3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Husky Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:43 AM
Husky Floor Liners

If anyone is a fan of Husky floor liners, I got this response regarding liners for the 2015 Fit.

We do have part #99491 (front and 2nd seat floor liner set) available. You would have to call us at 800-344-8759 to order as it is very new and has not been posted to the website yet. The cost is $144.95 which includes shipping to the lower 48 US states.

Thanks for your interest!

Steve Bower
Engineering Manager
Winfield Consumer Products/Husky Liner

Old 11-07-2014, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
sweet - thanks. I plan on replacing my OEM with these before winter hits

Old 11-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Hell, I should'va waited for Husky's release for the GK mats.
Love'em. Got a set (used- Craigslist) for my former GD before releasing it to my wife's niece.
Well, the OEM rubber mats will have to do till they wear out. Thank god my days of snow and slush are behind me!!!!

Old 11-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Any idea if the rear mat is 1 piece, across the whole back? or split in two.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Are these better than the WeatherTech brand? I know WeatherTech currently only offers pricey liners for the front.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
All my questions asked above!

.............?

Old 11-09-2014, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the posts. I have an LX which came with zero floor mats. My dealer mentioned Costco had some generic all weather mats for $20, so I picked those up. Of course, they are generic, and the Honda Fit has some funky-shaped floors... I went to the Honda website and of course the Honda mats are super expensive for someone like me. I would love a floor mat that would be more molded to the car, but not sure if I want to spend over $100 for that sort of thing. Should I just stick with my ill-fitting $20 Costco all weather mats?

Old 11-09-2014, 05:44 PM
I will be ordering these tomorrow (hopefully, keep forgetting). I will try and remember to ask if the back mat is one piece, otherwise I will get pictures up once they come in.

I personally don't use generic floor mats because of the weather in Wisconsin. 4+ months of snow and salt can really destroy carpet after a couple seasons.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
Any idea if the rear mat is 1 piece, across the whole back? or split in two.
According to the customer service rep, yes the back is all one piece.

I will post pics when they come in.

-Fizz-

Old 11-10-2014, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JazzyFitty
Are these better than the WeatherTech brand? I know WeatherTech currently only offers pricey liners for the front.
I have had Weathertech digital fit mats in the past and I have two gripes:
-in the summer, they shrink and warp making the edges roll upwards
-the material is a slippery plastic material, so when they get wet (rain or snow), your foot slides around a little

The Husky mats are the same design, however they are made out of a different material that is grippy.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Husky Liners arrived today, quick 2 day shipping. They are very similar to Weathertech digital mats, fitting all the contours perfectly and going up the sides. Seats still have plenty of room for movement and they don't obstruct the rear seat floor locks. I am confident these will keep the carpet clean in the winter, but I will probably swap them out in the summer for something a little more attractive.

Be advised they are not laid out properly in the indoor picture.

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Rear

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Front Left

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Front Right

~Fizz~

Old 11-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Any reduction of interior road noise? What did you pay for them shipped if you don't mind me asking.

What is wrong with them that they won't stay there year long?

Old 11-12-2014, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fizz
Husky Liners arrived today, quick 2 day shipping. They are very similar to Weathertech digital mats, fitting all the contours perfectly and going up the sides. Seats still have plenty of room for movement and they don't obstruct the rear seat floor locks. I am confident these will keep the carpet clean in the winter, but I will probably swap them out in the summer for something a little more attractive.

Be advised they are not laid out properly in the indoor picture.

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Rear

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Front Left

Honda Fit Gallery - 2015 Fit/Husky Liners - Front Right

~Fizz~
Thanks for the pictures! I may just have to order those... the generic ones I have don't cover everything..

