3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

In Case You Haven't Seen This Yet

Old 09-09-2014, 04:00 PM
In Case You Haven't Seen This Yet

FIT | PARTS | AERODYNAMICS for Front Aero Bumper Style

King Motorsports currently has nothing listed on their site, but I'm sure there are other ways to get your hands on this stuff.
One of my biggest aesthetic complaints on this new Fit is the grille, I mean, what is up with the chrome bull horns??? In my search for a less gaudy grille I stumbled across Mugen remembering the Mugen GE8 that was available to US consumers. I'm really digging the Mugen Grille compared to the chrome bull horn that every 2015 Fit in America is flaunting. But I'm not really into the Mugen bumpers this go round. The Mugen rear spoiler is pretty sweet and the Mugen race seat is awesome! I'm assuming with our side air bag equipped US Fits, the Mugen seats are a no go unless you are strictly off road status.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Looks pretty good. Following the spoon thread and I think they said they had to remove some parts to get the JDM front bumper to fit

Old 09-09-2014, 04:38 PM
I just want the JDM wing and skid skirts....

a bigger wing will do this car justice.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stan Glockett
I stumbled across Mugen remembering the Mugen GE8 that was available to US consumers. .....
That kit was made for the USDM GE8's, the JDM GE8 Mugen kit (front with those killer fogs & rear bumpers especially) won't be a direct swap.

Looking at the link it seems to be the same situation with the GK, notice how short the rear Mugen GK is, and compare that to the USDM GK. On the USDM GE8 the rear was relatively easily modified by removing the re-bar/foam, or shortening the supports, the front was not as easy, which is why you don't see many USDM GE8 front conversions to JDM.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:53 PM
LX front/rear trim do not have the chrome. Fast/easy and inexpensive swap. Did mine n love the all black look.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
LX front/rear trim do not have the chrome. Fast/easy and inexpensive swap. Did mine n love the all black look.
I just noticed yesterday that the LX has black instead of chrome, huge relief because I was planning on getting the LX since it's lighter and cheaper and more than likely faster than the more expensive EX. It looks so much better without the chrome. I was originally wanting the white pearl color, but on Honda's website built me a black LX and it looks pretty sweet without the chrome. A little window tint and some black or brake dust colored wheels would be nice. Maybe even blacking out the rear reflectors would look good, but the reflectors don't really bother me at all. The reflectors were way less noticeable on a red LX, but I don't want a flashy color anymore. My Milano Red 2010 Sport got old pretty quick because I was one of three in that color where I live, and I don't like sticking out like a sore thumb; white, black, or silver will blend in with traffic much better.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
That kit was made for the USDM GE8's, the JDM GE8 Mugen kit (front with those killer fogs & rear bumpers especially) won't be a direct swap.

Looking at the link it seems to be the same situation with the GK, notice how short the rear Mugen GK is, and compare that to the USDM GK. On the USDM GE8 the rear was relatively easily modified by removing the re-bar/foam, or shortening the supports, the front was not as easy, which is why you don't see many USDM GE8 front conversions to JDM.
I wasn't planning on spending all that money to make the car look better without going any faster, I was just in search of a grille that didn't have chrome. But the answer was right under my nose the whole time. Finally realized that the LX doesn't have the chrome. Watching the Spoon GK build I am aware that the bumpers will not be a simple swap, I do like how the JDM rear bumper sits almost flush with the hatch, but I wouldn't spend the money for the Mugen bumper, just get an RS bumper instead. My wife will kill me if I buy one of the 3.5kg Mugen seats, I will have to sneak it past her somehow

Old 09-11-2014, 04:19 AM
Originally Posted by ETFitRS
I just want the JDM wing and skid skirts....

a bigger wing will do this car justice.
That wing is way better looking and probably more functional than the OE spoiler. I think I'd go for the color matching option over the carbon fiber though. Not that I don't like carbon fiber (I have plenty of it on my track car), but on a daily driver I'm trying to stay low key.