3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Cargo Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Like others I made my own cargo cover. It cost significantly less than the Honda one.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ick-intro.html

I liked the roller one that came with my last vehicle. I think it's kind of underhanded that manufacturers charge you for this stuff now.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 PM
The back seats line up perfectly with the cargo cover after tilting them back on my 2016 LX.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-27-2016, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
When you tilt the seat back anyone who sits in the back has a very strange seating angle.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Nice job. Any chance you might have saved a blueprint of the shape?

Originally Posted by Seaden
Today i made my own cargo cover from hardboard and felt.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:45 PM
I just bought the OEM cargo cover...unwillingly. It's important to have it so you can store stuff in the cargo area without having them out in the open. But given the price they charge for it and that it is not included in the price of the car (especially at the higher trim levels) is highway robbery.

Nice job to the person who decided to make their own!! I wish I had that kind of patience and determination.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Seaden
Today i made my own cargo cover from hardboard and felt.
Very nice job. I bought Honda's cover, but I'll keep yours in mind for when mine goes bad - also made of hardboard, but much pricier.

Is yours attached in any way?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Here's my speculative opinion on why Honda probably doesn't make a cargo cover standard on The Fit.

#1. Why give you something they can sell you?
I have yet to read a " I chose a Mazda 3 because it came with a Cargo Cover" post.

#2. More importantly, I think on the showroom floor The Fit is sold advancing it's
Interior versatility and "Maximum Inside" space.

To the second point, I own a Cargo Cover, and I'd say while it functionally is great, and I wanted one, visually when you open the hatch, the cargo cover makes the entire space look smaller.

So as far as ease of selling the Honda Fit on the showroom floor during a walk around? Honda probably feels it's better to simply NOT have a cargo cover in the way. Let you see the entire depth of the folded down seats, and the ease of the magic seat configurations.

So that's my pure speculation guess as to why a Cargo Cover isn't provided standard.

All that being said? I generally think all vehicles should come with floor mats of some type, and if a hatchback? Yes it should come with a cargo cover. But I think dealerships even like to have these items as negotiation "throw ins".

They also can make you think you're getting something for "free" when you really are paying for it anyway.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by fitchet
Here's my speculative opinion on why Honda probably doesn't make a cargo cover standard on The Fit.

#1. Why give you something they can sell you?
I have yet to read a " I chose a Mazda 3 because it came with a Cargo Cover" post.

#2. More importantly, I think on the showroom floor The Fit is sold advancing it's
Interior versatility and "Maximum Inside" space.

To the second point, I own a Cargo Cover, and I'd say while it functionally is great, and I wanted one, visually when you open the hatch, the cargo cover makes the entire space look smaller.

So as far as ease of selling the Honda Fit on the showroom floor during a walk around? Honda probably feels it's better to simply NOT have a cargo cover in the way. Let you see the entire depth of the folded down seats, and the ease of the magic seat configurations.

So that's my pure speculation guess as to why a Cargo Cover isn't provided standard.

All that being said? I generally think all vehicles should come with floor mats of some type, and if a hatchback? Yes it should come with a cargo cover. But I think dealerships even like to have these items as negotiation "throw ins".

They also can make you think you're getting something for "free" when you really are paying for it anyway.
I like #1.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Cargo cover is standard in European Fit/Jazz.
Well, atleast from here in Switzerland, it came as standard.