3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I decided I'm mildly disappointed with the Honda all weather floor mats. Particularly the amount if crap getting between the dead foot pedal and the floor mat. Doors anytime know of a mod to maybe put flaps of floor-mat-by-the-foot to direct shoe gunk into the floor mat? I don't want to shell out another ~$100 for weathertech since I've only had the mats a week.
I bought some nice non-Honda mats because WeatherTech weren't available. When they became available, I got them. They're a big improvement - nice high sides, although I'd like to see them extend higher above the foot rest.
https://i.imgur.com/T2vyTHK.jpg

Old 12-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Joined because of this car.

Okay, here goes my first post. So far on my red 2015 LX all I have done is put my valentine one in it, Install LED headlight/fog light bulbs, LED interior bulbs, and 7 color LED Underglow from ledglow.com. I here a lot of "Underglow is tacky" around the interwebs, but in my defence that kit was meant for my previous vehicle (1991 Mazda RX7 convertible). When the engine seized up for the last time, I decided I was done trying to keep it alive (I'm a mechanic) and I looked into buying a brand new economical car. That's when I came across the Fit and I fell in love. So Versatile, and so many opportunities for modifications. Plus it's a Honda so it will probably never die. So yea, brand new fit with Underglow.

Comment: First post with all those mods!!! Good show. As for the Underglow, its not what others think but more how it makes you feel. Mods personalize our cars. Do what you think suits you, not the rest of the world. Your contribution, is sharing, and that we all appreciate!!!! Now you have to post pics. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-16-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
Add'l items installed

Not much activity for Nov. and Dec. but was able to install some other items. Here they are:

1. OEM Cargo Net
Its been mentioned previously. Get the two hooks in addition to the cargo net. Instructions indicate that the carpet should be cut. Didn't do that. Instead just made holes for the bolt and the front bracket to fit properly. Figured this would hold the carpet in place since there are lotsa of audio cables hidden underneath.

Name:  TiedownhookinstalledNov212014Righttopview.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  TiedownhookinstalledNov212014LEFTtop.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  CargonetInstalledNov212014.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  80.2 KB

2. Garmin 2757LM GPS mounted using their friction mount

Name:  329f8cc4-648e-4457-8c50-d0157e641291.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  63.1 KB

3. UltraGauge finally installed (temporarily)

Name:  UltraGaugeinstalledNov212014FLash.jpg
Views: 2023
Size:  46.4 KB

4. G1W Dash Cam installed (thanks to the guys who did it first and showed the way!!!)

Name:  G1WDashCaminstalledDec122014.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  40.4 KB

Is this the end? Wife was hoping so but its X'mas, so splurged again using Bernardi's offering of freight discount and got some of their clearance priced items. Will post when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

A great Yuletide season and a Happy New Year to all FF members!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-16-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
Nice ups ROTT!

Waiting for more

REPLY: Maxair, nice to have you back!!! The guys on this forum all thank you for the specific details on those OEM LED upper rear tails lights. Wouldn't have been able to get them as fast as I did without those part numbers.
As for more add-ons, damn too many are starting to appear. Back in May, Ebay had only a handfull of listings for GK accessories. But now, the after-market suppliers from China are going full throttle with all sorts of stuff!!!
X'mas greetings to you and the family - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-17-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Not much activity for Nov. and Dec. but was able to install some other items. Here they are:

1. OEM Cargo Net
Its been mentioned previously. Get the two hooks in addition to the cargo net. Instructions indicate that the carpet should be cut. Didn't do that. Instead just made holes for the bolt and the front bracket to fit properly. Figured this would hold the carpet in place since there are lotsa of audio cables hidden underneath.

2. Garmin 2757LM GPS mounted using their friction mount

3. UltraGauge finally installed (temporarily)

4. G1W Dash Cam installed (thanks to the guys who did it first and showed the way!!!)

Is this the end? Wife was hoping so but its X'mas, so splurged again using Bernardi's offering of freight discount and got some of their clearance priced items. Will post when they arrive in a couple of weeks.

A great Yuletide season and a Happy New Year to all FF members!!!!
Looks good.

With the cargo net, can you fold down the seats individually?

That Garmin friction mount - why is the GPS mounted vertically?

Did you know that Garmin has a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to the OBD II port? It send all sorts of info to the GPS. I have a Nuvi 3790. I wanted to use a smartphone app for the same type of info, but connecting two devices to the OBD port could cause confusion for the car, at least that's what an informed mechanic told me. I even got an OBD splitter cable to I could connect two devices. If I disconnect the GPS OBD, then I have to go through the installation every time I reconnect it.

I have my XM radio exactly where you have your Ultragauge.

I have the same dashcam that you have, but I mounted it on the far right of the dash, near the windshield I didn't like it near the mirror.

Name:  ruFkqA2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  2.22 MB

Name:  fKR0h3c.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  2.84 MB

REPLY TO COMMENTS:
- Cargo net - unhook the cargo net strap from one of the headrests and from a lower mounting hook (respectively) to fold the desired seat individually.

