3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Another rear pillar tail lights question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Another rear pillar tail lights question

2015 Fit EX Red. I have read through the several topics here on those 3rd party rear piller lights that which I could find and also a couple of external websites including an instructables.com instruction on those lights. The one problem I am still not quite clear on and I hope someone is willing to help. Where is the wiring harness recommended to tap into for wiring the lights? Is it the one on the top left of the car leading into the rear door (I assume for the 3rd brake light) or is there one inside the large plastic piece below the rear window on the inside of the door. It appears the wiring provided with the lights will reach to inside the stock tail lights, so that is an option. Also any common tactics to hide the wires when done. I am thinking red tape on the painted surfaces to help hide it. Thanks for all help.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
I took photos when I retrofitted mine. Hope they help.

es

Old 07-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by stembridge
I took photos when I retrofitted mine. Hope they help.

es
Thanks. Helps a lot. Will have to wait until after work to take a detailed look at it. However, Looks like you tapped both the license plate light for power and separately the brake lights at the corners for the brake portion. Am I correct on that? That would also hide the wires quite nicely for good portion of the wires as well. Thanks again. Too bad I missed your post when doing the searches here.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Right - license plate for the uppers, and used the existing brake wiring for the new brake lights.

es

Old 07-01-2016, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
I noticed that the wires are different colors from the light harness to what the car uses as per their instructions does anyone know which wire goes to what.. .IE: On the car, which wire is the brake and which is the ON function.. ground is obvious with black but wanted to make sure the correct wires are tapped...etc.

Thanks,
-Nigel

Old 07-03-2016, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Just follow the wires to each bulb - I labeled the pics in my thread, which identify which bulb is which.

es

Old 07-04-2016, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you sir! Should make it a lot easier now!

-Nigel