3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Still looking for a body kit, don't mind the Modulo but in white it has a bit of a storm trooper vibe.

GALLERY: 2014 Honda Jazz Modulo and Mugen kits

Old 08-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
Thanks for posting this! I almost ordered the same today but ran out of time before work. I assumed the clips came with the entire assembly but now see that item 8 is outside the "box" for the assembly (item 1 in the drawing). Did you install it yet?? Does it make the car seem all "bad-ass"?

Also, you need 2 clips.... I didn't read carefully and there is only one per order... Although it seems to work fine with just the one?? I have mine installed and it looks good --- one footnote mentioned in another post.... when you first install it there will be a gap -- you need to recline the back seat to close the gap by pressing the release lever and pushing back....

Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
Man, hanging out with you guys could get expensive!lol
I've found that to be true for all forums.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I've found that to be true for all forums.
So true. All the accessories and mods are expensive but its also so fun too.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
Installed some of the stuff that arrived today.

So tonight :

I installed the bumper applique...

All-in-all I am happy with the sound deadening of the tailgate because now it doesn't make a "clank" sound when I close the hatch. It's more like a "thud" now.

I also installed the interior illumination kit. It was a very easy install but somewhat a pain getting the HDMI/USB/lighter console back in after the LED cable runs through that area.
Is that applique clear plastic? I got some 3M, which I'll put on here and there eventually. I also got 2.75" X 60" clear film for the door sills. I had enough left over to put a small piece on the body where the gas cap dangles.

Did you use Dynamat Extreme? I have several boxes of that I plan to put in the Fit. I used it in another car, and it made a big difference.

I'd like to tap into the 12v power wire for the front outlet. Do you know how I can get to it? How about removing the center console? Any ideas?

I hope you can post some pictures.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Is that applique clear plastic? I got some 3M, which I'll put on here and there eventually. I also got 2.75" X 60" clear film for the door sills. I had enough left over to put a small piece on the body where the gas cap dangles.

Did you use Dynamat Extreme? I have several boxes of that I plan to put in the Fit. I used it in another car, and it made a big difference.

I'd like to tap into the 12v power wire for the front outlet. Do you know how I can get to it? How about removing the center console? Any ideas?

I hope you can post some pictures.
The applique is the one from college hills Honda. I had thought it would be a rugged plastic like the ones u see on SUVs, but its really just a textured 3M-like vinyl.

I used a combination of dynamat extreme and fatmat. Awesome stuff easy to apply. I haven't done the headliner because I don't know how to remove it and dont wanna risk airbag issues. For now, getting the trunk and doors is fine for me.

I plan on removing the driver side under cover again to tape up the stripped wires. I'll take pics then, and I guess I'll take pics of removing the doorpanel too.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 AM
ntx
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Ouch! Did the airbags go off? I (reluctantly) let my mom drive mine, and she hasn't driven a manual in about 15 years. She tries reversing, not even realizing what gear the car was in (1st gear), and almost drove into her raised lettuce bed.
Nope no airbag deployment. Curiously, it was strong enough to fire the seat belt retention device but no airbags. Just some pretty bruises and a broken elbow that will fix itself after a handful of weeks without a cast.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 AM
...when I was browsing through Rakuten, apparently they sell this canceller cable thing to plug into the radio so that you can continue watching dvds/tv/hdmi while the vehicle is in motion. I'm not interested in that stuff but I remember reading some of you were curious.
Really??! Many of us want this for using our phone's navigation. I searched Rakuten but I can't find it. Can you give me any more clues as to what this product was called?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by simonx314
Really??! Many of us want this for using our phone's navigation. I searched Rakuten but I can't find it. Can you give me any more clues as to what this product was called?
I tried to do that with a Pioneer in a Nissan Cube, and there were so many modifications to make that I gave up. I put in a switch to make the car think the parking brake was engaged. Then I found out that I would have to change the wiring to bypass the speed sensor to watch DVDs while moving. That's where I stopped the project.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
There are some really good suggestions here. I'll be doing the following

LED interior & exterior lights
HID's from DDMtuning.com
Still looking for a full cargo liner that will protect the rear of the backseat
Huskyliners all around if I can't find a full cargo liner
clear appliqué for rear
clazzio seat covers
Ipad holder for 1 year old

Last edited by sixth; 08-13-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Double post

Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by maxair
Hey ROTT its have the same part number but is different parts

My friend is waiting for parts to arrive and it will make a detailed DIY on how to install all the tails and reflectors.

As im wanting these upper lights badly i took off my stock drivers side USDM one to have a look at it. It looks like there is a hole with a plug where the Led bulb and socket goes. I removed the plug to take a look and it seems to me we only need to source the wiring,socket and bulb instead of the whole light assy. can anyone confirm this? Hopefully someone at a Honda dealer can take a look at parts to see if possable.... Its so close to being a reality I can taste it....

Old 08-13-2014, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
As im wanting these upper lights badly i took off my stock drivers side USDM one to have a look at it. It looks like there is a hole with a plug where the Led bulb and socket goes. I removed the plug to take a look and it seems to me we only need to source the wiring,socket and bulb instead of the whole light assy. can anyone confirm this? Hopefully someone at a Honda dealer can take a look at parts to see if possable.... Its so close to being a reality I can taste it....
It was already done , Maxair posted a pic on the same page I linked earlier further down

Last edited by sixth; 08-13-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by sixth
It was already done , Maxair posted a pic on the same page I linked earlier further down

Wait I'm confused. Are you saying someone bought JUST the LEDs the wiring and the sockets and installed them in US spec housings? Or do you mean someone bought those parts AND the housings as well and installed them on a US spec car?..

Old 08-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
Wait I'm confused. Are you saying someone bought JUST the LEDs the wiring and the sockets and installed them in US spec housings? Or do you mean someone bought those parts AND the housings as well and installed them on a US spec car?..

If u look closely to the tail lights above you'll see they have wiring to them. Most likely means they got an led assembly built into the tail light themselves. Those are JDM spec housings BTW. I don't think anyone have modded US spec tail lights or headlights yet.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:50 PM
If u look closely to the tail lights above you'll see they have wiring to them. Most likely means they got an led assembly built into the tail light themselves. Those are JDM spec housings BTW. I don't think anyone have modded US spec tail lights or headlights yet.
Dang it I was hoping the led portion was separated from the housing and plugged into the hole I discovered....

Old 08-14-2014, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Hi guys,

My friend Kotarou be initialized study this led tails install in FitFans forum thread but it is in portuguese language, but yours are welcome!

Fit Fans Forum - Exibir tópico - [ESTUDO]Lanterna LED GK - Honda Fit GK 2015>

Old 08-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by maxair
Hi guys,

My friend Kotarou be initialized study this led tails install in FitFans forum thread but it is in portuguese language, but yours are welcome!

[url=http://www.fitfans.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5247]Fit Fans Forum - Exibir tópico - [ESTUDO]Lanterna LED GK - Honda Fit GK 2015>
Wow where can I order all those new parts?

Old 08-14-2014, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ArchaicAP2
Wow where can I order all those new parts?
Whith this Japan vendor: plijokkjiu46521kkjh on eBay

Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Mods completed in the last 2 days.

1) HID headlight conversion (6000k bulbs)
2) HID fog light conversion (6000k bulbs)
3) 20% tint all windows with a front windshield strip
4) 2015 Fit EX-L leather wrapped steering wheel

Name:  imagejpg1_zps1ae0b867.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  imagejpg2_zps83455ece.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  imagejpg3_zps82e8e2ec.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  80.8 KB

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK