3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Just got Mugen window vent visors

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator
just noticed ur from jersey. which dealer is this?

Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
DCH Paramus Honda. I really hope no one ever comes there for service unless you want free cream cheese half bagels and coffee. As I was there in the service building waiting area I had a little chat with another Honda owner (he bought a pre owned Accord) and he was there for some kind of sensor problem. After he found out which one they changed he researched it and found out that he could have saved about $365! The sensor was easy to replace and online cost $35 they charged him $400 for the job.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator
yeah the sucky part is they hold u hostage with the estimate fee.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Hi.
I can not find any answers there a difference between copies and originals explained properly to these window visors. I have copies of my ge8 and they have been for two years now and has a perfect fit. I want to buy to my gk now and then wonder if anyone can explain the real difference. Here in Sweden it is extremely expensive to buy mugen stuff ..

Old 01-15-2016, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Honda-Robban
Hi.
I can not find any answers there a difference between copies and originals explained properly to these window visors. I have copies of my ge8 and they have been for two years now and has a perfect fit. I want to buy to my gk now and then wonder if anyone can explain the real difference. Here in Sweden it is extremely expensive to buy mugen stuff ..
I don't have a GK, but I do have the jdm mugen visors for my GE. The first things that I notice when comparing the real visors vs the fakes are:
The quality of the plastic. Most knock offs use really thin plastic or the plastic will be black. The good knock offs come in a dark smoked color, but the real mugen visors are only lightly tinted, not really smoked. Additionally the mugen visors have the name mugen etched into the visors, some don't have it and some good knock offs do.
Also, the mugen visors have (rubber weather strips) at the bottom of the visor, so when you roll up the window it squeegees off rain droplets. Most knock offs don't have it.

And lastly the real tell-tale sign is, on the 3m adhesive tape there is a serial number facing the in-side that is attached to the visor. You can actually look through the plastic of the visor to see the serial number.

Real or not, it's what makes you happy. I have a lot of JDM parts on my car and I also have some knock offs too, so don't let the cost or availability deter you from buying replica visors if thats what you want.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:10 AM
I'll add that I think for me the fakes are worth the price I paid as they function very well in regard to having your windows lowered a little to vent the car as it sits in a hot parking lot. Purely for this purpose they function just as the originals and for a fraction of the price. So what that the plastics are not 100% exact fit. My whole car brand new was not 100% exact fit as I spent many days going to the dealer to resolve those issues. If you are going to measure fitment of the visors with a micrometer then yes you will be disappointed. This is not a critical part that will make your car drive unbalanced or something so I really don't care about the slightly lower quality of the fakes compared to originals. It is not winter and I see no problems with the visors as they have already experienced very low temperatures and show no signs of any problems sticking or cracks or anything.