- Garmin is mounted horizontally. The 7" screen, from the side compared to the 4.3", may make it appear vertical but it isn't. Scored this from an Ebay seller (sealed and brand new) for $135.55 shipped. Couldn't control the urge to add another toy. With the LX not having its own Nav, I found my excuse!!!! Before it arrived, the apprehension was finding the right spot for install to minimize any blindspot but at the same time, close enough to access the touch-screen.

- OBDII port for Garmin via bluetooth. That's good info to know. I didn't. My Garmin 2757LM does not possess Bluetooth capability (LMT model does), but already having an UltraGauge will make this redundant.
After using the Ultragauge on the wife's SUV for the past 8 months, got so used to the instant info. available (and there's a ton of them), finally decided to transfer the unit to the FIT.

- UltraGauge mounting location. Its in area where access to the page/menu buttons at the back are easily reachable. A secondary consideraton was that only one wire (connection to OBDII port) is exposed for the UltraGauge. The Sirius Onyx XM exposes three: power, sat antenna and Aux out cable.

- Dash Cam is directly behind the rear view mirror (on the right side). Can barely see its video screen from the driver's seat (just enough to know its activated when ignition is on).

Now its time for both of us to enjoy our toys!!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-17-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:10 AM
floor mat mod

Well, it looks a little more homemade than I would prefer, but I think it will work well. I just need to do the passenger side next.

COMMENT: Definitely a proactive mod to protect our nice thin cheapy GK carpets. The niece who got my '08 GD had that carpet area on the center console fronting the accelerator pedal (exactly where you have the protection plus the black tape) torn by her big Samoan boyfriend when he drove it the first time. - Thanks for the share!!! - rttby
As for the "home-made" look, maybe, but definitely effective!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-18-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Looks good.

- Dash Cam is directly behind the rear view mirror (on the right side). Can barely see its video screen from the driver's seat (just enough to know its activated when ignition is on).
I remember why I didn't mount the dashcam on the windshield. With the supplied bracket, I wasn't able to get the right angle with it on the windshield. I got a small GPS mount to put it on the dashboard.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator
More clutter in the cupholders

Needed add'l power sockets for the GPS and dash cam so they could work simultaneously. Plus something to hold the cell phone. Thanks the FF guys who posted their solutions which immediately was implemented on my GK.

Could have gone the Ebay route for the cupholder socket ($4) but just can't trust the direct stuff from China so got one from Amazon for triple the cost. At least it can be returned if defective. Its made by Wagan and the sockets supply the power consistently including the USB ports.
Got the Cell phone cupholder from Ebay for $5.65 shipped (US supplier). Amazon has the same thing (Heininger) for $8.75.

Name:  5c61db37-0103-45fe-a5d9-ba067e03a192.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  56.9 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member

That's pretty cool looking. All these cool gadgets you guys are getting. Nice!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
Needed add'l power sockets for the GPS and dash cam so they could work simultaneously. Plus something to hold the cell phone. Thanks the FF guys who posted their solutions which immediately was implemented on my GK.
I always add additional sockets. I add a separate fuse block to power additional accessories. I put a switch in one of the blanks on the left to turn the external sockets on and off.
Name:  rteCUpr.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  860.3 KB

Name:  R6rbrMd.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  1.13 MB

Name:  WDHgF37.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  867.8 KB

Name:  ngmdvEb.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  1.93 MB

COMMENT: Am scheduling this mod as the first for 2015!!!! Just ordered a power socket on Ebay. Another great share from SilverEX!!!
- rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:53 AM
crash1st here...
GREAT PIC'S.....THANKS....To Rottboys pic's....How did you attach the sat receiver there?
On another note; is any one interested in my oil filter study?

REPLY: Used the supplied mount that came with the Sirus Onyx XM. Removed the plastic cubby hole (in front of the cupholders). Once centered and positioned, used a pair of SS bolts and lock washers to secure. Using the sat radio's Aux output directly to the stereo system makes for a non-interferance/static signal - so clear with unlimited variety, that, listening to CD's or the cell phone via bluetooth are now secondary choices.
Some other FF members posted their research on oil filters. Add your findings there. It will update that thread and make it current so everyone can read and compare the results. Did Purolator (my aftermarket filter of choice) top them all in your study??? - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash1st
crash1st here...
GREAT PIC'S.....THANKS....To Rottboys pic's....How did you attach the sat receiver there?
On another note; is any one interested in my oil filter study?
Oil filters are always a good topic for discussion.

