3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Turbocharge with 2016 Civic Turbo Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Turbocharge with 2016 Civic Turbo Parts

Well guys, I am currently looking to mix and match any and all parts that are like and not alike at HondaPartsNetwork.

Looks like the 2016 Honda Civic turbo parts are posted.
Honda Civic Turbo

So have at it and have yourself a good time. Post any of your thoughts, suggestions etc here if you can.

As I said before....don't let me have all the fun alone.
Cheers!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, do you realize the intake and exhaust are on opposite sides of the engine?
Exhaust and turbo are all out front, intake is on the back...opposite from the regular Fit engine. Gonna need a lot of work, you probably expected that though.

I'd consider a totaled out turbo 1.5 Civic.....
Stuff the entire drivetrain into a Fit...LOL
Fit SI!

Old 11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
I love when new responses appear while I read. That guy^^^^is correct the layout of the manifolds is different on the fit than it is on the civic.

I am a dealer tech and have driven both 2016 fits and 2.0 and 1.5T civics in the past week. Yes the fit really really needs to have a 1.5T available on it. Last time our factory rep was through I asked why it isn't in production or at least a sema car. With every part already in the parts network they could have a production Fit "SI" ready to market easily. It could be made with all off the shelf parts and would be a outright bargain with a 23K price tag. The car would likely approach 13 second 1/4 mile times showroom stock.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
As soon as I saw the Civic turbo parts on the sight, I posted. Didn't come to realize anything. Still looking through and writing down what parts are different, similar or the same. Good observation on the manifold differences btw. I could never seem to get any good engine pics for this Civic over the past few months.

This stuff isn't discouraging though. Anything is possible with some creativity. And I agree with you on the 1/4 mile times as well. Kinda what I'm aiming for...in a far off galaxy kind of way.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I could never seem to get any good engine pics for this Civic over the past few months.
The engine compartment is busy.

This engine stands up nearly straight vertical, where the regular Fit engine leans back at an angle

This pic may be huge if you click on it

Old 11-16-2015, 03:16 PM
I think that it can be done, but I would just start with a complete powertrain out of a wrecked car. That way you get all the wiring,sensors, pcm. If you get a chance to drive the civic with the 1.5t you will likely be impressed by just how much more powerful it is. And it pulls harder across the whole powerband.

If I had to compare a fit Si against a classic well respected honda it would be the intregra gsr. They would be approximately the same weight with the same peak HP, but the 1.5T has more torque across a much larger portion of the powerband and that is on regular fuel. The old b18 was a very peaky engine with a sky high redline and no torque.

before anyone attempts to correct me on the hp difference between b18 and current models, they revised the standard in 2006. All models lost hp when they changed the standard. So a car that made 145 in 2005 might have only made 137 in 2006 with no changes.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Would any of these part fit a GE8??

Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Thank you for the pic. Does this thing even have an intercooler?
Sure does, right where it should be

Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
Sure does, right where it should be

Ah yes....thanks!

Link is here for intercooler and intercooler piping. Not sure how I missed it before.

Civic Turbo Intercooler and Piping

Notice it says the intercooler is only $78.00. Haha! I need to start getting parts together asap. Gonna talk to my shop guy tomorrow and toss around some ideas. He's already excited about it from our email exchange today.

Got a pic from Honda website.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 11-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mcnoople
Yes the fit really really needs to have a 1.5T available on it. Last time our factory rep was through I asked why it isn't in production or at least a sema car. With every part already in the parts network they could have a production Fit "SI" ready to market easily.
You can thank US regulations for the absence of a Fit SI (to date, anyway). It costs a ton to certify every drivetrain combination… Honda won't do it unless they can demonstrate a payback, and my guess is that the demographic that would go for a Fit SI is pretty small (and probably over-represented on this board!).

es

Old 11-16-2015, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
disagree

Or already got a fiesta ST because they gave up on Honda.....

there is certainly a market....While I dont like the Veloster and dont trust the reliability of the Fiesta ST, I give tons of credit and respect to Hyundai and Ford for having the fortitude to take big risks....

Everyone thought the FiST would cannibalize FoST sales, and while it has happened to a small degree, it resulted in more enthusiasts coming on board from GTI's and STI's, and even Si's.....

Let's wait and see for the 2016 Si and Type-R.....

Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Just putting in my $.02, but the Civic Turbo is only for the CVT models. So if you want a true Si experience, that rules out the drivetrain swap from a totaled one. Definitely interested in someone figuring out a workaround to get a turbo in!

Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Comparing manifold orientation doesn't matter since everything will be custom anyway. All that matters is if (a) the turbo manifold bolts up (b) the oem manifold with turbo fits in the stock location. All piping will be custom. Looks like the stock EX-T manifold and turbo is a bottom mount setup, so it will be easier to squish everything in.

I went through the root folder to your above link, but couldn't find a part # for the exhaust manifold itself:
2016 Civic Sedan EX (Turbo) Continuously Variable Transmission Honda Parts Diagram List

Old 11-16-2015, 10:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikeGe82012
Would any of these part fit a GE8??
My question exactly. I remember reading that the new Civics would have a 1.5T and I instantly thought about a Fit Turbo. I guess Fit minds think alike. I hope these parts are indeed compatible with GE8 so I can dream about the potential of a turbo

Old 11-16-2015, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
I went through the root folder to your above link, but couldn't find a part # for the exhaust manifold itself:
2016 Civic Sedan EX (Turbo) Continuously Variable Transmission Honda Parts Diagram List

Exhaust manifold! You mean like a header/exhaust manifold would be on the older Fits? The exhaust manifold on the 2015 Fit and 2016 Civic is built into the cylinder head. On the 2015 Fit, the cat converter attaches to the cylinder head, that the exhaust manifold is built into. This Civic seems to have the turbo attached to the cylinder head's exhaust manifold, then the cat converter attached to the turbo, that runs to the exhaust pipe out to the mufflers. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are referencing. I'm horrible at this stuff.

I was checking to see if the turbo inlet gasket is the same as the 2015 cat converter inlet gasket. The look similar but the part numbers are different.
2015 Cat Convert inlet gasket - 18115-5R0-004

2016 Honda Fit Turbo Exhaust Inlet Gasket - 18233-59B-004

Old 11-17-2015, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry, yes, exhaust manifold, same thing.

Oops, my fault, I didnt realize the new Hondas use that layout. I'm not really familiar w/ that type of layout, i need to take a closer look at one in person.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by counterFIT
My question exactly. I remember reading that the new Civics would have a 1.5T and I instantly thought about a Fit Turbo. I guess Fit minds think alike. I hope these parts are indeed compatible with GE8 so I can dream about the potential of a turbo
Hopefully thses part are compatible. Including the piping for the intercooler

Old 11-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Subscribing to this thread for future project. Sorry I can't help in the engine domain, I am a suspension guy! ^_^

Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by esnave09
Just putting in my $.02, but the Civic Turbo is only for the CVT models. So if you want a true Si experience, that rules out the drivetrain swap from a totaled one. Definitely interested in someone figuring out a workaround to get a turbo in!
I retract my previous statement. Just read here that a manual is "in the works" for the turbo, but only for the Civic coupe I'm assuming. So maybe in a couple years you can do a straight-up swap.

BTW, the coupe looks pretty good. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
2016 Honda Civic Coupe: This Is It

Old 11-17-2015, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
I'd consider a totaled out turbo 1.5 Civic.....
Stuff the entire drivetrain into a Fit...LOL
Fit SI!
Actually, that seems like a helluva idea in and of itself. Hrrmmm!

Quick Reply: Turbocharge with 2016 Civic Turbo Parts