Old 11-12-2014, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
do not buy these

I have 13 base model so, naturally, no floor mats. Bought Husky liners off Amazon after reading decent reviews. I have had them for about a year of driving (broke my foot and couldn't drive for two months). I hate them and wish I would have returned them day one. The material is only nice because it's plastic, and therefore easy to clean. However, whenever it rains, I feel like my shoes are slipping off the pedals because there is a puddle of water that has nowhere to go/be absorbed by.
The front mats do not fit correctly at all as there is about a 2 inch gap between the mats and the bottom of the seats (for lack of a better term).

I would suggest the Aries 3D or weather tech.

Last edited by TCFlyerfan12; 11-12-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Didn't upload correctly
Old 11-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TCFlyerfan12
....have 13 base model so, naturally, no floor mats. Bought Husky liners.......hate them....feel like my shoes are slipping off ......would suggest the Aries 3D or weather tech.

Here's my take. Got a set of Husky's (used from Craigslist) when we sold our GD Fit to the wife's niece (she is really good looking).

So far she is loving the car and we do get our fair share of rain depending on the season.

What I think is better with the Husky's is they are weightier than Weathertech's. Although, they both aren't cheap like China-made stuff either.

The water absortion is a good point though!!!! But now that our GD is gone let's see how the OEM rubber floor mats fare out on my GK.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 AM
I debated over this, as the husky ones tend to be taller on the sides to prevent water from leaking over. But.... saw the full OEM rubber set on Amazon for $95, figured it was a pretty good deal. Hopefully the water will not spill over onto the carpet; weather here in Minnesota is pretty bad in the winter.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
Any reduction of interior road noise? What did you pay for them shipped if you don't mind me asking.

What is wrong with them that they won't stay there year long?
No noticeable difference in road noise.

They are designed more for function than style, so if your primary concern is to stop mud/snow/salt from getting on the carpets then they are perfect. For me I am only focused on function in winter, in the summer I prefer to have a carpeted mat that looks/feels more luxurious than black plastic.

I paid 145$ including tax and shipping. Weathertechs are 110$ on amazon, so essentially paid an extra 35$ to get the rear mat also.

One thing I did notice is the liners make the dead pedal slightly wider and i now find myself occasionally grazing it when going to engage the clutch. Nothing really debilitating right now, but wondering if it will be an issue with snow boots on.

~Fizz~

Last edited by Fizz; 11-13-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:17 AM
m_x
The more posts I see about alternative all-season mats, the more disappointed I feel about the OEM all-seasons. The OEM material is nice and seems durable but they just don't give the coverage that these Huskies or the Weathertechs provide. Why did they not cover the dead pedal? Why did they not make a one piece rear mat that covers the whole floor when the seats are designed to let you USE the whole floor space? The front passenger side slides up into the foot well all the time and the gap that it creates between the bottom of the seat and the edge of the mat is just a dirt trap. The edges are high enough that water wont run onto the carpet, but they are too low to keep from trapping dirt around the mat. The driver side also doesn't extend up as high as the other brands seem to, so the area near/under the pedals isn't really covered.

It's just my opinion, but I would love to sell these OEM mats and go with one of the alternative brands.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by m_x
The more posts I see about alternative all-season mats, the more disappointed I feel about the OEM all-seasons. The OEM material is nice and seems durable but they just don't give the coverage that these Huskies or the Weathertechs provide. Why did they not cover the dead pedal? Why did they not make a one piece rear mat that covers the whole floor when the seats are designed to let you USE the whole floor space? The front passenger side slides up into the foot well all the time and the gap that it creates between the bottom of the seat and the edge of the mat is just a dirt trap. The edges are high enough that water wont run onto the carpet, but they are too low to keep from trapping dirt around the mat. The driver side also doesn't extend up as high as the other brands seem to, so the area near/under the pedals isn't really covered.

It's just my opinion, but I would love to sell these OEM mats and go with one of the alternative brands.
"All Season" Whoever coined this term clearly is OK with year round mediocre performance.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Wife went to medical school in Minnesota... the footwells get REALLY disgusting during winter...

Quick Reply: Husky Floor Liners