3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Bisimoto Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Bisimoto Cold Air Intake

In the video posted below, Bisimoto has a cold air intake. Has anyone tried this, tested this? It's an older video posted for when they dyno'd the Bisimoto exhaust. I haven't seen any threads posting or asking questions about the intake.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:19 AM
I really want this set up for my new ride. That exhaust is nice. I like the low grumble without being a typical fart can exhaust. The 10 hp increase with the exhaust and CAI is not too bad either.

Last edited by BeauDiddley; 11-16-2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BeauDiddley
I really want this set up for my new ride. That exhaust is nice. I like the low grumble with being a typical fart can exhaust. The 10 hp increase with the exhaust and CAI is not too bad either.
Even more interesting is that the power wasn't dropping off at 6500rpm either.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:11 PM
jhn
I've had mine for quite a while now and I like it, but I wouldn't want to do any long distance driving with it. At least without ear plugs. It resonates like mad. It sounds great though. No metallic, raspy fart ripping.

It would be better if it utilized both insulator mounts. It swings side to side slightly and really hard right turns it will rattle on the heat shield. It won't work with a receiver hitch without modification.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
I've had mine for quite a while now and I like it, but I wouldn't want to do any long distance driving with it. At least without ear plugs. It resonates like mad. It sounds great though. No metallic, raspy fart ripping.

It would be better if it utilized both insulator mounts. It swings side to side slightly and really hard right turns it will rattle on the heat shield. It won't work with a receiver hitch without modification.
Does it require removing one of the insulator mounts or just doesn't have that particular hook? I bet it wouldn't be hard to get a decent muffler shop to weld on an extra hook in the right place.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:30 PM
jhn
I've thought about welding another rod to mount it to the second OE mount.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by jhn

What keeps it from working with the receiver hitch?

Old 12-13-2015, 09:42 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by benzonaruckus
What keeps it from working with the receiver hitch?

It points forward (instead of backward like OE) and hits it.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn

when i do hard cornering with it, it doesn't rattle with the heat shield. I noticed that when i installed it with only one bolt, it will do that. You have to tighten both bolts to keep it from rattling around. Also you have to get the hanger on the rubber mount in the exact position so it won't swing. Mine looks like it's been stretched and it is staying on just fine after 3 months with the Bisimoto. I agree it sounds so awesome... almost Racecar. My friends in the CRX's sound louder but it does the job. I can actually hear the car now.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:08 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by JN2k108
when i do hard cornering with it, it doesn't rattle with the heat shield. I noticed that when i installed it with only one bolt, it will do that. You have to tighten both bolts to keep it from rattling around. Also you have to get the hanger on the rubber mount in the exact position so it won't swing. Mine looks like it's been stretched and it is staying on just fine after 3 months with the Bisimoto. I agree it sounds so awesome... almost Racecar. My friends in the CRX's sound louder but it does the job. I can actually hear the car now.
I had to mod the hanger into an S shape and use a longer insulator because of receiver hitch interference. Both screws are used and tight.

Last edited by jhn; 12-24-2015 at 12:17 PM.