3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Audison Bit Ten D woes

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator
Audison Bit Ten D woes

Since getting my GK LX, the biggest project was the stereo upgrade/sound-deadening.

Finally got everything installed and running, late last week onwards. The result of the Audison Sound Proccessor capacity to de-equalize the OEM HU and capture its output to undistorted flat levels was accomplished. Initial sound was over my expectations.

Of course, since all the time and money was spent on the ICE components, wanted to see how far it could go.

Called Electtromedia (Audison's rep for the US) who informed me that they do not have any trained retail individuals on the island (but there is one in Alaska!!!). They clearly stated that to bring the SP to the next level, it has to be professionally EQ'd.

Here's my mistake. Called a few of our local stereo shops and, of course, everyone said they could do it as long as I brought the Audison CD containing the program which can control the SP via laptop. Picked one which I thought has a decent reputation and scheduled an appt. for this morning at 9am.

Spent three hours there and sunk in $135 bucks. They screwed it up royal. What I did learn from this experience is now I know how to get into the Audison via a laptop (aka SuperFly).

Am just lucky that the are two settings (A & B). All original settings were in B. They also fooled around with the Kenwood amp's sensitivity and frequency settings to get rid of distortion which they caused and was one of my many complaints.

Got home, loaded the disc into my laptop and went into the Audison's 31 band equalizer for each speaker. Got back my original settings which sounds "audiophile quality" or very close to it. Zero distortion with clear, firm bass - heaven!!!!

In fairness to the local shops, when a customer goes in for ICE mods, 9.9 times out of 10, OEM HU's gets changed. Quality name brand aftermarket HU's send out a FLAT signal. Nowadays low, mid and higher priced ones usually have their own internal equalizers. Retail buyers would rather spend more on other components such as amps, speakers, subs etc...............instead of a sound processor that provides de-equalization.

Fortunately, Elettromedia may have a sales rep coming to the islands 1st quarter '15 and they have agreed to look over the settings and try to tweak them properly.

REally felt like sh_t on the drive back home!!!!

Hooked up to an RTA which seemed more like show than go.

Name:  69350a61-2264-4bcd-b60a-b2db333af746.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  44.6 KB

At least learned how to get to the equalizers

Name:  LaptopaccesstoAudisonEqualizersNov42014.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  84.6 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-05-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
HI Rottboy

Which bit ten did you get? A buddy of mine owns a audio shop and he is going to hook me up with the bit ten D for $450 hope Im getting a good price. On the second photo is that your final EQ setting? Im sorry to hear they wasted your time.

REply: You lucky guys on the mainland. All the manufacturers take care of you all. All we have here are tons of pinneapples and LAVA!!!!!

Ya gotta good price for the Bit Ten D. You'll like the DRC. It will allow you control for any AUX component you may want to add in the future plus you can access instantly two memorized pre-settings.

That posted EQ setting was the dildo that did the work. The store I went too sells a lot of high end audio stuff, like Hertz, Focals etc.....

Post your results once installed. I may just copy your settings!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-05-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator
Audison Bit Ten D and time delay

Today I EQ'd the Audison's "A" setting. My listening taste is pretty flat. Like the feel of a punchy bass, but it needs to be firm, not boomy.

Entered the distance measurements of the door speakers to the driver's seat (head area). The time delay uses this criterea.

Once activated there is a huge difference. The audio now seems separated to the different areas and the individual instruments are extremely defined.

Would rate original setting of the Audison after de-qualization as Good. This result is Significantly Better. However, with the mid-level DB6501 Polks there will be no "Best". They have their limitations. In conclusion, the results to date are light years better than the factory speaker set-up.

Accorguyintake suggested I venture into using the time delay and this tip has transformed this little Fit into a great sounding one (USING the OEM HU).

All controls: steering wheels, phone, bluetooth and everything else that the OEM HU did from the factory continues to function. That is, as long as I'm not using the XM sat radio cause it's connected to the Audison's Aux input which is controlled solely by the DRC (Digital Remote Control).

All plastic panels at the front floors have now been reinstalled and its time to enjoy the drive - finally!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-08-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:38 PM
RottBoy, I read up on your build through another thread here. You have a killer setup. I'm going along that same route, just a few notches down the quality ladder. Glad you were able to get your EQ back to where you wanted it. That's too bad that the shop wasted your time.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Rottboy after the first shop wasted time and also did a shitty job installing my system I didn't like how it sound and redid their work to find out the install was very bad and also they broke clips from removing my seats and one panel. I took my car to Sound innovations an hour away and my car now sounds extremely good. Here is my new setup

Audison Bit one.1
Audison Voce K6 6.5 components
Audison Voce AV 5.1k 1650 watt
Audison Bit in
NVX 10 farat cap
JL Audio 8in w3 ported box under rear seat.

The front stage is 2 way active straight to the amp there is no RCA being used with the bit in, all digital signal from the cat5 and rj75 cable. They put the amp under the spare tire and rised up the spare and made a rack for the spare. The shop owner Ernie fine tune the set up using all 4 preset so I can choose a setting depending on the kind of music Im listening too.

COMMENT: Damn, you must have the best audiophile quality set-up on Fit Freak!!!! Your over -all components are completely top-notch. Ya must be loving every note that comes out of the system. Other than the capacitor, did you upgrade the battery and alternator? Did you have them sound-deaden the whole car? Ya gotta post pics cause am really excited to see the job the second shop managed.
As for the dumbos in the first shop, its dingos like those that prevent me from having anyone do my install work. If something is going to break, I'd rather do it myself. It took me almost a month to complete modding my whole car with ICE and OEM accessories but, in the end, it was worth all the effort. Then again, I was mostly on vacation leave and have a garage to work in.
Our Fits are simple and a joy to work with.
Congrats and don't forget to post!!!! - rttby

Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Today I EQ'd the Audison's "A" setting. My listening taste is pretty flat. Like the feel of a punchy bass, but it needs to be firm, not boomy.

Entered the distance measurements of the door speakers to the driver's seat (head area). The time delay uses this criterea.

Once activated there is a huge difference. The audio now seems separated to the different areas and the individual instruments are extremely defined.

Would rate original setting of the Audison after de-qualization as Good. This result is Significantly Better. However, with the mid-level DB6501 Polks there will be no "Best". They have their limitations. In conclusion, the results to date are light years better than the factory speaker set-up.

Accorguyintake suggested I venture into using the time delay and this tip has transformed this little Fit into a great sounding one (USING the OEM HU).

All controls: steering wheels, phone, bluetooth and everything else that the OEM HU did from the factory continues to function. That is, as long as I'm not using the XM sat radio cause it's connected to the Audison's Aux input which is controlled solely by the DRC (Digital Remote Control).

All plastic panels at the front floors have now been reinstalled and its time to enjoy the drive - finally!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-17-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
HI Rottboy

Did you finally got your bit ten tuned? When I got my car back from the shop the master installer tuned my system, it sound good but I felt it could be better. After a few weeks of listening to my car I decided to hook up my mac to the bit one and saw his tune. It looked safe and also left and right was linked. Today I used a 31 band feq CD from Focal and a octave app on my iPhone to tune flat each one of my driver from tweeter to woofer to the sub and I also adjusted the distant and time delay. Im not a pro at tuning but now the system sound on another level. The only thing Im not happy about is the tiny 8in I have hidden under my rear passenger seat. I just bought a JL audio 10w6 and will be making a fiberglass box in the left corner of the trunk. Cant wait if you have a chance let me know your system update.