3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JD Power Survey

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
JD Power Survey

I just completed a JD Power survey for my Fit. The only negative was the two times the sideview camera didn't work. My son's Fit hasn't had that happen. I hated mentioning it, but that's the way it is.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:18 AM
Nice, when mine comes in the mail, im telling them they should have offered heated side mirrors as an option all trims, not just the premium EX-L trim. Other than that Im happy with the car!!

Old 08-29-2014, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
I was pretty brutal with mine, main concerns were passenger front door being slightly popped out by two mm like voodoos and the trim inside that door rattling. It's quiet but noticeable, I will be taking it in to the dealer to see if they can correct it.
Weather seals are loose.
Also LX audio system leaves a little to be desired. Also mentioned second gear MT hesitation. Put on the fact that I may have to get the new bumper welds and I realized that I need to address these issues at the dealer to feel completely satisfied! I will be doing this when I have time, I work six days a week.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:39 AM
what is this JD survey? were we suppose to get something in teh mail?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
I hated mentioning it, but that's the way it is.
You shouldn't have any qualms about mentioning it. It's a defect and it should be recorded.

The only problem I have with the Powers initial quality survey is that all defects are weighted the same. A minor entertainment system glitch counts the same as a transmission failure.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
I just completed a JD Power survey for my Fit. The only negative was the two times the sideview camera didn't work. My son's Fit hasn't had that happen. I hated mentioning it, but that's the way it is.
I received mine by email. I remember the salesman mentioning that anything other than a 10, would impact him personally. I liked him, and wanted him to get the recognition a good salesman should get, so I answered 10 right down the list.

They do break the survey up into sections, covering the dealership/the salesman/the internet response/and other things. At the end they were asking about other dealerships I visited, and what prevented me from using them. Here I was very honest, and called a "spade a spade".

(Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1913) defines it as:

"To be outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness; to call things by their proper names without any "beating about the bush".

I only mention this because some people think this phrase is an ethnic slur, which technically, and to me, it is not.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Dang, that thing sure is long and they want everything answered, but I did it my email.

Since my Fit hasn't had any issues, I was just honest in putting good remarks.

I thought it odd though that they asked so soon after getting my Fit about a month earlier. You'd think they'd wait several months for issues to pop up at least.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:13 PM
I am looking for this email... hohoho

Old 08-29-2014, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanguard
I received mine by email. I remember the salesman mentioning that anything other than a 10, would impact him personally. I liked him, and wanted him to get the recognition a good salesman should get, so I answered 10 right down the list.

They do break the survey up into sections, covering the dealership/the salesman/the internet response/and other things. At the end they were asking about other dealerships I visited, and what prevented me from using them. Here I was very honest, and called a "spade a spade".

(Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1913) defines it as:

"To be outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness; to call things by their proper names without any "beating about the bush".

I only mention this because some people think this phrase is an ethnic slur, which technically, and to me, it is not.
The Honda Survey was about the salesman and the dealership. The JD Power was about all the details of the car and what had caused a problem.

The first sale, in NH, was less than perfect, but the second one, in NY went fine.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
The Honda Survey was about the salesman and the dealership. The JD Power was about all the details of the car and what had caused a problem.

The first sale, in NH, was less than perfect, but the second one, in NY went fine.
You are right. My survey came from Honda and is called the "Customer Sales Experience Survey". I guess that is why they asked me about other dealers I had visited, and why I did not buy from them.

I guess I will receive the JD Power Survey next!

Old 08-29-2014, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
I never received a customer sales experience survey. I wonder if I could contact Honda for one, I'd like to fill it out.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I never received a customer sales experience survey. I wonder if I could contact Honda for one, I'd like to fill it out.
If you do, give them the car S/N.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
I am looking for this email... hohoho
given my current situtation, they better not send me a survey...

i am sure everything will be fine eventually, but right now it sucks.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Nice, when mine comes in the mail, im telling them they should have offered heated side mirrors as an option all trims, not just the premium EX-L trim. Other than that Im happy with the car!!
Heated side mirrors? Oh, I just saw, you live near the Arctic! We got snow here. 1986. On a Wednesday.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by 8strung
I was pretty brutal with mine, main concerns were passenger front door being slightly popped out by two mm like voodoos and the trim inside that door rattling. It's quiet but noticeable, I will be taking it in to the dealer to see if they can correct it.
Weather seals are loose.
Also LX audio system leaves a little to be desired. Also mentioned second gear MT hesitation. Put on the fact that I may have to get the new bumper welds and I realized that I need to address these issues at the dealer to feel completely satisfied! I will be doing this when I have time, I work six days a week.
Be thankful you don't have a GM product. I got another recall on my Camaro yesterday.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Stingray
Heated side mirrors? Oh, I just saw, you live near the Arctic! We got snow here. 1986. On a Wednesday.
I pretty much live on Hoth!! Damn polar vortex winters!
On another thread im modding out my EX to have heated side mirrors from an EX-L. Its not difficult, just time consuming.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
I pretty much live on Hoth!! Damn polar vortex winters!
On another thread im modding out my EX to have heated side mirrors from an EX-L. Its not difficult, just time consuming.
Do you have a link for that?

Old 08-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
...I remember the salesman mentioning that anything other than a 10, would impact him personally. I liked him, and wanted him to get the recognition a good salesman should get, so I answered 10 right down the list...
On my Scion, I actually received a separate letter from the dealership before the survey, asking me to contact them first if there was any issue that would cause me to give them anything but a top rating. The dealers and salesmen really seem to be on the spot with that.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be as much on the spot when it came to customer service after the sale. I had to deal with several run-arounds to get TSBs attended to.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
On my Scion, I actually received a separate letter from the dealership before the survey, asking me to contact them first if there was any issue that would cause me to give them anything but a top rating. The dealers and salesmen really seem to be on the spot with that.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be as much on the spot when it came to customer service after the sale. I had to deal with several run-arounds to get TSBs attended to.
Exactly!

Dealer: "What can we do to get a rating of 10?"

Me: "Go back in time and treat me better during the sale."

I bought two Fits within three days of each other. The first salesman said he wanted the top rating (5), and if he didn't get it, he failed. He didn't get a 5.

The second salesman didn't mention the rating, but he did a much better job, so got the top rating..