3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit New Model Newsletter Information (Version 5)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Post 2015 Fit New Model Newsletter Information (Version 5)

Message PRIORITY/ACTION REQUIRED

To: All Honda Service Managers
Re: 2015 Fit New Model Newsletter Information

Print this iN message, and provide a copy to the Sales Manager, Shop Foreman, Warranty Administrators, and all PDI technicians.

The All New 2015 Fit ships to dealers beginning June 9th. The new Fit is roomier, has more power and is more fuel efficient than the previous model. Listed below are a few service and delivery tips to help ensure a positive customer experience. Following these tips will maintain the high quality you and your customers expect from Honda. Before initiating a PDI be sure to complete the technical training module NM227 Fit Introduction.

In an effort to continuously improve the quality of our Fits, please be sure to submit all warranty claims for the 2015 FIT as soon as possible.

The 2015 Fit comes in the following trim levels:
LX
EX
EX-L Navi

Notable Features of the New Fit

· Engine and Transmission: The 1.5L Direct Injection Engine is new for the Fit and produces 128Hp with
114 lb/ft of torque. It is mated to either a CVT or a 6-speed MT. For the CVT use only Honda Genuine HCF-transmission fluid (P/N 08200-HCF2).

• Smart Entry: All EX and above trim levels come with the smart entry system as standard equipment. As long as the smart entry remote is within about 32 inches of the driver’s door, you can unlock the door by simply touching the inside of either front door handle. It unlocks after a brief delay for signal validation. Note that if you touch the handle when wearing gloves, the system may respond more slowly or may not unlock the doors at all.
  • Smart Start: All EX and above trim levels come with the smart start system. Once in the driver’s seat, the engine can be started on automatic-transmission models by just stepping on the brake pedal (On manual transmission models, the clutch pedal must be pressed) and pressing the engine start/stop button.
  • Expanded View Driver’s Mirror: An Expanded View Driver’s Mirror is featured to help the driver spot vehicles or objects in the driver’s-side blind spot. The mirror is optically convex at its outer edge to give a wider view of the area just behind the car.
  • Rearview Camera: Is standard on all trim levels and includes 3 different modes of viewing. However the dynamic guideline feature is only available on the EX and above trim levels.

· Display Audio and Display Audio Plus (DA) – EX and EX-L Connects certain smart phones to the vehicle display. The clock setting for the DA defaults to PST when making adjustments to the time. PST will only be displayed when you are in “settings”. Once you set the clock zone to your time and exit “settings” “PST” will no longer be displayed, only the time. For more information on the Display Audio go to the Online University Self Study Module ELC 16 – Display Audio. You can also visit www.handsfreelink.honda.com to determine Bluetooth compatibility or www.hondalink.com for details on the next Gen Apps.
  • Lane Watch –– Available on EX and EX-Ltrim levels Honda LaneWatch is designed to enhance driver awareness when changing lanes to the right or even for parallel parking. The system features a camera mounted below the passenger-side door mirror. When the right-turn signal is activated, an image of the area to the right rear of the vehicle is shown on the i-MID. It’s important to point out that this is designed to be an enhancement for the driver, and not a substitute for visually confirming that it’s safe to change lanes. Drivers must always be encouraged to use their mirrors as well as look around and behind the vehicle before changing lanes. A button on the end of the turn-signal lever activates a constant real-time display, whether the turn signal has been turned on or not.

· TPMS– The TPMS is an indirect system and will need to be calibrated at PDI. A calibration sheet is included with each vehicle and the calibration needs to be performed exactly as the calibration sheet states. This information is also included in the 2015 Fit PDI Service Bulletin.

• HondaLink featuring Pandora: You can play and operate Pandora internet radio from your compatible phone through the car’s audio system. This feature requires a compatible mobile phone with the Pandora app installed. It should also be paired to the vehicle’s Bluetooth HandsFreeLink system. iPhones and many BlackBerry and Android phones are compatible with this system. Go to handsfreelink.honda.com to check which models are compatible. Data-usage charges may accrue on the driver’s mobile phone account when the Pandora service is used.
  • HondaLink SMS, MMS, and Email: The HondaLink system on the Fit offers the ability for drivers with compatible mobile phones to receive text messages and respond to them when not moving. All models can accommodate SMS, or Short Message Service, texts; models with the audio touch screen can also access email as well as Multimedia Message Service, or MMS, texts—although any attached media cannot be viewed. To be compatible, phones must have the Bluetooth Message Access Profile, or MAP. Refer to handsfreelink.honda.com for the most current listing of compatible phones. Data-usage or messaging charges may accrue on the driver’s mobile phone account when the SMS, MMS, and Email services are used. The iphone requires "Show Notifications" to be turned on manually after pairing to enable this feature.
  • HondaLink featuring Aha: For select Fit models, Honda is introducing HondaLink with Aha. HondaLink with Aha helps organize your favorite web audio content into personalized, live, on-demand radio stations that can be easily played through the vehicle head unit. Drivers can access news and sports stations, podcasts, internet radio including Slacker, audio books, and search stations for local restaurant recommendations. Aha even brings along popular social media connection with news-feed updates from Facebook and Twitter. To access Aha, the customer will need to download the iPhone or Android HondaLink Aha app from their Apple or Android app store. Once downloaded, they simply follow the on-screen prompts and log in using a Honda ID and password. If the customer doesn’t have a Honda ID yet, just click “Register” at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts. Once signed into HondaLink, create a Aha account and begin selecting stations from the thousands of choices available throughout the world. Data-use charges are utilized on the driver's mobile phone account when the Aha service is used.
Note: The HondaLink is compatible with iPhone 5 or later. Customers will need to purchase iOS cables
which includes the HDMI Cable, the Lightning USB and Lightning AV Adapter for effective use of this
feature. Please visit www.hondalink.comfor more information.

