3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Ktuner ECU tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:56 PM
As indicated on our downloads page it's currently Windows only.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
I've been running KTuner's base tune for the past week and can confidently say it's the best modification I've made to date. Everything wrong with the way the factory 6MT feels has been improved and, even without dyno numbers, the performance difference is tangible. Very happy I made the investment. Thank you KTuner, my car finally feels alive.

One question tho; the base tune doesn't specify 91 octane requirement, so will 87 or 89 do the trick?

Old 02-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Thank you for the feedback. You can run 87 or 89 and the ECU will compensate by pulling timing. The overall effects of better responsiveness, power, etc, will still be above factory with the same octane fuel.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KTuner
Thank you for the feedback. You can run 87 or 89 and the ECU will compensate by pulling timing. The overall effects of better responsiveness, power, etc, will still be above factory with the same octane fuel.
Three questions..

If you have 93 octane in your area, does the tune also compensate for that and give you an increase in performance?

Am I correct in assuming your $449 software and hardware package includes everything the all in one $649 package has (including all options and functionality) except you need your own windows laptop instead of the handy touchscreen device? And probably no handy Bluetooth for Android usage I assume?

Finally, probably a stupid question, but I also assume the program saves your original ECU settings or otherwise has the ability to reflash to stock?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:21 PM
The ECU is constantly adjusting knock control and will take advantage of higher octane fuels.

The features are outlined on the product page. KTunerFlash allows logging and flashing with a laptop. KTunerFlash V2 requires a laptop to load tunes to it, but you don't need the laptop present to flash those tunes in, flash back to factory, or to record datalogs. It has a real-time display, programmable warnings/shift lights, and the bluetooth addition as well.

The factory software for every supported platform is built into the software. You can flash back to stock any time.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
The ECU is constantly adjusting knock control and will take advantage of higher octane fuels.

The features are outlined on the product page. KTunerFlash allows logging and flashing with a laptop. KTunerFlash V2 requires a laptop to load tunes to it, but you don't need the laptop present to flash those tunes in, flash back to factory, or to record datalogs. It has a real-time display, programmable warnings/shift lights, and the bluetooth addition as well.

The factory software for every supported platform is built into the software. You can flash back to stock any time.
Ah I see. So with the touchscreen unit you can basically use it real-time as the car is in motion, with functionality like the warning/shift lights with the built in LEDs, or with the android app to function as extra gauges or in conjunction with taking video from my phone. Obviously can't do that with a laptop.

It's good to know I can flash back to stock at any time too with the touchscreen. And the 93 octane adaptation is great.

Two more quick questions. If I buy either unit and you guys put out a new map / flash / software or whatever you want to call it, I can always update, right?

And finally I noticed an old post which mentioned that the tune can fix the over-long rev hanging on previous generation 6MT Fits by allowing users to chance the overrun throttle compensation and fuel cut delay for each gear. Is this incorporated (or do you plan on incorporating it) into the tune for this gen?

It's safe to say you have a customer... just have to think a bit on whether I want to spring for the touchscreen for the real-time stuff, or if I want to stay with the basic laptop-bound product.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 AM
For sure.

Yes, definitely. You can flash back to stock with the V1 too, just requires the laptop.

Updates are always free.

You can use the fuel cut delay to help, but we have not located the full scale rev hang settings on this ECU yet. It uses very different logic. When we find it the settings will be exposed.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
For sure.

Yes, definitely. You can flash back to stock with the V1 too, just requires the laptop.

Updates are always free.

You can use the fuel cut delay to help, but we have not located the full scale rev hang settings on this ECU yet. It uses very different logic. When we find it the settings will be exposed.

Nice!

I just picked one up from my local dealer.

Everything is working fine. Logging works, can see my (lack of) error codes. Can clear codes if I want. Can reset to factory.

This might be a silly question, but the status bar at the bottom says "Not Live" and my "download tune" option is grayed out. How do I go live and download a tune?

EDIT - NEVERMIND. I'm dumb. I just followed the rest of the video. Was confused because of the "factory vehicle" in the tune name, but I get it.. it's a tune for a factory vehicle, NOT the factory ECU reset like I thought.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 03-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:27 PM
You don't.

Support can be reached by email, by the way. This isn't appropriate for support.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
You don't.

Support can be reached by email, by the way. This isn't appropriate for support.

My apologies. I did figure out what I had to figure out.

I thought that by posting my questions publicly on the Fit forum maybe any future customers might find answers here instead of asking redundant questions, or maybe another ktuner user would have also chimed in with their thoughts. At least that was my experience with previous cars / other forums where the tuner would often chime in on discussions.

However, I see how asking questions about included features as I did before is indeed a separate issue than asking support-related questions. My bad.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Makes sense if you're asking for other user feedback, but since you were talking to me and we're not official sponsors we shouldn't really be having the conversation here.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Makes sense if you're asking for other user feedback, but since you were talking to me and we're not official sponsors we shouldn't really be having the conversation here.
Got it! Didn't even think about the sponsorship issue. I certainly don't want to get you guys in trouble on here or anything like that. Any future questions will go through support.

Old 06-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Finally got Ktuner up and running on my 2017 EX 6MT!

Hands down one of the best additions you can make to this platform. The acceleration and power is MUCH smoother and more readily available with much improved throttle response.

No more power drop at 4500 RPM, it just keeps pulling more until you let off the accelerator.

Thanks KTuner for an excellent product and countless hours of mostly thankless R&D and experimentation to make our Fits more fun!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:23 AM
No problem!

Old 06-25-2018, 06:57 AM
So it works with 2017 and 2018 models? I stumbled on the Ktuner page last week and saw 2015 and 2016 was supported.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:22 AM
17 MT has been added and will be released to the public shortly. 18 may be different.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Newbie here!! Hope to keep getting all the super useful info on the beloved fit's.... more specifically yhe GK5 since is the one i own... i just got my K_Tuner V2 unit and will soon start playing with it!! Rest assured I'll keep you all informed on the progress...

Mods as of june 29, 2018
-Acuity shifter bushings and pedal repositioning bracket
-BuddyClub's CRZ, modified for the GK5, short shifter
-Tanabe Medallion axle back exhaust
K_Tuner V2 (pending install &#129322

Last edited by elkaku; 06-29-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Is tune 1 using 93 oct?

"Included with this package is Tune 1. Tuned at 1100 feet, stock vehicle. This package also allows you to get e-tuned by a trained dealer."

2015-2016 Fit ? KTuner, LLC

Old 07-02-2018, 06:16 PM
91. Better results may be seen with 93.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
sweet, thanks for the prompt reply!

Quick Reply: Ktuner ECU tuning!