I have never let a car go so long without an oil change. My son's car is up to 8,600 miles, and his oil is at 25%. Mine car has about 5,000 miles and 60%.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:55 PM
OIL FILTERS
Hey silverEX15....could be my name also. purchased in June for my wife...My favorite addition so far is my silver suede dashcover (dashcare.com) Lots of chrome goodies, but that's another story.......small personal oil filter study so far:
HONDA A42513 IS MADE BY HONEYWELL WHICH IS FRAM! Its OD is 2 11/16 X 3 3/8 long..media is OD 2 5/16 X ID 1 1/8 X 2 7/16 long with 49 pleats. which IMHO is too small except for very short interval oil changes. FRAM PH2849A ugh! OD 3 X 4 15/16 with a gasket 2 1/8 to 2 3/8 wide...media is OD 2 5/8 X 1 7/16 ID X 3 15/16 long and 40 pleats of thin media and cardboard ends; Large size, but I think, very poor filter!! costs 3.97 @ autozone...
WIX 51347 (NAPA 1347) is OD 3 X 4 3/4 w/same gasket as FRAM and PUROLATOR...
media is 2 3/4 OD X 1 3/8 ID X 3 5/8 long and 49 pleats much heavier media than FRAM
cost 6.60 at my NAPA
PUROLATOR L20073 is OD 3 X 4 3/4, same gasket, media is OD 2 3/4 X 1 5/8 ID X 3 13/16 long w/63 pleats of heavy media and largest total area of the three which fits da fit......At a cost of 4.29 at Advance. this is my choice..mechanic over 50 years. No dinosaur oil, only synthetic fluids when possible. Check out other filter comparisons on youtube....Questions welcome.......

COMMENT: The oil filter for the GK is exactly the same as that for the GD/GE. The part # would be L14610 and its less than $3.80 at Wally's. Love dem Purolators. Your study just confirmed my choice of filters being used for the past decade. Was a FRam follower until I realized its the name your buying not the quality of inner components. Good share!!! - rttby

Last edited by crash1st; 12-20-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by crash1st
OIL FILTERS
PUROLATOR L20073 is OD 3 X 4 3/4, same gasket, media is OD 2 3/4 X 1 5/8 ID X 3 13/16 long w/63 pleats of heavy media and largest total area of the three which fits da fit......At a cost of 4.29 at Advance. this is my choice..mechanic over 50 years. No dinosaur oil, only synthetic fluids when possible.
Thanks for the info. I've always like Purolator.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:06 PM
P.S. for ROTTBOY & WHOEVER
L14610 is stock crossover with L14619 just a little larger.....L20073 is the largest filter I have found so far...I know it is max diameter that will fit width and gasket base.....
A stock application for this filter is a 1977 ford pinto, and I haven't seen one in stock at any source: Special order only........

COMMENT: Good info. Keep sharing your valuable knowledge.- rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Has any one seen or heard of this direct replacement ANDROID RADIO FOR $375

double click this link to see it:
Free Shipping 2014 Honda Fit car stereo, 2014 honda fit car audio player with GPS/Bluetooth/Radio/TV/SWC! factory price!-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited by crash1st; 12-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM
ROTTBOY sir
what mount and how did you install siriusxm above drink holders??...Looks GREAT and easy access.....thanx

REPLY: : As indicated in the listing, it's GArmin's "FRICTION MOUNT". Got it from Amazon for $12.99 shipped. Just sticks to the dash and never will move around. On very rough pavement, the GPS unit may shake a bit but won't interfere with reading the screen.
Only gripe with the GPS as a package is the short power cable. Not long enough to hide on route to the lighter plug. - rttby

I was referring to the pic of the cup holder power plugs #768 isn't that a xm receiver.....also the radio can be seen by a dbl clk on url..
I was goin to put in my sirius receiver from other cars but now im kinda waitin to check out this radio first......I am in awe of the help on this site..thanx again!!

REPLY: Do scroll scroll back a few and I answered it in one of your posts. Definitely a Sirius Onyx XM!!! You should'nt have any issue doing a transfer. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-21-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: REPLY
Old 12-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Just found this android radio for GK on fleabay..."2015 fit jazz radio"
It is on another site for $375, free shipping.....SOMBODY PLZ GIME AN OPINION!!!
I'm a great mechanic and auto electrician, but pretty much a DUMMY in AUDIO
THANX!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT: If you could somehow see what the back connections are that should be the deciding factor in whether to purchase or not. If the connectors are exactly the same as your GK's current OEM unit, it should be a simple matter of swapping. Good luck and keep us updated!!! - rttby

Updated comment:
Just took a look at the ad link and saw the rear connections. They look like modifications will be required. e.g. the antenna input is conventional wheras the OEM HU's uses a plastic-type connector etc.......... The good part is the front facia appears to be an exact fit for the MDM GK 5" or 7" HU's. It would be a breakthrough if an FF member can get this to work. For $375, many Android users may follow suit!!!!
(In upgrading the LX's ICE)Neither my electrical or mechanical skills are superior than most DIY'rs but in taking my time, figured it out with the help on many on this forum. With your credentials, you can definitely do this easily. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-24-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:00 PM
non mod for GPS

I wanted to use the bean bag dash mount for my GPS but found it was too slippery my dash. I just took the stalk of the base so the power cord was still plugged in and put it in the corner cup holder. Something to make it a little thicker would help it be stay slightly more upright, but it worked good. I think anything bigger than mine might not fit, but it could go vertical.

COMMENT: The location is nice and close. Looks like that cupholder was designed to secure regular-sized GPS's. Am sure lots may follow your lead.
Good job in posting the pic. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
Yesterday i install the carbon mirror cover caps and the yellow fog lights in my Fit 3

Name:  imagejpg1_zpsb182f30d.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  imagejpg1_zps34db27cb.jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  imagejpg1_zps52afd33a.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  43.8 KB

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK