums as far as modifications go and get what I can from there. The market for modifications may be much livelier in Japan, China, etc.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Myxalplyx , you would LOVE the Fit scene in Thailand!!!

Old 04-23-2016, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alfie
Myxalplyx , you would LOVE the Fit scene in Thailand!!!
I believe you. Thanks! I need to find a forum to join with those guys.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:43 PM
They do VOLK or RAYS wheels, Endless BBkits, race seats, gauges, suspension, Next Miracle X bars, shifters, carbon fibre hoods and fenders, final gear fixes, turbos- hell even full K20 swaps withought even thinking about it!
In Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore, if you buy a Jazz, you gotta tune- it's that simple!