3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

DeltaCams

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
Have you logged any different air readings from the maf after installing the cam?

Yes! Testing times were way far apart though.

Before cam installation, back on 4/8/15 (IAT 50F)
Maf g/s was averaging 108g/s at 6500rpm
From three different runs

After cam installation, 11/6/15 (IAT 76F)
Maf g/s was averaging 101g/s at 6500rpm
From two different runs

This is with no other changes other than the cams.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Possibly Selling

I may be considering selling these cams. It looks like Ktuner (Or any tuner for that matter) won't be able to take advantage of the cams powerband being post 6500rpm because I have a CVT. The CVT programming will have to be changed to take advantage of the extra breathing capability post 6500rpm.

Those of you with a manual tranny will not have this issue. I may have to settle (I hate that word) on the stock 6500rpm and modify my top end around this.

I will update if I have the stock cams put back in. From looking on other forums that have a CVT transmission, none of them had their peak power rpm changed to a new point. Can't find any of them with cams either so.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
I want them

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I may be considering selling these cams. It looks like Ktuner (Or any tuner for that matter) won't be able to take advantage of the cams powerband being post 6500rpm because I have a CVT. The CVT programming will have to be changed to take advantage of the extra breathing capability post 6500rpm.

Those of you with a manual tranny will not have this issue. I may have to settle (I hate that word) on the stock 6500rpm and modify my top end around this.

I will update if I have the stock cams put back in. From looking on other forums that have a CVT transmission, none of them had their peak power rpm changed to a new point. Can't find any of them with cams either so.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kurse
I want them
I'm waiting to hear some news from Ktuner and Turobgixxer this weekend (or at least soon). Depending on what info I get, I may be getting them removed. Will keep you updated.

No sense keeping them if I can't take advantage of them. I'm trying to help pave a way to a new way of doing things (cams/cvt). Thanks!

Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Cant you dial the cam timing back so it peaks at the CVT limit? Should still give you more power at the bottom end..

Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Cant you dial the cam timing back so it peaks at the CVT limit? Should still give you more power at the bottom end..
I have no idea I'm a simple intake/exhaust/pulley kinda guy. Cams, cam gears, intake manifolds, etc are new to me.

I'll look up how to dial back cam timing now and try to learn more about what you are referring too. Perhaps the shop that installed them (First State Motorsports) can assist me with this procedure. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Cool!
Pm me when you'll know

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I'm waiting to hear some news from Ktuner and Turobgixxer this weekend (or at least soon). Depending on what info I get, I may be getting them removed. Will keep you updated.

No sense keeping them if I can't take advantage of them. I'm trying to help pave a way to a new way of doing things (cams/cvt). Thanks!