3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you trade in for your New 3rd Gen Honda Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, but the depreciation of cash....worth less and less every day. I'm convinced, after selling my 2008 Honda Fit, our Honda's hold value much better.

Last edited by Vanguard; 09-01-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
Demodded and then traded in my 2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus 6MT. It was burning oil really bad. I miss her so much
i feel you. beautiful b8 ibis.

sold my 6spd b7 avant s-line titanium for my fit and still miss it 5+ yrs later.

picked up a b8.5 this summer so i'm back in an audi while keeping the fit.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sixth
2004 Lexus RX 330
Sixth, wow, that's quite a change from a Lexus to a Fit. Mind if I ask what your motivating factors were and if you missed the Lexus at all?

Old 09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Didn't trade a car in, but sold my matrix to my parents. Picked up the Fit as second car for my work commute to replace the matrix. My other car is a 2014 Pilot 4WD Touring.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I ditched a crappy chevy cobalt ignition turd

Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I sold my 2000 Chevy S10 pickup. I loved that truck and I owned it for 10 years. But, it's was time to step up to something new with better fuel economy. I just picked up my Milano Red LX with CVT this Saturday. My S10 was a manual transmisson, so the CVT will take a bit to get used to, but so far, I'm LOVING my Fit!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
I ditched a crappy chevy cobalt ignition turd
HAHAHAHA!!

Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stellgod
'04 Chevy Trailblazer. Fit has about the same leg room for the front and back. Way more tech, and way better gas mileage. I miss the trailblazer sometimes, but it wasn't worth the maintenance anymore.
My best Bud had a trailblazer. That thing was a tank. He hit everything from Deer to lightposts and it still ran.

Eventually it just couldn't go anymore and he went with a Honda Accord.

It really is crazy how much space the little Fit has.

Congrats!!

Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by msisto
Just picked up my 2015 Fit EX. Traded in my '08 Audi A3.
Wow. A lot of Audi to Fit transitions. How do you like the Fit so far?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by its_ikon
Didn't trade a car in, but sold my matrix to my parents. Picked up the Fit as second car for my work commute to replace the matrix. My other car is a 2014 Pilot 4WD Touring.
A full Honda garage now. Nice.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pherank
I sold my 2000 Chevy S10 pickup. I loved that truck and I owned it for 10 years. But, it's was time to step up to something new with better fuel economy. I just picked up my Milano Red LX with CVT this Saturday. My S10 was a manual transmisson, so the CVT will take a bit to get used to, but so far, I'm LOVING my Fit!
Those S10 were really nice looking. For some reason I always seemed to run into yellow ones.

Fit is an awesome car. Congrats!!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Brand new to the board here - my '15 Fit EX is on order… I was dead-set on a m/t (my last automatic DD was my '71 Vega with a Buick 3.8l and THM350 from many years ago), but after test driving the CVT several times (and my wife expressing surprising interest in the CVT-equipped car), that's what I'm going with.

I traded the 2013 VW Beetle Convertible TDi (m/t) I bought new about 18 months ago. Took a bath in depreciation, but other than the wonderful top-down experience and deep, deep, deep wells of torque, I never really warmed up to the car. Handling was numb and uninspired compared to the '00 New Beetle TDI I had for nearly 13 years prior. Not to mention other issues that indicated VW really hasn't improved much on quality much since their lows in the late 1990s-early 2000s. I had planned on keeping the car 10+ years, but after 18 months just couldn't see that happening.

The Beetle was averaging around 42mpg (the NB averaged around 45), and I expect the Fit to be comparable to the Beetle (lots of rural 55mph roads), only with cheaper gasoline instead of diesel.

The other main criteria is that the 'vert simply was unpractical for carrying anything larger than a small suitcase (as defined by the small size of the trunk opening). I knew it wouldn't be as versatile as the NB (hatchback), of course, but it really became too limiting.

I've owned two Hondas previously; both Civic three-door hatches ('89 DX, '90 base) and had good experiences with both. We sold the DX after about a year (first child on the way), and ran the '90 to 165K miles, then sold it to my brother who ran it to 220K, then sold it again. By the time we sold it to my brother, Hondas were priced way outside our budget, so we started a long run of Chrysler platform minivans (on number five currently - a VW Routan - hah!).

es

Old 09-02-2014, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
Brand new to the board here - my '15 Fit EX is on order… I was dead-set on a m/t (my last automatic DD was my '71 Vega with a Buick 3.8l and THM350 from many years ago), but after test driving the CVT several times (and my wife expressing surprising interest in the CVT-equipped car), that's what I'm going with.

I traded the 2013 VW Beetle Convertible TDi (m/t) I bought new about 18 months ago. Took a bath in depreciation, but other than the wonderful top-down experience and deep, deep, deep wells of torque, I never really warmed up to the car. Handling was numb and uninspired compared to the '00 New Beetle TDI I had for nearly 13 years prior. Not to mention other issues that indicated VW really hasn't improved much on quality much since their lows in the late 1990s-early 2000s. I had planned on keeping the car 10+ years, but after 18 months just couldn't see that happening.

The Beetle was averaging around 42mpg (the NB averaged around 45), and I expect the Fit to be comparable to the Beetle (lots of rural 55mph roads), only with cheaper gasoline instead of diesel.

The other main criteria is that the 'vert simply was unpractical for carrying anything larger than a small suitcase (as defined by the small size of the trunk opening). I knew it wouldn't be as versatile as the NB (hatchback), of course, but it really became too limiting.

