3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Base model is better than the RS here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Base model is better than the RS here...

So at the moment up in Saitama visiting my friend Kaz from J's Racing and we were talking about stuff and got into the new GK and he said for tuning aspects one should get the base model versus the RS due to weight. Fuel tank is only 30l versus I'm guessing 42l like previous Fits and all the windows are slightly thinner. Always good to lose weight up high to lower the CoG.

No idea if they will be different there, if Honda does bring out a sport model, though I doubt y'all will see the 30l tank.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
.....if Honda does bring out a sport model, though I doubt y'all will see the 30l tank.
You guys already have the Fit RS, and your rubbing it in. We won't see that model (at least for the next couple of years).
Will have to visit you instead to savor the "performance" Fit we all yearn for.

When I land there, all I ask is that you give us directions to the best restaurant for Wagyu beef and the top geisha house!!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-13-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
Well according to a Japanese Honda rep at the Fit introduction here, the USDM Fit has more aggressive handling/steering than the JDM Fit RS.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...t=81739&page=9

Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
Well according to a Japanese Honda rep at the Fit introduction here, the USDM Fit has more aggressive handling/steering than the JDM Fit RS.

I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend! - Page 9 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums
interesting, in stock trim the RS rides pretty rough for a factory car. Surprised there hasnt been more complaints on the US model being a bit bumpy?

wonder what components they would have swapped in the steering? also sounds a bit odd.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 AM
So at the moment up in Saitama visiting my friend Kaz from J's Racing and we were talking about stuff and got into the new GK and he said for tuning aspects one should get the base model versus the RS due to weight. Fuel tank is only 30l versus I'm guessing 42l like previous Fits and all the windows are slightly thinner. Always good to lose weight up high to lower the CoG.

No idea if they will be different there, if Honda does bring out a sport model, though I doubt y'all will see the 30l tank.

thats weird, according to honda the 13G base model VCT and RS VCT model are exactly the same weight at 1070kg.

The 13G is a little lighter 5speed vs 6speed. drop 200cc, lose the 6speed and rear disks doesnt sound like the best call to me?

ƒXƒyƒbƒNE‘å‚«‚³ | «”\ | ƒtƒBƒbƒg | Honda

Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
interesting, in stock trim the RS rides pretty rough for a factory car. Surprised there hasnt been more complaints on the US model being a bit bumpy?

wonder what components they would have swapped in the steering? also sounds a bit odd.

All the reviews agree that the US has a more premium ride, comparable to a Lexus CT by one. I work for Lexus now, and the CT, while a hybrid, has a very sporty steering and suspension. It handles extreamly well. If the US Fit handles like that, it would a huge achievement by Honda. Especially with almost the same MPG as the Lexus hybrid.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
All the reviews agree that the US has a more premium ride, comparable to a Lexus CT by one. I work for Lexus now, and the CT, while a hybrid, has a very sporty steering and suspension. It handles extreamly well. If the US Fit handles like that, it would a huge achievement by Honda. Especially with almost the same MPG as the Lexus hybrid.
so more aggressive handling and lexus smooth? Im guessing the US fit most likely got the same suspension the "15X" Japan version got which is supposed to be the luxury package.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
so more aggressive handling and lexus smooth? Im guessing the US fit most likely got the same suspension the "15X" Japan version got which is supposed to be the luxury package.
That's find with me. I live in NJ, near NYC, and the roads here are terribly. This past record winter gave us pothole hell. Ironically enough, it's one of the main reasons why I sell Lexus to many BMW, Mercedes and Audi customers. The ride quality is a night and day difference. Lexus offers a much smoother ride. Every customer agrees.

Hopefully I'll be able to test a 15 Fit and compare.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Not the 1.3liter the 1.5 models are what was being compared between. Haven't looked at Honda's literature on the new GK to see what it says about weight, but J's has already ripped a couple apart to prep for racing.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Not the 1.3liter the 1.5 models are what was being compared between. Haven't looked at Honda's literature on the new GK to see what it says about weight, but J's has already ripped a couple apart to prep for racing.
maybe they are confused then, there is no "base" 1.5 model GK in japan, atleast nothing Honda is listing in their line up?

available models are.

13G <-1.3 litre base model.
15X <-1.5 litre luxury pack (slightly heavier than RS)
RS <- 1.5 litre sports pack

then there are the hybrids with the atkinson 1.5 litre.

that aside, unless you are doing some sort of KA swap I wouldnt be getting the fit as a race car, the L15B has no where near enough chop to be exciting. My 660cc alto works would leave it for dead LOL

Last edited by Japan Tragic; 04-13-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
I guess you don't watch or maybe never heard of Super Taikyu.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM
I guess you don't watch or maybe never heard of Super Taikyu.
class racing is class racing and I dont think can really be compared to road cars.

Fit GK runs in a class filled out with other fits, demios, Vitz etc. so is competitive.

Slow cars are much cheaper to setup and maintain though which is great

Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Also, if you think about it, maybe when stripped out the RS does in fact weigh more, I don't know, as I myself haven't gutted them and seen the differences, just passed information that was told to me that I thought was interesting. And now that I think about it, most likely it was the hybrid models as I couldn't imagine the luxo model coming with just a 30liter tank. The hybrid with the mileage they are achieving, that makes sense and having thinner windows to trim weight to increase FE also makes sense.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Also, if you think about it, maybe when stripped out the RS does in fact weigh more, I don't know, as I myself haven't gutted them and seen the differences, just passed information that was told to me that I thought was interesting. And now that I think about it, most likely it was the hybrid models as I couldn't imagine the luxo model coming with just a 30liter tank. The hybrid with the mileage they are achieving, that makes sense and having thinner windows to trim weight to increase FE also makes sense.
I guess you are right, with enough mods anything can be quick. Have been driving the GK around for about 6 months now and as sporty as it looks its probably the slowest car I own (out of 6 cars including vans and kei cars thats not a good thing LOL)