3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Everything 3rd Gen Fit Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Unhappy

Okay thanks for the input, that makes alot of sense. But now given this scenario: Eco Mode off, Fan on number 4, Temperature knob on coldest setting, set to draw air from the inside....but still does not get cold, maybe cool at best

Is there a problem? Or is this something I will just have to deal with....

Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Duro1990
Okay thanks for the input, that makes alot of sense. But now given this scenario: Eco Mode off, Fan on number 4, Temperature knob on coldest setting, set to draw air from the inside....but still does not get cold, maybe cool at best

What's the outside temp where you are?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Duro1990

Sounds pretty defective to me. ECO mode ON, leather seats, tinted windows, A/C on all the way low, recirculated, fan level 2, windows closed but sunroof cover slid open, very comfortably cool on a 90 degree summer day. If I turn fan level to 3 or 4 its way too cold. We do turn it up to cool the car down initially.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Stick a meat thermometer in the vent to measure how cold your air gets.

Go to a dealer and tell them you are interested in buying a Fit and you want to check out the stereo or A/C or whatever. Compare the temps with your meat thermometer. If the dealer Fit does not get cold then maybe try another dealer Fit?

Instead of comparing the temp of another Fit maybe search on these forums, I think somebody else said the air coming out of the vents should be in the 30s. If you take your thermometer to the dealer and prove that the air is too hot then they should fix it.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
Sounds pretty defective to me. ECO mode ON, leather seats, tinted windows, A/C on all the way low, recirculated, fan level 2, windows closed but sunroof cover slid open, very comfortably cool on a 90 degree summer day. If I turn fan level to 3 or 4 its way too cold. We do turn it up to cool the car down initially.
Same here with the same setup. I have the 3M Crystalline window tint on mine. I wonder if the heat reflectivity from the tint is what allows the AC work so well.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Hello,

I live near Chicago, Illinois and today the temperature when I get out of work will be 90 degrees with the humidity at around 65%. Keep in mind I don't have any tints on my car yet, I plan to get those soon. I actually went to the dealer this past Saturday and one of the service guys put a thermometer in my vent and the lowest temperature reading I got was 46 degrees F. Fan at 4, eco was off and it was on the coldest setting. Could you guys please try this when you get home today and report back your findings? Based on the information that you guys are telling me I believe there is an issue with my system, there has to be I don't see what else I'm doing wrong. I did set up an appointment this Saturday with my dealer, so the tech who specializes in cooling/heating systems could take a look at it (he wasn't there the day that I went in). I will report back with my findings.

I do wonder if tints make a world of a difference with the high glass to car ratio. Just something to think about.

But like I've mentioned before, this issue could be a deal breaker for other people

Old 07-22-2014, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Full version of my complaints here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...mt-review.html

Cliffnotes for 6MT:
-4th, 5th, 6th gears are useless. Honda needs to fix gearing for proper overdrive and cruising rpms
-shifter feels like a toy with no feedback, difficult finding correct gear sometimes. vague feeling, needs solid shifter bushings

Old 07-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by simonx314
My rearview camera came on when I pressed the LaneWatch button...I captured a video of it happening...
The first 10 seconds of this video shows my Honda Fit displaying the rearview camera while doing 60mph on the highway.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Lanewatch doesn't always work.

Originally Posted by simonx314
My rearview camera came on when I pressed the LaneWatch button on the highway. The screen went black a few seconds later but the white text about objects being closer than they appear was still on the screen. Turning LaneWatch off and on additional times resulted in the same black screen.

I captured a video of it happening. I wonder if it is a software glitch. I just got my blue EX-L five days ago.
I've had the same issue... first it would only go to the rear view camera... then it was always black... hasn't done it since... and I'm sure it would have stopped if I brought it into the dealer.

Other than that I'm loving the car so far. The infotainment center needs a little more polish as well...

Old 09-17-2014, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
paint.

Originally Posted by Emirii
I've noticed a number of small nicks and dents in my roof. There's a particularly large dent about 4" away from the end of my spoiler that has paint gouged out of it already.

Is this just because of the low/slanted shape? I have not had this problem at all in my '07 fit.

I've got a quote for $1,000 they have to take the whole roof off and repaint it. I'm not ready for that yet. :/ I just bought the thing less than a month ago! lol

Any ideas?
I read that paint was a quality control issue on many new Fits. Go to the dealer and say that it's unacceptable on a new car. If they balk, call Honda and demand satisfaction. Tell the dealer that you're quite good at explaining your experience and their response on various websites.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Cool info system requirements.

Originally Posted by reelbigfish241
My wife's infotainment system on her week old EX hasn't functioned properly since our third day with it. It turns on then says "Preparing for Program Update" followed by "00000006". The numbers stay on the screen and anything related to the system does not work including the radio and cameras.

We brought it into the dealer on Saturday and they did a battery terminal reset. The system worked the next three times she turned the car on but then went back to the update and numbers. We are going back to the dealer tonight and hope they will just replace the unit.
I had a similar problem with my Samsung 4G phone. could not upload its info to the car system. I was finally told that there are only 7 smartphones that will successfully, fully, connect. Mine isn't one of them. So, I thought I would just enter my address book manually, only to find out that you can't. It's automatic or nothing. You can enter phone numbers manually for the speed dial list, which is sort of a work-around. I called a Honda rep who said that there is an app available via the Google app store that is designed to help your phone connect to the Fit's info system. You might call Honda and get the steps. I've not been able to download that particular app. I might have screwed up the steps required.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
I have an EX CVT and the only issue I've had is that the signals stuck for a few seconds going both directions (not like hazard, they would turn on opposite of eachother). It corrected itself after that and it's not happened since, but that was my only issue.

I did notice though that even though it says it can connect up to 6 phones via BT (and maybe this is just me being dense), it will not automatically connect the phones in the car and it's difficult to make a certain one priority for the phone calls. I decided to hook up my old 4 (I use it as an ipod) to the USB in the armrest to keep this issue from happening, but it was a pain trying to smarten up and figure this out.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs here or the MPG thread, but ........

Does the GK sip gas or does it chug it at stops?

It can take me a good 5-10 minutes of constant driving at 65-75 mph with the eco guidance GREEN to go up from e.g. 39.9 mpg to 40.1 mpg. But when I finally get that 40.1 mpg and I end up at a stop, let's say dreaded SoCal red light, that 2-3 minute wait will drop my hard earned 40.1 mpg a few notches down to 39.7 ... 39.8.
Then the cycle continues and I must really EARN my 40+ mpg again. GRR!! Sometimes I feel it gives me less a headache to just switch it to how much range i have left rather than the avg mpg on the odo.

Another issue. Not sure if you guys have noticed, but when coming to stops or waiting at the stop light for awhile, the AC fan begins to blow stronger. Then when accelerating from the stop, the fan becomes weaker. Is that normal??? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm a bit peeked to have bought a new car, and being told how simple it is to use my cell through the info system and find that it's not so. Like after just spending $19,500, and their response was, "Well, buy a new smart phone." Lots of tact. Otherwise, I like the car. In retrospect, I wish I had waited for the CVT.