3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Radio Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Radio Code

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything about it. I also couldn't find my radio code any where..

Old 09-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners

Click on link "Retrieve RadioNavi Code".

Old 09-29-2014, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DMcFit
Honda Owners Site | Tips, Tools & Benefits for Honda Owners

Click on link "Retrieve RadioNavi Code".
This requires the VIN and the:

device unit's serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle.
I did not receive any "anti-theft ID card" with my new 2015 FIT.

Did my dealer forget to give it to me?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Can't find my serial number either for my radio to get the code.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY
If you have an owners account with honda there is a link there. I think you need your device number and vin. The device number you can find on the display, can't remember exactly where but settings of the info. Anywho, seems to me you have to do it during the working hours, you can call or fill out the quick link and it will send you the code.

I recall someone said they lost power to radio and simply help the power button down for several seconds to reset it. Having the code is a good idea though. Once you retrieve it it stays on your owners account.

My dealer did not give me mine either and since no one else got one from a dealer I assume they don't have the info.

Last edited by tmfit; 09-30-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY

Bump

Does anyone know how to get the serial number for the radio? In my case I need a serial number for the LX (base model) radio. I was never given an anti-theft ID card from the dealer and there are no stickers in the glove box, and I am far too lazy to uninstall the radio to look for a sticker on the back of it... or even pick up the phone to call my dealer... you know... there's a reason I got so fat...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Fat_man
Bump

Does anyone know how to get the serial number for the radio? In my case I need a serial number for the LX (base model) radio. I was never given an anti-theft ID card from the dealer and there are no stickers in the glove box, and I am far too lazy to uninstall the radio to look for a sticker on the back of it... or even pick up the phone to call my dealer... you know... there's a reason I got so fat...
I don't know if this is feasible on the Fit radio, but I've been able to read the numbers off of installed equipment by sticking a digital camera in there and photographing it. The camera is much smaller than my head!

And, getting that stupid-but-occasionally-needed card from the dealer has been added to my "to-do" list when I get my car. It is disgusting that dealers will fail to deliver stuff like that as they should. Since the card should be included with the owner's manual they'd actually have to intentionally remove it. Perhaps they're hoping to generate more revenue down the road by charging for the codes?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Your radio code should be on the side of your glove box facing you.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Thats where they used to put it. But not anymore... Now you ha ve to go to the web site with your VIN and the serial # of the radio to get the code...
I'm lookin for SERIAL # NOT radio code...

Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Thats where they used to put it. But not anymore... Now you ha ve to go to the web site with your VIN and the serial # of the radio to get the code...
I'm lookin for SERIAL # NOT radio code...

I swear there is a greenish yellow sticker on the side of my glove box. I’ll check again.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:39 PM
On your display go to
Info, then on the left of screen hit the menu button then hit system/device information then system. There you will find device number(Serial#)

Last edited by tmfit; 10-01-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
On your display go to
Info, then on the left of screen hit the menu button then hit system/device information then system. There you will find device number
I have the LX... no touch screen... no info button. But this is good info for those with the touch screen radio's. .. THANKS!!!

Old 10-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Apexracing
I swear there is a greenish yellow sticker on the side of my glove box. I’ll check again.
<br />
<br />
If you do have that sticker I'm guessing it's your serial number for the radio and not the unlock code. But I don't know... and maybe my sticker just didn't make it on like it should have...<br />
<br />
<br />

Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I have the LX... no touch screen... no info button. But this is good info for those with the touch screen radio's. .. THANKS!!!
Oh crap! Sorry dude, I wasn't thinking about the lx not having the screen. Seems like it is about a 6 digit number or so. Mine starts with 92 I think. I looked at all the places they said I could find the code and never did. Hope you find it.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:58 PM
You are correct Fat Man, it is just the device number, you have to contact Honda either by phone or electronic form to retrieve the unlock code.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 PM
This may help you get the device number

How to retrieve the serial number of your Honda

Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
This may help you get the device number

How to retrieve the serial number of your Honda
I never received any anti theft id card. The other method wants you to be in locked out mode. So... since I am not locked out I guess II'll skip that until I actually am locked out.

Thanks anyways!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 PM
No guts no glory! Lol. I don't blame you. You have to get the unlock code during their work hours.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:34 PM
I didn't receive an anti-thieft card either. I did receive a pre-delivery inspection check list. On that check list was a sticker with two numbers. The top number I discovered was my radio code. The bottom number was my radio serial number.

Last edited by Iowa owner; 10-03-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
??? I ask my salesperson about the card, he said newer Honda's don't have them ??

He said you just hold the power button on and the radio will reset ??

I guess I wont know for sure until my battery goes dead or something ??

Quick Reply: Radio Code