3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Niceee!!! Will those Tein springs lower the ride??? By how much in inches???
In my GE8(Brazil) low 45mm Front and 30mm rear.

This Tein springs model fits in GEs and GKs.

Name:  2014-01-11-01150_Q1_zps4c7d8395.jpg
Views: 18348
Size:  76.7 KB

Old 06-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Arc
Not a big car modder type myself, but I plan to drive it a while and figure out what I need if anything.

But even I consider some "light" mods to improve the usefulness of all my vehicles. Even in my old truck, I used velcro and nylon straps to rig up sleeves to store things behind my bench seats and added some accessories to the bed to make it more useful.

The first thing I might go for is tint actually, I figure it's smart to do that when it's new to save the interior and it would make something like a cargo cover unnecessary so it's two in one.

I have considered wheel locks, but I might wait until I wear out or get sick of the factory tires first.

I'm probably going to start looking for ways to add an internal cargo tie down.

I am not so much thinking about modding the performance of the car like most people but rather I think in terms of utility.

When I get it, one of the first things I will do will be to figure out a way to put a small toolbox in there where it won't move around. It might be as simple as just putting a toolbox on a mat. I usually add a small locking box somewhere too; locking glove compartments are nice but too obvious.

I am wondering if I wouldn't get good use out of rubber floor mats/cargo liners. Probably go aftermarket for it though, I see no reason not to make my own or go with a less expensive option that's just as good.

There's some interior mods I might consider over time too, I know the older models had aftermarket consoles and storage compartments and things like that. Some extra map lights might be nice eventually.

I'm thinking about some trips in mine, so in the future a hitch is a possibility, though I'll have to do some research here, not sure the factory shocks are adequate or if there's something else I can do. I wouldn't attach anything too heavy, at most one of those roof rack type trailers or a hitch cargo bin.

I won't do much of this right away, more like over several years as I need to solve these problems.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 PM
The thing I'm really wanting now is a stupid tow hitch for my bike rack. No place has them yet, and I am sure as heck not paying for a custom hitch. I have races to do and bikes to cart!!

HMMPH!

Old 06-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Also, does anyone know if the 2013 cargo tray fits in the 2015? I'm trying to see what I can find on amazon so I can bypass the $10 shipping the online dealers are charging.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by curlgurl
Also, does anyone know if the 2013 cargo tray fits in the 2015? I'm trying to see what I can find on amazon so I can bypass the $10 shipping the online dealers are charging.
Dont remember who but it might have been Brianflys said they put theirs in and it fit but was a tight squeeze.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
I know this seems like a trivial thing, but what do you think I can add to make it really convenient to store my sunglasses/eyeglasses when swapping them out?

Normally I'd just use the drink holder, but I'm not the only one who drives the vehicle.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Raziaar
I know this seems like a trivial thing, but what do you think I can add to make it really convenient to store my sunglasses/eyeglasses when swapping them out?

Normally I'd just use the drink holder, but I'm not the only one who drives the vehicle.
There is a compartment forward of the cup holders that would store glasses well if you dont store other junk there

Old 06-29-2014, 02:41 AM
Having the dealer fit the tinting.
Going to order a set of Mugen visors - –³ŒÀ | FIT | ƒtƒBƒbƒg | PARTS | AERODYNAMICS for Front Aero Bumper Style
Waiting to see the right body kit to order.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by nicco
........fit the tinting......order a set of Mugen visors - –³ŒÀ | FIT | ƒtƒBƒbƒg | PARTS | AERODYNAMICS for Front Aero Bumper Style
..........the right body kit to order.
Nice Mugen link. Very tempting!!!

Do post pics. Let's see the ongoing developement!!! BTW, are your Aussie models different from our MDM's??? Show us pics of exterior/interior. Are your GK's sourced from Japan???

Old 06-29-2014, 03:51 AM
The only problem with the Mugen site is that there are no prices on the english pages so until I find someone who can read the Japanese I am not sure if they will post to me here. The prices aren't too bad though, just drop two zeros off and you have a rough conversion for AUD & USD.