• HFL Tip- While performing the HFL self check inspection, make sure you press and hold the HANG UP button for at least 10seconds in order to confirm the system is ok. This option however is not available on LX models.
  • Anti-Theft Code: The anti-theft code is automatically checked between the ECM/PCM and the audio unit; there is no longer a need for anti-theft code cards. Code labels are being discontinued, however you may still see them in some vehicles. If so, you will find two labels in the glove box. After unlocking the audio unit, attach one of them to the PDI repair order. The other one should go to the customer for safe keeping, rather than left in the vehicle.

New Model Launch Activity
To ensure our customers are receiving a high-quality product, we will monitor Tech Line, warranty claims and parts demand. So we can quickly respond to any issues, please review and follow the reporting information below:

Warranty Claims
To facilitate a speedy and thorough investigation, you can assist us by submitting all 2015 Fit warranty claims as quickly as possible, and make sure any failed parts or components are returned to Warranty Parts Inspection (WPI).

Contacting Tech Line: Please be prepared to provide all relevant details about the issue you are reporting.

If you find any technical or exterior concerns such as moldings, sheet metal, lamps, etc…., please report the item(s) to Tech Line immediately. Quality digital pictures are a very effective method of sharing market concerns withAmerican Honda.Be prepared to send Tech Line at least four digital photographs of the problem.

1) A close-up photograph of the affected area or item.
2) A photograph of at least 18 inches in diameter depicting the affected area or item.
3) A photograph from a distance of 3 to 5 feet away.
4) A photograph of the VIN plate.

Storage Tips: Please maintain factory tire pressure until the car is ready to be delivered to the customer, which could help reduce wheel vibration claims in some regions. Drive the vehicle 5-10 miles before delivering to the customer to ensure a perfect delivery.

Towing: Unlike the previous version the current 2015 Fit cannot be towed behind a motorhome. The best way to transport the vehicle is on a flat bed.

Anti Corrosion Coating – Some 2015 Fits come with a water-based anticorrosive film applied to all exterior chrome pieces including the lug-nuts. This film is intended to protect them from rusting during transportation. If the vehicle has this film, be sure to remove it by washing the areas thoroughly with soap and water. Refer to the PDI bulletin 14-012 for additional details.

Tires: Early production 2015 Fit EX and above come with Bridgestone tires 185/55R16. These tires are currently being used as the factory ramps up supply of the Firestone tires which will be the tire used throughout production of the current model Fit. You may see Fits on your lot with a mixture of Bridgestone and Firestone tires.

PDI Booklet: The Service History booklet currently delivered in the glove box consists of a PDI Checklist combined with the Maintenance Record sheets. Beginning with the 2015 model year the PDI checklist will become a stand-alone document that the PDI technician completes using the same process as today. The Maintenance Record sheets will now be in ISIS in the Technical Library and can be printed, completed and embossed if the customer requests them.

Rear Seat Belt Buckles:To some people, customers and dealer personnel alike, the center seat belt buckles on our five-passenger vehicles appear to be installed incorrectly; they’re not. Mounting the outer seat belt buckles inboard of the center buckle gives the outer passengers more room to connect and disconnect the seat belts. Don’t unbolt the lower anchor plates to uncross the belts; such a change in the belt’s configuration may not offer the same level of protection.

12V Battery Replacements: Please retain any failed 12V Battery so that they can be collected for investigation.

Paint Claims: When submitting claims for paint issues, please make sure to provide pictures that accurately depicts the issue. Refer to bulletin 10-002 for assistance on taking pictures of paint conditions.

Note: The Shift Interlock Cover is placed in the O/M packet located in the glove box, be careful when opening the packet so as to not lose the shift interlock cover.

Note: Due to the dusty conditions outside the factory where the 2015 Fits are built, the factory has taken extra measures to provide you a car with a clean interior and exterior. In the event you get a car with a dusty interior please ensure that the interior is clean prior to delivering the car to the customer.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:16 AM
I have'nt had this issue myself but have noted others posting about it. hopefully this helps...

Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Interesting revelations:

They say that all Fits cannot be flat towed, which presumably includes manual transmissions. I wonder what is wrong with the manual gearbox that won't allow it to be flat-towed? They'll lose a lot of sales to motorhome folks.

The engine seems to have lost two horsepower 130->128

Bridgestone tires on early delivery vehicles will give way to Firestones

Batteries are apparently an issue since they are collecting failed ones for investigation.

The factory has dust issues. While it isn't nice to receive a car with a dusty interior, it is even less nice if that dust gets into the works.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Glad I got a car with Bridgestones.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andre181
Glad I got a car with Bridgestones.
I too got Bridgestones. My VIN indicates that my EX was the 876th to have been made, and I picked it up within a couple of days of availability. Wonder how many will have the Bridgestones or if they're already pushing into the Firestones.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Why does it have to be towed with all 4 tires up? Does this mean towing just short distances as well? Doesn't make sense since it's not 4 wheel drive.

Also happy I got Bridgestones, although it was not the cheapest tire to replace when I had a flat less than 2 weeks in.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
I too got Bridgestones. My VIN indicates that my EX was the 876th to have been made, and I picked it up within a couple of days of availability. Wonder how many will have the Bridgestones or if they're already pushing into the Firestones.

Curious, where do you reference the VIN to see the cars history?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by yuffers
Curious, where do you reference the VIN to see the cars history?
The last 6 digits of your vin will tell you the sequence of build. Mine is 001832, so one thousand eight hundred and thirty one before mine was built. Vin labels are all over the car and actually on the passenger side on the floor by the seat is a cover you can open and that is the vin stamped there.

My Fit came with Bridgestones.

I tow my Fit on a dolly, front wheels up, nothing to hurt with the rears on the ground as they are just running on wheel bearings and not attached to the transmission in any way.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks tmfit...you always have new and interesting information for us...I waxed my Fit a few days ago and noticed the roof of the car has about 5 small dents in it, so I will take pictures and bring them to my dealer along with my car.

sas

I still love my Fit, sooo fun to drive....

Old 08-19-2014, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
So if my last 6 digits are 704623, does that mean the 4623rd built? Because it can't otherwise match what you said.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
So if my last 6 digits are 704623, does that mean the 4623rd built? Because it can't otherwise match what you said.
Yes, that's what that means.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I have a VIN in the 19000 range, and my car has the Bridgestones on it, FWIW.

es

Old 09-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I have an EX-CVT with a VIN in the 18700 range and it also has Bridgestone tires.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
You folks know that Bridgestone owns Firestone, right?

So, no matter what name is on the sidewall says, it's probably the same Honda spec.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
You folks know that Bridgestone owns Firestone, right?
LOL… beat me to it.

This is the tread pattern on my 7246xx EX's 185/55R16 Firestone FR740. The picture comes from Tire Rack's page on the Bridgestone Turanza EL470.

This is their picture of the 185/60R15 Firestone FR740. Completely different. Is this what it looks like on an LX?

Last edited by Fitmo; 10-09-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added VIN
Old 10-10-2014, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting,

Also be aware that tread pattern (quiet running) and other things like sidewall stiffness (less = smooth ride, more = steering response) and rolling resistance (CAFE MPG ratings) are priorities with new-car tires.

OE tires and aftermarket tires can be completely different even with the same tire model designation...

It's a complicated world we live in, isn't it?

Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Different sizes sometimes have different tread patterns and Tire Rack has a disclaimer that the tread pictures may not represent the actual tire.

Yes, Bridgestone bought Firestone, but Bridgestone remains a top-quality tire manufacturer while their Firestone subsidiary retains their antiquated North American production facilities and reputation for problem tires. The purchase was a strategic move to give Bridgestone access to a US tire dealer network

OEM tires have traditionally been just good enough to keep the rims off of the pavement until just beyond the warranty period. I'm not surprised that Honda went for the lowest bid.

If my Fit has Firestones, I'll replace them with good quality LRR tires, saving the take-offs to put on a car to be sold.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'll give these "Made in MEXICO" "Firestones" a shot this winter on our ice and packed snow (DOT V6 = Bridgestone/Firestone de Mexico, S.A., Apartado Postal 23D, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico). Of course, the rubber compound matters a lot for that, but the tread and siping look good for it. FWIW, I had a set of the 500s that tread separated in the 70s, and the recalled Ford Exploder Firestone Wilderness were made in Cuernavaca. However, the e-range ATs that came on our truck had no problems and lasted 6X,000 miles.

Last edited by Fitmo; 10-11-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Towing behind a motorhome

Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Interesting revelations:

They say that all Fits cannot be flat towed, which presumably includes manual transmissions. I wonder what is wrong with the manual gearbox that won't allow it to be flat-towed? They'll lose a lot of sales to motorhome folks.

The engine seems to have lost two horsepower 130->128

Bridgestone tires on early delivery vehicles will give way to Firestones

Batteries are apparently an issue since they are collecting failed ones for investigation.

The factory has dust issues. While it isn't nice to receive a car with a dusty interior, it is even less nice if that dust gets into the works.
Yesterday I drove a LX manual transmission Fit to use as a "toad" behind my RV. And when I ask the salesman to show me in the manual where it shows that flat towing is OK he couldn't find it. So I called Honda USA and they found that on page 308 it is OK to flat tow the manual transmission. Anyone else have that in their owners manual?
I am still waiting for the salesman to get back to me. LOL.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Get a copy of the owners manual here.

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit New Model Newsletter Information (Version 5)