3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Spoon sport intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Spoon sport intake manifold

Is there any performance gains to this? I called spoon sport USA and they said yes it's the Crz intake manifold. In that case the 14 crz manifold list 225, has anyone done research on the intake manifold? Here is a link to the manifold http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Cod e=SPN-17110-GK5-R00&Category_Code=SPOON-MANI

Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
No gain! It is just your stock intake manifold painted either red or yellow.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
No gain! It is just your stock intake manifold painted either red or yellow.
Wow that's an expensive paint job...

Old 12-01-2016, 10:42 AM
That really is an expensive can of paint, I am really disappointed with the lack of performance parts on the 15 fit. I have added the HPS Cold Air intake, which to me is the only cold air intake for the fit so far, it make a little difference. The biggest difference is hearing vtec around 5200. I ordered the Ktuner flash kit, and looking to add exhaust. I looked into the non stop tuning pulley but heard such bad reviews of the company. I am hoping some of the known honda companies start making parts.

Old 12-01-2016, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by action213
I am hoping some of the known honda companies start making parts.

?? What else are you looking for besides what you have looked at (Intake, exhaust, pulley and Ktuner)?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:05 PM
full exhaust would be nice, not just axle back... spoon makes the mid pipe but its a lot. I would like skunk 2 to make cams, aem to make cam gears. I know there is no point in a header since its part of the cat.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by action213
full exhaust would be nice, not just axle back... spoon makes the mid pipe but its a lot. I would like skunk 2 to make cams, aem to make cam gears. I know there is no point in a header since its part of the cat.
**If you truly are serious about this**

If you want a full exhaust, you can order a full J's Racing Exhaust from Japan. Go to J's Racing Japan site and see what they have available..
J's Racing Japan Use a translator option of your chrome/internet explorer if you don't know japanese. I've have posted details about each exhaust modification in the forum. You can contact RV-6 for an aftermarket cat pipe if you don't want to go with J's Racing. Pick a J's Racing 'B' pipe and any muffler (Ex: Tanabe) that's available for your vehicle.

That's what I originally did and all the parts (Cat delete, 'B' Pipe and Muffler) bolted up without issue. You can order your parts through Jesse Streeter (who I've used many times to order from Japan).

I had Delta cams make me a custom grind from my stock cams. For $100, I've had the cams installed without any issues. Although I can't say if I got gains or not because Honda modified the way my CVT ECU operated. The CVT's ECU was updated by the dealership during the same the cams were installed.

I was testing changing cam angle with Ktuner and was working with Speed Factory but that kinda trailed off since tuning of the GK5's ECU was so new and a different way of tuning (Tuning the direct injected engine is totally different). I have no idea were that stands now.

So there are options you can follow up on to make this happen. I said, "If you are truly serious" because most people will not go any further then this if the part isn't just a click-n-buy part and just call it a day. Good luck!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-23-2017 at 10:21 AM.