3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Roof Rack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by JeanD01247
Thank you! At AutoAnything the clipkit is included in the "package", I made sure after reading your remarks. I was worried that the fairing vibrates on the roof, have you found that it does?

I've had no issues with the fairing vibrating. I imagine if you get the wrong size it may vibrate, but if you get the 40" it should do just fine.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Resurrecting an old thread, but I was wanting to see if anyone had experience with buying this rack from this site: Inno Honda Fit 2015 Complete XS200 Black Flush Aero Bar Car Roof Rack - Rackwarehouse.com

It was posted earlier in the thread, but the rack was taken off of Auto Anything. Not only that, Inno doesn't even have the 2015 model year available for the Fit. You have to Google specifically for the 2015 to find the base rack, and that's not even the Aero rack that I want to get.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Anyone have a picture of the inno rack on their car with a full picture of the car and not just the roof? I want to see how it looks.

Also seems like inno prices have gone up since the older posts. They are more like $459-$500 now

Also im a but concerned when Yakima says the roof is made of materials too thin to clamp a rack on? Is this bad as far as when you have a roll over accident. Kind of scary for me esp since this is my first car (cycling for transportation for years).

Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Just ordered the Inno Aero's and snowboard attachments from Auto Anything. I chatted with a rep online and he hooked me up with 20% off. Very pleased so far. Hoping these racks are awesome. They should arrive next week.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 PM
I am thinking of getting a hood deflector but now that I have see your kayak tie down I realized it may not be a good idea. It look like the tie down will rest on top of the deflector and may break it. Thoughts?

Old 03-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I am interested in how you roof has stood up to load bearing using the XS200. Our local Inno dealer was very skeptical about putting any load on the rood because the metal is so thin. How much weight have you had on the rack and is there any sign of denting around the rack mounting areas?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:10 AM
I received my Inno yesterday and mounted it up. Seems like a sturdy setup, but haven't hauled anything with it. The heaviest item I'll be hauling up there is an 11'6", ~70 lb. Hobie Kona 2 person sit-on-top kayak.

There's a little wind noise, but that's to be expected. My 18 mile drive to work usually gets around 46mpg. With the rack I was at 44mpg. I did a longer 3 hour drive this past weekend without the racks which got about 40mpg @ 70-75mph. I'll be driving about 4 hours to D.C. this weekend, so I'll have a good test to see how mpg's suffer with the rack on.

Snapped some quick photos when I got to the office this morning (see below). The racks are currently at the suggested mounting distances. I may nudge the rear rack further to the rear, especially for when the kayak's up there.

Please excuse the dirty Fit. Snow + rain = blah.

Name:  D6024FAE-E223-467A-8D65-37323971EC60_zpsgmbhzsxp.jpg
Views: 5240
Size:  282.1 KB
Name:  27EC76AF-54A9-45CE-A438-F21F4957C252_zpsuw7ndzny.jpg
Views: 2433
Size:  288.7 KB

Last edited by Lublin; 03-11-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Lublin, thanks for posting the pics and gas mileage. The snow may be dirty but the car and new racks look great. I will be interested to hear how the racks and roof do with your Hobie loaded.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lublin
There's a little wind noise, but that's to be expected.

FYI, if you need a short term solution and can't afford a wind deflector/ don't want to spend the money on one is to buy heavier rope (think hiking rope) and wrap it around the crossbar 3-4 times. It'll break up the wind and cut the noise WAY down. I did this on my old Subaru. IMO it was even quieter than my wind deflector.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM
For the mpg,
How do you guys know this? I just went by what the cars says on the dash on avg mpg and mine is getting 29.5:/

Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 AM
FYI, I have a complete set of Yakima Roof racks for sale in the classifieds.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Exclamation 2015 roof rack issues