I've owned two Hondas previously; both Civic three-door hatches ('89 DX, '90 base) and had good experiences with both. We sold the DX after about a year (first child on the way), and ran the '90 to 165K miles, then sold it to my brother who ran it to 220K, then sold it again. By the time we sold it to my brother, Hondas were priced way outside our budget, so we started a long run of Chrysler platform minivans (on number five currently - a VW Routan - hah!).

es
Very cool. Share some pics of the Fit once it arrives. Its incredible the things you can fit inside a Fit. And its a blast to drive on local and winding roads. Even with the CVT.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 PM
2005 Chevrolet Equinox

Old 09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by avmannick
2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mom has an Equinox. It was a pretty comfortable ride. What Fit did you get?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM
I traded in a 2005 scion xb.

My xb actually had a roomier backseat though the 15 fit was one of the first cars I have seen that comes closes.

I loved my xb but I am finding my fit has superior handling and acceleration.

Plus my xb was approaching 220k miles so the engine was feeling tired and was starting to look ratty all around.

I felt lucky to get 1500 for trade in on it.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensonr2
I traded in a 2005 scion xb.

My xb actually had a roomier backseat though the 15 fit was one of the first cars I have seen that comes closes.

I loved my xb but I am finding my fit has superior handling and acceleration.

Plus my xb was approaching 220k miles so the engine was feeling tired and was starting to look ratty all around.

I felt lucky to get 1500 for trade in on it.
Hey Bensonr2,

Congrats on the new Fit. I've always liked the Xb. It's just fun looking and is roomy. But I agree, the Fit is definitely a much more fun car to drive.

I use to travel to Parsippany often for Lexus training. It seems that every major company has some set near you.

All the best!!

Old 09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
m_x
I traded a 2002 V6 Mustang with 90k on the odometer, 3 accidents on it's record, and some glaring clear coat issues on the roof and trunk. I got $3300 from the dealer on the trade.

He originally offered $3k and I was happy with that, but I was NOT paying his dealer fee (not when I was about to pay full MSRP)... After insisting that they drop their fee, they did some car dealer BS and added the $300 dealer fee to the value of the trade, so I in essence didn't pay it. I still may have gotten screwed in the numbers someplace, but I couldn't find where and was PSYCHED to finally have a Blue EX M/T.

The Mustang served us well for the 10 years we had it. I hope it has a good life ahead of it... in somebody else's driveway.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
I traded a 2002 V6 Mustang with 90k on the odometer, 3 accidents on it's record, and some glaring clear coat issues on the roof and trunk. I got $3300 from the dealer on the trade.

He originally offered $3k and I was happy with that, but I was NOT paying his dealer fee (not when I was about to pay full MSRP)... After insisting that they drop their fee, they did some car dealer BS and added the $300 dealer fee to the value of the trade, so I in essence didn't pay it. I still may have gotten screwed in the numbers someplace, but I couldn't find where and was PSYCHED to finally have a Blue EX M/T.

The Mustang served us well for the 10 years we had it. I hope it has a good life ahead of it... in somebody else's driveway.
Congrats on the new Fit, and a manual tranny to boot.

About the dealer fee. If you are referring to the Documentation Fee, yeah, every dealerships has one, which is to cover expenses for motor vehicle work, mailing plates, registration, etc. Basically the salary of the people in the office, who don't sell cars.

Every customer pays it. Even employees who buy a car from their own dealership. Any car that I leased or bought at a dealer I worked for, had to pay the doc fee.

Seems like you did well with the Mustang, especially considering the three accidents.

But now you have a Fit. Very curious as to how do you feel about the driving experience, coming from a Pony Car.

All the best!!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by HondaGeek
Congrats on the new Fit, and a manual tranny to boot.

About the dealer fee. If you are referring to the Documentation Fee, yeah, every dealerships has one, which is to cover expenses for motor vehicle work, mailing plates, registration, etc. Basically the salary of the people in the office, who don't sell cars.

Every customer pays it. Even employees who buy a car from their own dealership. Any car that I leased or bought at a dealer I worked for, had to pay the doc fee.

Seems like you did well with the Mustang, especially considering the three accidents.

But now you have a Fit. Very curious as to how do you feel about the driving experience, coming from a Pony Car.

All the best!!
Thanks! I think I did pretty well. Believe it or not, I probably could've done a little better because they had two M/T's on the lot for about 3 weeks when I got there. I went back to the dealer a week after I bought mine, and the other was sitting in the same exact spot on the lot, apparently unmoved. I guess the M/T isn't a popular choice in my region.

I get what you are saying about the doc fee being paid by everyone, but my position was simple: I paid the full $18,225 for the car. They have profit built into the MSRP, and into the Dest. Fee. I didn't care where they took the money from, I just wasn't going to pay an ADDITIONAL "fee" of any kind when paying full price for the car.

So they added that amount to the trade and still listed the dealer fee on the paperwork, effectively dropping it. Works for me!

The Mustang was a V6 with an Auto Trans... it was almost not even a real Mustang at that point. My most frequent thought since the switch is about fuel economy; the Mustang was doing about 21mpg on the highway with the A/C off. The Fit almost doubles that. Also, I live in Florida, the Rain/Shine State, and RWD Mustang LOVES to slide. There's no weight in the back and the rear tires will spin on even damp roads. I once spun 90 degrees just pulling away from a stop sign in a parking lot! The Fit feels much more sure on wet roads.

I love the Fit. Hopefully I won't have another trade story for the next decade.

Quick Reply: What did you trade in for your New 3rd Gen Honda Fit?