We have been starved of specs by Honda Oz their website has about as much info as the dealer had. https://newjazz.honda.com.au/?origin=cars-homepage
We get the projector headlights and indicators on the mirrors but no lane change assist.

I am uncertain of the country of origin as most of ours have come from Thailand in the past so I am guessing that is where we will get hem from in the future however the last of the current series did come from Japan as the Thai factory was flooded so there is a chance they are coming from Japan.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Anyone familiar with cargo covers specifically made for the 15 that is designed to be used with the seats down?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
The rear park sensor kit (Ebay) may have an issue w/ the GK as majority of the rear bumper is angled downwards.
Seriously, why bother? Those things are a monstrosity, beep beep beep, plus you've got a rear view camera already! Save your money and put it into something more useful instead of tacky and tasteless mods IMO.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by neteng101
Seriously, why bother?........
Ya got a point. Never needed it in our current GD.

Unfortunately, am out to please the wife. She's so used to that beep beep sound in her Lexus (also had it in our previous FJ). For less than $20, definitely worth the coin to maintain the "peace". Makes it pleasantly usuable for the household!!!

Posted earlier my apprehension regarding the rear bumper design may cause interferance with the sensors resulting in false readings. Luckily, have since determined that the system is available in Japan and was able to identify the sensor locations.

Have installed in 4 vehicles and the procedure is simple enough, although time-consuming (mainly, routing the wires in a neat fashion).

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, am out to please the wife. She's so used to that beep beep sound in her Lexus (also had it in our previous FJ).
Good point - happy wife, happy life. I'd be tempted to see if she likes the rear camera more than beepers first though.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 PM
this is my current list of things I would like to do

(we live in Arizona)
Llumar 30 tint in the back passenger and rear windshield
Llumar 50 tint in the front driver and passenger
Llumar Blue 80 for front windshield

Interior
All weather floor mats
trunk tray

Exterior
- RS Side Skirts (OEM, or Fiberglass Replica)
- RS Wing (OEM, or Fiberglass Replica)
- RS emblem front and rear

Performance
- full coilover (brand or type to be determined)
- front and rear tower bars (brand and type to be determined)
- front and rear tie bars (brand and type to be determined)

Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by neteng101
Good point - happy wife, happy life.....she likes the rear camera more than beepers.......
Good suggestion however, been there, done that. Her RX has Nav and the rear camera back-up. Initially I thought that should do it, but she got so used to the FJ's rear sensors, it cost me $300 to have the Lexus dealer install the original factory sensors for her. Back in '11, didn't know about the Ebay suppliers from China selling basically the same thing for much less!!!!

Originally Posted by ETFitRS
this is my current list of things I would like to do...........
Ya got my attention!!! Am gonna watch for your future posts of mod developement. Nothing looks better than a set of good coilovers and a nice set of wheels. But with those RS skirts???? It will look awesome!!!

Will wait for pics!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:34 PM

Ya got my attention!!! Am gonna watch for your future posts of mod developement. Nothing looks better than a set of good coilovers and a nice set of wheels. But with those RS skirts???? It will look awesome!!!

Will wait for pics!!!
Rottboy,

for sure man, when the car comes... its just a matter of time until the tuning companies start to part our Fits for their products. I wouldn't be surprised if a member or two gets working with some of the mfgs are testers for parts.

I left the tuning and car scene when I graduated college, from my old EP3 and DC5 days since 2007 or so, now getting back into it I'm getting sorta excited.

it will be fun to see what everyone does to the car. Though I will probably will not take the Fit to NASA HPDE events like with my Civic SI , I'm pretty sure some suspension work would not hurt this Fit!

the test drive yesterday left something to be desired!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
trying to determine how big of a difference the US/Japan fit body parts are
thebumpers look extended (for us crash specs im sure)
US:

Japan:

need to get this =)

Old 07-03-2014, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I forgot this one:

Aquaclean mirrors lens:

This part not fit in US Fit 15.

It have a big mirrors that the Japanese and Brazilian Fit 15.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
I hope that someone figures out a JDM taillight swap before I buy mine (if I do). I really hate the weak red turn signal indicator, and the upsweep of the JDM tails looks infinitely better.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK