3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Cargo LINER (not tray)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 AM
m_x
Cargo LINER (not tray)

Has anybody bought or seen the cargo liner? I don't mean the plastic tray; I mean the liner that covers the backs of the seats and flips out over the bumper too. (this: 2015 Honda Fit - Accessory Detail - Official Site ).

It looks like it could either be great or awful. I'm imagining/hoping for a sort of padded nylon that protects and pads, but maybe it is actually just a cheapo thin piece of material. Or maybe it is good but takes up a lot of space inside.

It's a bit pricey, so all input is appreciated.

P.S. I'm guessing this has been discussed in one of the many Cargo Cover threads, but I couldn't find it. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:40 AM
I have not seen one but FYI at honda Parts network they are $123.20

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assembl...on-Cargo-Liner

Old 08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I have it. It does look and feel a little cheap. I had something similar on my Scion, but the quality on the Scion liner was better. The fabric on the Scion was thicker and more durable. The material on the Fit feel thinner. But I do like how it covers the plastic trim in the cargo area so it won't get scratched. But I haven't really hauled anything in the Fit yet so it hasn't been tested out.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
Has anybody bought or seen the cargo liner? I don't mean the plastic tray; I mean the liner that covers the backs of the seats and flips out over the bumper too. (this: 2015 Honda Fit - Accessory Detail - Official Site ).

It looks like it could either be great or awful. I'm imagining/hoping for a sort of padded nylon that protects and pads, but maybe it is actually just a cheapo thin piece of material. Or maybe it is good but takes up a lot of space inside.

It's a bit pricey, so all input is appreciated.

P.S. I'm guessing this has been discussed in one of the many Cargo Cover threads, but I couldn't find it. Sorry if this is a duplicate.
We have both the liner, tray and cargo cover. I like it because it protects not only the back of the rear seats, but the sides of the back cargo area as well (something my Mazda CX-5 liner does not do). The flap hangs over the back of the bumper, and when not in use, you can either hang the edges up on the rear cargo area sides by attaching them to the appropriate velcro strips (this solution protects the inside surfaces of your hatchback door from damage), or simply fold the flap up into the rear of the car. (the Mazda version has a detachable rear bumper flap, which may or may not be a better solution, time will tell). I also felt the Mazda was more durable, and had more robust velcro attachment stickers, but after having the back of our Honda Odyssey ruined by our dogs and kids, I went a little overboard on the interior protection department. The cargo tray fits nicely over the cargo liner, and adds what I consider much needed floor support (the back floor material just seems a little light weight, particularly when loading the back with heavy items), and it helps re-define the back cargo area with it's rigid shape. The cargo cover not only keeps people from seeing into the back cargo area, but appears to provide some degree of protection by keeping loose objects from flying around the car in the event of an accident (we still use a small elastic cord to attach our battery booster to a cargo area hook, as they are quite heavy and I doubt the cargo cover would prevent that from doing serious damage, if allowed to fly around the inside of the car in a rollover situation). In our opinion, the liner is money well spent.

p.s. This item is easy to install, so don't pay the dealer for the installation. In fact, don't buy this item from the dealer unless they will price match the online Honda accessory sites. I downloaded the installation instructions from College Hill Honda.

Last edited by Vanguard; 08-18-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
I have the cargo tray to catch any spills then I use a couple Dollar Store tarps whenever necessary.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by Vanguard
We have both the liner, tray and cargo cover. I like it because it protects not only the back of the rear seats, but the sides of the back cargo area as well (something my Mazda CX-5 liner does not do). The flap hangs over the back of the bumper, and when not in use, you can either hang the edges up on the rear cargo area sides by attaching them to the appropriate velcro strips (this solution protects the inside surfaces of your hatchback door from damage), or simply fold the flap up into the rear of the car. (the Mazda version has a detachable rear bumper flap, which may or may not be a better solution, time will tell). I also felt the Mazda was more durable, and had more robust velcro attachment stickers, but after having the back of our Honda Odyssey ruined by our dogs and kids, I went a little overboard on the interior protection department. The cargo tray fits nicely over the cargo liner, and adds what I consider much needed floor support (the back floor material just seems a little light weight, particularly when loading the back with heavy items), and it helps re-define the back cargo area with it's rigid shape. The cargo cover not only keeps people from seeing into the back cargo area, but appears to provide some degree of protection by keeping loose objects from flying around the car in the event of an accident (we still use a small elastic cord to attach our battery booster to a cargo area hook, as they are quite heavy and I doubt the cargo cover would prevent that from doing serious damage, if allowed to fly around the inside of the car in a rollover situation). In our opinion, the liner is money well spent.

p.s. This item is easy to install, so don't pay the dealer for the installation. In fact, don't buy this item from the dealer unless they will price match the online Honda accessory sites. I downloaded the installation instructions from College Hill Honda.
Great info! Thanks so much for the reply. I looked at the diagram on the hondapartsdepot link above and it looks like it is actually three pieces: the main liner and then two side pieces that line the walls. Is that correct?

Also, can you comment on the thickness at all? Is it padded in any way or is it just a thick tarp material?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
Great info! Thanks so much for the reply. I looked at the diagram on the hondapartsdepot link above and it looks like it is actually three pieces: the main liner and then two side pieces that line the walls. Is that correct?

Also, can you comment on the thickness at all? Is it padded in any way or is it just a thick tarp material?
Yes, it is three pieces. You install the two side pieces first, then the large piece that covers the back of the seats. The large piece has slots, or pockets that slide over the two horizontal boards that cover the hinge area of the seats pivot point. that is what keeps the entire thing stable, other than the Velcro connectors. As for the thickness, it is rather light, and the surface is somewhat slick, as opposed to being absorbent like the original finish. It will serve it's purpose of protecting the original finish, but won't do much in the way of padding anything.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Cargo Trays...etc.

Thank you!

I thought the cargo area was flimsy, and I give my cars a work out. I like to seal my car from dog hair. This thread has been so helpful!

First time fit buyer with 3 dogs!

Old 05-03-2015, 12:18 AM
sws
Great info. I too have dogs and have had my 2011 Fit "ruined" by the hair. Especially after a good cleaning with really good drying my car reeked of wet dog. So, I'm getting this for my 2015. Does anyone know if it can go into a was machine for cleaning?

Old 05-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by sws
Great info. I too have dogs and have had my 2011 Fit "ruined" by the hair. Especially after a good cleaning with really good drying my car reeked of wet dog. So, I'm getting this for my 2015. Does anyone know if it can go into a was machine for cleaning?
Instead of Honda's cargo liner, I opted for the Elemmat, which may be better suited for dogs since it's a hard rubber-type surface. It covers the full cargo area with the seats down. I just received mine a few days ago and it's cut perfectly for my 2015. You can just shake the hair off or hose it down if it gets muddy. Somewhere on this site I found reference to a 10% discount code of "FIT10". It worked for me when I ordered mine from Elemmat's site a week ago.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:18 PM
sws
Cargo Liner

I installed the cargo liner. It works great. I have a bunch of hairy dogs and the hair does not stick to the liner. Also, it is waterproof, a big plus, I am going to get rid of the tray I have been using. It worked well but did nothing for the sides and backs of the seats.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by sws
I installed the cargo liner. It works great. I have a bunch of hairy dogs and the hair does not stick to the liner. Also, it is waterproof, a big plus, I am going to get rid of the tray I have been using. It worked well but did nothing for the sides and backs of the seats.
Can someone post a picture of the cargo liner installed?