3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Safe to assume LED DRL kits on ebay incompatible for US?

Old 08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Safe to assume LED DRL kits on ebay incompatible for US?

All those LED DRL kits on ebay that go in by the foglight, it is safe to assume that none of these will fit US models regardless of seller location? I know all the iJDMToy stuff won't, but there's a few that are by Zeez lighting that I haven't seen mentioned on the forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Direct-Fit-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-Turn-Signal-DRL-Lamp-Kit-Honda-Fit-14-15-B-/161803849534?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item25ac42cf3e&vxp=mtr

Old 08-27-2015, 04:11 PM
They Fit, and yes the controller from China is a hit or miss with flickering, but its because of bad electrolytic filter caps. I replaced the caps in mine and it works great!

The wiring is insanely easy! I discovered that the controller is voltage based, meaning the lights shut off once the battery voltage falls below a certain threshold, and turns on when the engine is running. Connected right to the battery with no problems! I even added the SI emblem for flavor while I had the bumper off! WHOO! The blinker inputs I simply spliced off the load resistors I already had for the other switchbacks, now both blink at the same time!

Cheers!

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 08-27-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Awesome, thanks. Looks real good. Guess the next project is going to be doing this along with some foglights of a similar temperature. Were the caps you had to replace a straight forward process?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Awesome, thanks. Looks real good. Guess the next project is going to be doing this along with some foglights of a similar temperature. Were the caps you had to replace a straight forward process?

Yes it was. You do need a desolder pump and a soldering iron. I work in electronics a lot as a power hobby so I have the equipment to replace components without damaging the board. The company in china actually sent me a replacement controller when I complained about the flickering. unfortunately the replacement had the same flickering issue. Cheap caps likely sitting for a long time all dried out is causing the module to be unreliable.

This video shows me bench testing and looking inside the module to fix it.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Are you able to get at the fog light insert without taking the bumper off?

Old 08-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Macswfc
Are you able to get at the fog light insert without taking the bumper off?
Possible...but EXTREMELY difficult. Space is too small through the access cover under the car where you change the foglight bulb. I do not think you would be able to release the clips around the garnish with your fingers. You can try, but ROTTBOY and others who upgraded their fogs said the same thing take the bumper off. Its not too hard to do.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Possible...but EXTREMELY difficult. Space is too small through the access cover under the car where you change the foglight bulb. I do not think you would be able to release the clips around the garnish with your fingers. You can try, but ROTTBOY and others who upgraded their fogs said the same thing take the bumper off. Its not too hard to do.
If you get a plier with a plastic crimp end, you can crimp one of the "vents" of the fog lights shroud and pull. Do one side at a time, this allows loosening and pulling them out without having to remove the bumper. I forget whom, but someone on this board mentioned that technique, and I've been using it since whenever I had to tinker with the DRLS or foglights.