3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Looks good. I got the neoprene covers - not stylish, but durable, hopefully.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed about the cover being glued to the foam. The entire cover isn't glued, but where the creases in the seat are located is where its glued. Simply too much work to disassemble them. It can be done, but for a mod that's a creature comfort rather than a mission critical one I'll be lazy.

Where I cannot be lazy is snaking the wire for the winker LEDs through the mirror, the door, through the cabin, and finally through the firewall to the front blinker harness. That's the most tedious part. The rest is cake.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:23 PM
jhn
I'm stoked on this one: Any of you wish the rear hatch light had an on/off switch? I like to leave mine open for extended periods of time during outdoor activities, but I don't want to run the battery down ( I know it shuts off automatically after 15min). Now I have the option; I swapped out the lens from a Crosstour. Direct fit. Changed all the bulbs to LED's as well. $20 for the lens and $5 for two of the pancake bulbs. Like the factory should have done it:

Old 05-17-2015, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
New on the GK today

A week after delivery but today I finally got my Tanabe Strut Tower Brace installed. Tomorrow will be the first test drive as I'm not a fan of test drives in the rain.

I'm lean to the practical side so you'll find most of my mods pretty boring:
Front tower brace
SilverStar Ultra H4's
LED interior lamp kit
Leather A/T shift knob
LED tail/brake upper towers
Fake C/F rear trim cover (because I hated that chrome piece more than I hate fake carbon fibre)
i-VTEC decals
Pioneer 3-voice speakers in the doors

Old 05-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Leather Seat Covers

Hello

After lurking on the forums i never saw someone review Seat Covers, my car has Cloth Upholstery and i want to keep it on the best condition possible

I have used cheap seat covers that don't really fit or look and feel horrible, when looking on Ebay and Amazon i stumbled upon the Amooca Seat covers (Only on Amazon) they look great but are too expensive for me (160+ dlls)

Then i saw these, they are 40 bucks plus shipping, and they turned out to be good (the front pouch is pretty handy and i still need to tighten up the side straps), the only bad thing is that now my back gets hotter than with the cloth seat, but it's not too bad, better than cheaper covers, and with the material it was to be expected

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1209-PU-Leather-2-Car-Seat-Cover-Cushions-Compatible-to-Cadillac-Solid-Black-/161705678953?vxp=mtr

Sorry for the Bad picture quality the lighting and phone camera did not want to cooperate

Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Those seat covers look pretty good and seem like they fit very well also. Nice grab.

My Clazzio diamond stitched seat covers arrive tomorrow. Going to install them this weekend and take pics.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 PM
2015 White Honda Fit EX CVT

Mods so far
Garmin GPS
OEM wheel locks
Clear door edge seal
OEM all weather floor mats and cargo tray
Tinted windows 35% front 18% back
Seat covers

Future mods
Swift lowering springs 1"-1.5"
Progress rear sway bar
Intake
Door visors
16" rims and new tires
Strut bar
Nose mask
Bumper appliqué

Last edited by jukeboxx13; 05-19-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Been eyeing the upper tail mod for some time but just cant justify the cost of the JDM's. Found these while surfing ebay. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Red-Lens-LED-Rear-Pillar-Lights-For-Honda-Jazz-Fit-Brake-Tail-Lamp-2014-2015-/151685403478?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Old 05-21-2015, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
LED upper tail/brake lights

Drummingfish, I paid $159 on eBay for my set from motoringmax. Assuming that they are all being made at the same factory in central China I can only recommend working with a merchant with a high service rating. I would give the quality a 7.5/8 out of 10, but is still definately worth it from a safety point of view. The increase in lighted area is substantial and all those LEDs keep the tailgaters at bay.

Also: do NOT trust the wiring diagram, I had to re-pin both of the harness extensions that came with mine to get them to function as described; not difficult, just frustrating, so test your leads early in the installation. You will tap the black, white, and green/white leads running to the stock taillights. If you only have LEDs under braking, try swapping the red and white leads to the pillars. That was the problem with mine.

Supplies Needed:
10mm socket
wire strippers
heat shrink
basic soldiering kit
friend to turn lights on/off and hit the brake pedal
An hour to figure out the first one, 20 minutes to install the 2nd.

You won't be disappointed with the results when you see these things in action.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Nice! Thanks for the info!

Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone .. This is my first post here so please forgive me if there are any mistakes

Anyway .. here is my Fit RS

Name:  IMG_4589_zpsgkdmpssp.png
Views: 4157
Size:  796.2 KB

24 hours after dealer delivery

Oracal Black Gloss Roof wrap
3 weeks

Mugen Full Bumper Bodykit
Shark Fin Antenna
Carbonized interior panel
1 month

Carbonized Rear Garnish
JDM Red Honda Emblem
debadged the RS and FIT emblem
JDM RS Tail Light (the original one is the same as US tail light)
LED License Plate Lights
Rays Gramlight 57G 17x7.5 Wheels with Falken ZIEX912 205/45/R17
Tein S-Tech Lowering Kit
Next Project : Carbonized front grill and Carbonized Mugen Side Mirror cover

Old 05-22-2015, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by _craven_
Hi Everyone .. This is my first post here so please forgive me if there are any mistakes

Gorgeous car, thanks for sharing!

Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 AM

Craven, very nice! What is the difference between the RS model and the non-RS model?

Old 05-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Craven, very nice! What is the difference between the RS model and the non-RS model?
Thank you
In Indonesia, we have 3 grade of Jazz (Fit). RS is the highest trim, S is the middle, and A for the lowest trim

RS :
-LED Projector Headlight
-LED DRL beside the foglight
-RS Emblem on front grill
-Rear spoiler
-Side Skirt
-Keyless Entry (With start stop engine button)
-Bigger wheels (16 inch) compared to 15 inch on S
-Center Armrest
-RS emblem on Speedometer
-JVC 6.1" Touch Screen Head unit (compared to standard 2-din head unit on S)
-Steering audio control, paddle shift, cruise control
-Leather steering wheel and gear knob

Old 05-22-2015, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member

Beautiful car. Keep going!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Thank you
In Indonesia, we have 3 grade of Jazz (Fit). RS is the highest trim, S is the middle, and A for the lowest trim

RS :
-LED Projector Headlight
-LED DRL beside the foglight
-RS Emblem on front grill
-Rear spoiler
-Side Skirt
-Keyless Entry (With start stop engine button)
-Bigger wheels (16 inch) compared to 15 inch on S
-Center Armrest
-RS emblem on Speedometer
-JVC 6.1" Touch Screen Head unit (compared to standard 2-din head unit on S)
-Steering audio control, paddle shift, cruise control
-Leather steering wheel and gear knob
Those are nice upgrades. So the RS is similar to our EX. I was just wondering if the RS included some engine upgrades, but I guess not. Here in the states, RS trims are usually associated with sportier versions of the base model, e.g. more powerful engine, stiffer suspension, etc.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Those are nice upgrades. So the RS is similar to our EX. I was just wondering if the RS included some engine upgrades, but I guess not. Here in the states, RS trims are usually associated with sportier versions of the base model, e.g. more powerful engine, stiffer suspension, etc.
The engine, suspension, etc is the same across all trims.. Shame on Honda Indonesia, they took out the rear disc brake and changed it to drum brake

Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM
The engine, suspension, etc is the same across all trims.. Shame on Honda Indonesia, they took out the rear disc brake and changed it to drum brake
Unfortunately, we're stuck with rear drums in the US, too.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Speaking of rear drums, anybody done (or heard of) a conversion to discs on the rear?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
I finally got around to getting and installing the shift boot from a JDM Fit RS to go with the knob I already had from that same model: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1307128

Old 05-22-2015, 10:01 PM
_craven_ do you remember which Mugen rear view mirror you got? I've been looking for one that will fit our GKs. Thanks!

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK