3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

J's Racing Ram Air Front Grille

Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
J's Racing Ram Air Front Grille

This is one of my absolutely gotta have products to help with the air intake. I just can't see how it will not help with increasing air flow (and maybe gas mileage). NEED to have this ASAP.

Here's their website with 3 different versions ---> J's Racing Japan Ram Air Intake Front Grille
They call it an 'RS Sports Front Grille Type S' over there.

You will want to inquire through J's Racing USA. This is awesome! I'm sure if there is enough interest, J's Racing USA will stock up on some.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-02-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
highly doubt it myx

Old 03-02-2015, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
highly doubt it myx

? Why is that? J's Racing USA hasn't been supporting the previous year(s) Fits? You gotta remember I'm fairly new here.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
if the US version is a different part/configuration from the JDM counterpart, they won't make one that would fit the US version. you may get lucky though, it appears that USDM GK and JDM GK is very similar to each other. more so than the GE. this "might" fit. Spoon said the JDM bumper fit the USDM GK with little to no modifications. So the GK front end is pretty much the same minus the crash bar...

Old 03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
**Update 3-27-15**

The J's Racing Ram Air Grille came in today.

Here's a pic of the rear-side of it. It's not the best looking setup but it'll work for me.

Here's a picture of my current setup.

So, I mated it up and it looks like it will fit. Note how much extra airflow it allows to come in through the radiator and engine compartment.

For the life of me, I can not figure out how to remove the stock black piece. The top part seems easy but the part that 'connects' to the yellow bumper is a pain. I can not see how it is connected but I haven't been able to pull it apart. I don't want to break or snap it.

Any suggestions on how to remove the stock black part would be GREATLY appreciated. Will try again later tonight and tomorrow.

Hondapartsnetwork is only showing three pieces holding it on. I removed those already.
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assembl...t-Grille-KA-KC

Using this Video for reference -->

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-27-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
probably best to drop the bumper too. on the ge8, there are metal tabs connecting the grill to the bumper, and its easiest to access by dropping the bumper.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Looks good, personally I would try to get the grille mesh painted black or go with a black painted aluminum grille from these guys and cut it out yourself

Diamond Grill Mesh Sheets - customcargrills.com

Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for both of your ideas. You maybe right about the bumper. I may work on that later tonight or tomorrow. I was taking out multipled push button clips to remove the bottom bumper but it looks more involved than that.

I got to hit the track now in my RAV4 though. The weather is ok for once.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Got home from the track and found some black Rustoleum in the garage. So I just sprayed it down. Not to bad! Didn't get this for car shows though.
Thanks again for the suggestion!

Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
i love this grille. what's the difference between the 3 versions? and how much did it cost you?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
i love this grille. what's the difference between the 3 versions? and how much did it cost you?
I have no idea what's the difference. The more expensive ones mention something about 'color'. Perhaps they painted the metal part black.

The grille was around $240 or so (If I did the conversion right)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-29-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:02 PM
jhn
That grille only cost $100? How much to ship?

Use the sport grill instructions. You have to drop the bumper.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/images/...e_AII51170.pdf

Last edited by jhn; 03-27-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Got home from the track and found some black Rustoleum in the garage. So I just sprayed it down. Not to bad! Didn't get this for car shows though.
Thanks again for the suggestion!

Much better

Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
J's grills are sweet.

The quality sucks though haha.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:23 PM
Yeah Myxal tell us more about your ordering process! The grille is fricking sweet and I'm looking forward to seeing it installed.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Don't run out and buy these yet. Looks like there may be some fitment issues (As you should expect). The insides of the grilles are not the same. The Japan one doesn't have the same clippings (or any clippings) to attach to the bumper. I only had enough time to remove the front bumper (using pointers from the video link I posted above) and taking a picture or two before leaving my house to take care of business.

Here is a picture of the back of the J's Racing vs stock grille.

The J's racing grille has 2 points to attach the top portion, one on the left side and another on the right side for a total of four points to connect.

The stock grill has 11 on the bottom to connect and 3 on the top. I may have to ghetto rig this to make it work. I'll look more into it tomorrow after work. I'm beat!

**Update** Couldn't sleep yet. Needed to know if I could get it fitted on. Some preliminary spy photos.
Installed the ram air piece

Placed hose to PRM air filter in place to see how it'd suck up the air.

Then put the J's racing grille on that did not seem like it would fit at all.

Hrrmm...not perfect but I'll take it. Need to put the bumper on tomorrow and see how all of this is gonna come together. NOW I'm beat!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-28-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
damn bro $100 for shipping? not even overweight or oversized.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Ok guys (and girls)......here's the bad news and the worse news.

Bad news: It is not a straight bolt-on. I may have mentioned it earlier but the stock piece has upwards to 13-14 different places you can secure it with. Tabs, screw-ons...etc. It's very secure! Not this piece. There are only two pieces that will hold it in place. RISKY!

Worse: It doesn't slide into place like the stock piece. There are gaps on the bottom left and right of it. Also, there a metal attachment on the inside of it, on both sides that doesn't attach to anything on our Fits. It'll just scratch the lights badly if you are careful.

Worser-est-est: If you are for that car show look, stay away from this piece. There are gaps and spaces in it that may make some people cringe.

The pictures I took doesn't show you the extinct of the bad fitment. NOT RECOMMENDED!!
I'll figure out a way to get the piece by the lights to be more secure and in line with the lights.

^^^These aren't the reason why I purchased this piece though. I want ram-air damn it. And THIS piece delivers. Let's see how it does at the track. I'm still waiting on one little piece to make a small change in diameter of my PRM intake in the middle section. Then, it's complete.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-29-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
U just have to get a jdm bumper.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
That looks awful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J's Racing Ram Air Front Grille