3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Just got Mugen window vent visors

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:21 AM
Just got Mugen window vent visors

I decided to get them as I could not find any posts of anyone else having them. I like them and for $36 they are worth it. They came with what appears to be quality 3M tape pre-applied so all I had to do is clean the tops of the doors with windex, remove the red plastic covering the 3M tape and apply. While applying I noticed more imperfections with the car as each door had a different fitment to the body of the car. I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying a car entirely made in Mexico.

Last edited by Soon2015FitWillBeMine; 07-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Ouch....

Maybe you should trade it in on a Chevy...

Old 07-26-2015, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Authentic Mugen visors cost 200$. Sounds like you got replicas. A couple other forum members got them and returned the replicas because of the terrible fitment.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator
i second Tofushop. Your only mistake is buying replica mugen visors from China.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:11 AM
I had no doubt these were fakes but they seem to fit and function for now. When they fly off in the future then I will consider something else. I didn't want to pay $60+ for vent visors at this time.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
If you know they are knock-off's, why title the thread misleadingly? Just saying.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 AM
In any event, they look good and looks like they fit perfectly.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:28 AM
When I bought them I was not aware that they were fake. Well, I was not aware where to buy real Mugen ones and these were on Amazon listing as JDM so I was hoping they were good quality and seem to be. Either way they seem to work fine so far and I don't really notice any fitment issues. If the 3M tape eventually deteriorates then I either get new visors or get new tape. There was another set with screws which I do not like. I don't want to make holes in the doors and then get rust later.

Last edited by Soon2015FitWillBeMine; 07-28-2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
LOL at spending $36 and expecting quality. Come one man....I spent several hundreds on mmy Mugen ones for my GD and when I get my GK I plan on doing the same. Worth the money.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
What is the difference between the real and the knockoffs? Is the plastic thicker, stiffer? I want to get the best looking design but it's hard to tell from most pictures how small differences really are. Stock photos are used in listing that do not reflect the what you get. That's one reason I like links on mods I see here because you'll have a greater chance of getting the right item. I can see having to pay quite a bit more for just a small increase in quality or better fitment. Cry once I guess. What exactly makes Mugen better?

Old 07-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Has these visors effected anyone's mpgs?

Old 07-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Chitownfit
Ouch....

Maybe you should trade it in on a Chevy...

No...GM engineering sucks, and they don't stand behind their products, even for known engineering foul-ups

Old 07-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Soon2015FitWillBeMine
I had no doubt these were fakes but they seem to fit and function for now. When they fly off in the future then I will consider something else. I didn't want to pay $60+ for vent visors at this time.

Good thinking

Old 07-31-2015, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stingray
No...GM engineering sucks, and they don't stand behind their products, even for known engineering foul-ups
"I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying a car entirely made in Mexico."

I think you got bigger problems then Mugen knock-offs. Crapping on your car being made by Mexicans is... Well it's no Bueno amigo!

Old 08-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Administrator
Not bad for $36

I can tell the difference from my authentic Mugens for my GE8 from a mile away but you can't go wrong with your price.

How is wind noise?

Old 08-01-2015, 02:34 AM
Wind noise is hard for me to complain about as it's summer now and I have been running the noisy AC most of the time. The few times I had windows open and driving the noise was not noticeable to the point where it would make me immediately question the visors. BTW all PDI problems are now solved by the dealer and myself.
PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection

The problems I had are (in order of me discovering them):

Small dent right above driver door handle. Fixed by Dent Wizard (private body dent repair business)

Back door (trunk) alignment was off by a large amount for me to notice. After they fixed the alignment the door did not close properly. Had to return to dealer to fix.

Rear view mirror was loose. Fixed myself with a torx bit and screwdriver.

Passenger front side airbag cover (by front windshield) was falling off. I did not want to touch this area as it contained airbags so went to dealer to fix.

The entire front bumper was not aligned with 1/8 of an inch gap on to where it joins the fenders. Took to dealer and fixed.

Rear driver side door was closing way too tight compared to the rest of the doors. Repaired by dealer a the same time as front bumper alignment.

Amount of MY TIME wasted getting these repairs done is approx 18 hours. This includes traveling to the dealer and waiting for repair to be done.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Soon2015FitWillBeMine
Wind noise is hard for me to complain about as it's summer now and I have been running the noisy AC most of the time. The few times I had windows open and driving the noise was not noticeable to the point where it would make me immediately question the visors. BTW all PDI problems are now solved by the dealer and myself.
PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection

The problems I had are (in order of me discovering them):

Small dent right above driver door handle. Fixed by Dent Wizard (private body dent repair business)

Back door (trunk) alignment was off by a large amount for me to notice. After they fixed the alignment the door did not close properly. Had to return to dealer to fix.

Rear view mirror was loose. Fixed myself with a torx bit and screwdriver.

Passenger front side airbag cover (by front windshield) was falling off. I did not want to touch this area as it contained airbags so went to dealer to fix.

The entire front bumper was not aligned with 1/8 of an inch gap on to where it joins the fenders. Took to dealer and fixed.

Rear driver side door was closing way too tight compared to the rest of the doors. Repaired by dealer a the same time as front bumper alignment.

Amount of MY TIME wasted getting these repairs done is approx 18 hours. This includes traveling to the dealer and waiting for repair to be done.
Slightly off topic. Do you have any photos of your front bumper issue? I'm questioning where I have this or not, but haven't been able to find any good photos to compare it to.

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2015, 02:06 AM
2 pics of same section on cars in showroom at dealer. click on images for full size.

my car

Last edited by Soon2015FitWillBeMine; 08-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the photos. It appears I too have this have this issue. Did you have any issues getting the dealer to fix it?

Your gap looks like it may be slightly larger than mine, but it's clear the gap is not a consistent width.
Name:  stLkoiCl.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 08-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Ya, the dealer was basically an a$$hole to me and tried to tell me that these cars are not hand made and not all are made the same. In other words they were trying to tell me that I should expect the lack of quality control in Mexico. All the problems I mentioned above except the dent and airbag cover they tried to tell me that it's "normal"

Quick Reply: Just got Mugen window vent visors