3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Better floormats for 2015 Fit EX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Question Better floormats for 2015 Fit EX?

I am interested in better floormats for my new 2015 Honda Fit EX.

I had seriously considered the WeatherTech All-Weather Floormat for the front seats from MacNeil Automotive Products, but they're not available for the 2015 Fit yet. Any suggestions of a good all-weather floormat for a 2015 Fit?

Old 04-19-2015, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I just ordered a set (front & rear) of the Weathertech mats on April 16. Haven't gotten a shipping estimate yet, but the order page is live:

2015 Honda Fit | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com

Old 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackfoot
I just ordered a set (front & rear) of the Weathertech mats on April 16. Haven't gotten a shipping estimate yet, but the order page is live:

2015 Honda Fit | WeatherTech FloorLiner custom fit car floor protection from mud, water, sand and salt. | WeatherTech.com
Holy Cow! That price is serious! I don't know how much floor mats usually cost so excuse me. Thanks for the link! I'm looking for some floor mats myself so will be hanging out in this thread to see what people come up with. I'm looking for hard plastic that weighs nothing. I mean....no weight to it. Will keep checking here. Thanks OP!

Old 04-21-2015, 04:20 PM
I received my WeatherTech mats last week for my 3rd gen. I like that they go up the sides, hence being a liner rather than a mat. I'll still probably do something about the few areas where I think the liner doesn't come up high enough. Weather Tech and the Honda all weather mats aren't too heavy. But not as light as cutting vinyl runners to size and shape.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
My wife got me a set of WeatherTech (1st and 2nd row) mats for my b-day. I've had them for a little over a month and love them. It's been raining pretty much since I put them in and I can honestly say they are well worth the price.

I looked around at a few other options as well , but I wanted the 2nd row to be one full piece as opposed to two. This is my first set of WeatherTech, but for the price they seem to be really good quality.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 PM
I opted for the 3D Maxpider floor mats from parts engine. I'm not impressed very easily but these exceeded my expectations. The fit could not be tighter (pun not intended). The mats never move at all and the sides and rear borders are so thick that I can't believe anything would ever flow above them. They are of course waterproof. I needed good mats because the winters we have here are brutal and on cheaper mats, salt water will overflow on the carpet floor and even make interior steel parts (seat support bolts) rust.

I got the front ones only mainly because nobody sits in the back. They are expensive but I like them so much that I feel that they are actually a good value in the long run. They look great too. IMHO they look better than the weathertechs which are also sold by partsengine.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by mikeDF
I opted for the 3D Maxpider floor mats from parts engine. I'm not impressed very easily but these exceeded my expectations. The fit could not be tighter (pun not intended). The mats never move at all and the sides and rear borders are so thick that I can't believe anything would ever flow above them. They are of course waterproof. I needed good mats because the winters we have here are brutal and on cheaper mats, salt water will overflow on the carpet floor and even make interior steel parts (seat support bolts) rust.

I got the front ones only mainly because nobody sits in the back. They are expensive but I like them so much that I feel that they are actually a good value in the long run. They look great too. IMHO they look better than the weathertechs which are also sold by partsengine.

Do you have a link for these?

Old 06-12-2015, 02:48 AM
https://www.partsengine.ca/c-14-floor-liners.aspx

Here is a link to parts engine. It's a Canadian company. Could not find these on Amazon for the 3rd gen Fit.

I will be getting the WeatherTechs. I have had them in several cars/trucks and they are in my opinion about as good as it gets. YMMV.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Has anybody found any better carpeted mats? I have the floor liners, but some times you just want a nice carpet under your feet

Old 06-19-2015, 12:45 PM
I can attest to the quality of the WeatherTech mats, and this will be one of the first things I purchase after we get our Fit. (Saturday it should be at the dealership!!!!)

My wife has had them in her CRV for around 2 and half years and they look as good as new. (once you have pressure washed them of course) The carpet underneath is still in perfect condition and even with our Chicago winters I have not seen salt stains.

When I purchased my truck we also bought a set for it, the front mats fit perfectly, however the back mat can slide a little from time to time. I need to pick it up and put a non slick pad or tape on the underside someday. (1.5 years on them and still perfect)

Sadly the price is rather steep for the weathertech gear, but when I look at spending $30-$70 every year or two for new generic mats, I can see where I will save in the long run.

FYI - the price for the Fits mats are not more expensive than those I got for the CRV or the F-150.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought Weathertech liners for my 2015 EX (front row only). I went through a local store and saved the $18 shipping charge that Weathertech adds. The cost is $110 (no tax) - Portland metro area.