Be aware that Yakima and Thule do not offer roof racks for the 2015 Fit, according to Yakima the 2015 fit has a thinner roof than previous years and they feel it is not safe to support a roof rack. Inno racks offers a roof top rack for the 2015 Fit, I spoke with their rep and he assures me that their rack is safe and works so long as you keep the loads under 100lbs. This problem is unique to the 2015, I think Honda should address this problem in their future models, seeing as the Fit is a great car for outdoor enthusiasts. I will be ordering an Inno rack for my kayak and my bike, I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by conoro
Be aware that Yakima and Thule do not offer roof racks for the 2015 Fit, according to Yakima the 2015 fit has a thinner roof than previous years and they feel it is not safe to support a roof rack.
The Fit roof rollover structure can support four times the weight of the car, so I doubt that a kayak will phase it.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
*uck Yakima. I spent 2 weeks showing them fools it can be done,and detailed pictures of how and they still wouldn't agree it could be done. Funny part is when I owned my 2009 they said the exact same thing about the thin roof,and again I showed them how. Last time a Yakima tech worked with me and you can rack a 2009-2013 Fit from my original set up of Yakima Q towers and clips,54" bars. Tech appreciated my efforts and gave me a new set of longer bars. Same set up is on my 2015 Fit ,no harm to the roof as they claim as long as you move Q towers closer to seam in the roof. Clips in rear have to be longer then 2009-2013 clips. Two other pictures on link below showing Q tower placement and clips.

Picture proof :2015 Honda Fit And Rapid Fire Canoe,racked And Ready Photo by canoerbill | Photobucket

PaFitter

Last edited by PaFitter; 04-11-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:55 AM
That canoe looks sweet! Nice set up

Old 04-11-2015, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks, RobertSmith. That canoe has seen Lake Jocassee near you several times. The punisher logo on the stern was my nickname given to me by paddlers there. Got into a 7 mile race with a paddling buddy's sea kayak,and my canoe. Although he won by a couple of boat lengths,he gave me the nickname the "Punisher" because he thought I would give up a mile into the race and punished him for 6 more miles. As I see it one bladed canoe paddle against a 2 bladed kayak paddle wasn't even fair. LOL

PaFitter

Old 04-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Oh, thats awesome. Love those falls around the area. Totally not fair against a 2 blade paddle. haha That nickname rocks and yes I noticed the sticker before you mentioned it. Big 90s Marvel geek here.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
First trip to Jocassee {2004} I had sea kayak and went behind and through Wright Creek falls. Last trip there {August 2011} lake was so low we walked up to falls. Canoe doesn't work well to go through the falls. LOL SC kayaking buddy now lives in Miami, Fl. so I haven't been farther south then MD last few years. Devils Fork campground was really nice and miss going to the area.

PaFitter

Old 04-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fox944
Honda Australia offers an OEM roof rack for the 2015 Fit. I have a buddy in Australia that purchased Australian spec Accord parts for my previous vehicle for me. If anyone is interested, I can see if I can get him to purchase several racks. maybe a group buy to reduce shipping?
I know this is a little old, but in looking at Honda.au, it looks like the optional roof rack is similar to the INNO Rack. Does anyone else think this, too? I think the set shown by Honda is just taller than the INNO INSU model racks.

Last edited by GotFitB13; 04-12-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:18 AM
dsl
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I know this is a little old, but in looking at Honda.au, it looks like the optional roof rack is similar to the INNO Rack. Does anyone else think this, too? I think the set shown by Honda is just taller than the INNO INSU model racks.
Yes, this is old, but timely for me as I was about to make an appointment (for early June) at RackAttack in Portland, for the installation (with drilling into the roof) of the Thule system. Now I see that the more traditional Inno Rack (with clips) is much less expensive (about half the cost). They say the load limit is 100lbs, which would be a bit marginal for even 2 kayaks (figuring in the wind resistance). Although with a stacker I have previously carried more boats than that, I doubt I'd want to try it on the wee Fit anyway, so I'd be happy with being able to do 2 boats.

But I'm left wondering (and worrying) why both Thule and Yakima say that the roof won't support a clip-style rack, yet Inno has one. Thule and Yakima are big, reputable rack manufacturers -- I assume they know what they're talking about. I've had clip-style racks on a Civic and a Prius (Yakima and Saris, respectively), with never any problems (but I never took them off to see what they'd done to the area under the clips).

Who here has the Inno racks, what do you carry on them, and have you had any problems?

For those who've had the inline racks installed (drilled into the roof), do you know the weight limit on those?

I think I'll write to Inno and ask why they think the racks are okay, when others don't. I'll ask RackAttack for their opinion (Inno clip-style vs. their inline) also.

Thanks!
Debbie L.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack?