3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

EX/EX-L stock alloys - $500

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
EX/EX-L stock alloys - $500

Just picked up a set of four 16" stock EX alloy wheels and tires for $500.
Good deal or not?
Suppose it doesn't matter as it is a done-deal, but I was dying to lose the steel wheels/hub caps on my LX.
Go ahead ... hammer me with your opinions

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 09-30-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
The MSRP for the EX/EX-L wheel is $252 each so I'd say you got a hell of a deal.

Had I seen those for sale, I would have snatched them up for myself to have some dedicated snow tires to easily switch out but still keep the stock look.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Snow tires

Originally Posted by andre181
The MSRP for the EX/EX-L wheel is $252 each so I'd say you got a hell of a deal.

Had I seen those for sale, I would have snatched them up for myself to have some dedicated snow tires to easily switch out but still keep the stock look.
That was my idea as well ... put snow tires on the steelies. The wheels are flawless and tires are hardly used! Am waiting to mount until I get some wheel locks.

Thanks for the positive ... tend to second guess myself - after the fact!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 09-30-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
My OEM wheels and tires from my EX will be going up for sale, so this is a good data point...

es

Old 09-30-2014, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
My OEM wheels and tires from my EX will be going up for sale, so this is a good data point...

es
This is exactly why I waited to buy rims ... figured people would be buying custom wheels and unload the factories (which I actually like). For how much are you willing to part with them? I'm sure you can find buyers on this forum

Old 09-30-2014, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
This is exactly why I waited to buy rims ... figured people would be buying custom wheels and unload the factories (which I actually like). For how much are you willing to part with them? I'm sure you can find buyers on this forum
Just checked ebay, and there's currently only one set listed ($1300! - you got a DEAL). Mine have ~500 miles on them (Bridgestones). I was thinking $750 plus shipping, but will keep an eye on ebay and here to see how prices settle in. I already have my aftermarket wheels/tires on the car, so my OEMs can go any time.

es

Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Many times, when they are that cheap ($500.00 for a set of 4 tires and wheels), they were recently separated from another Honda Fit, late at night, in the dark.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Paranoid

You guys are starting to make make nervous, especially Vanguard .... never intended to enter into anything untoward.
Wheels were listed publicly on Craigslist.

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 09-30-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
You guys are starting to make make nervous, especially Vanguard .... never intended to enter into anything untoward.
Wheels were listed publicly on Craigslist.
I don't mean to make you nervous, but you must admit, $500.00 is a very low low price for what your getting. I might even be tempted at that cheap price, but i would be too nervous to meet anyone from craigslist without having several friends (the big and burley ones), with me.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanguard
I don't mean to make you nervous, but you must admit, $500.00 is a very low low price for what your getting. I might even be tempted at that cheap price, but i would be too nervous to meet anyone from craigslist without having several friends (the big and burley ones), with me.
I must admit that "I got a good deal"??!!!
I was also skeptical and prepared myself for confrontation/interaction which I was NOT prepared to participate in. Everything was cool and dude just wanted to unload ..... he could have kicked my ass if he wasn't carrying that stupid baby ........... thank "#@$?%) for stupid babies

Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I must admit that "I got a good deal"??!!!
I was also skeptical and prepared myself for confrontation/interaction which I was NOT prepared to participate in. Everything was cool and dude just wanted to unload ..... he could have kicked my ass if he wasn't carrying that stupid baby ........... thank "#@$?%) for stupid babies
Then again, perhaps he was also nervous about meeting a stranger, so he borrowed a baby to prevent you from kicking his ass.....it can work either way!

Old 10-01-2014, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Tuff Guy

Then again, perhaps he was also nervous about meeting a stranger, so he borrowed a baby to prevent you from kicking his ass.....it can work either way!
I would have kicked that baby's soft, shiny butt if it got in my way. EX rims transformed my little car into a FUCKING Machine! I ran to the dealer to get wheel locks ,,, MAN!!!!!

Difference between 15" and 16" is stunning ... I've been looking at those 15's for 2 months and have considered smaller wheels but am liking the upsize. i painted my calipers red back in the day. kiss my lily white ass .... I'm pimpin myself!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 10-01-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:17 AM
My dealer I purchased the LX from had a sheet listing upgrade prices including labor, and the wheels came to be over $1.5k, and probably without tires. So yea, looks like a good deal to me.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member
Many times, when they are that cheap ($500.00 for a set of 4 tires and wheels), they were recently separated from another Honda Fit, late at night, in the dark.
yep, i agree. there is a set on CL now for $400...

Old 10-01-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by haudoodles
My dealer I purchased the LX from had a sheet listing upgrade prices including labor, and the wheels came to be over $1.5k, and probably without tires. So yea, looks like a good deal to me.
Originally Posted by rodney
yep, i agree. there is a set on CL now for $400...
OK, I'm convinced it was a good deal. Thanks, all, for the feedback!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 10-01-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
That was my idea as well ... put snow tires on the steelies. The wheels are flawless and tires are hardly used! Am waiting to mount until I get some wheel locks.

Thanks for the positive ... tend to second guess myself - after the fact!
Great plan snows on the steelies! You done well!

Edit...

Did those wheels come with tires? If so super deal!!!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Great plan snows on the steelies! You done well!

Edit...

Did those wheels come with tires? If so super deal!!!
Yah, wheels AND Bridgestones ... seem more quiet than the Firestones that came with my LX. That's a plus!

Old 10-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Just picked up a set of four 16" stock EX alloy wheels and tires for $500.
Good deal or not?
Good deal for you. Perhaps not so good for the owner of a new EX that found his car up on cement blocks yesterday.

Unfortunately, a lot of Craigslist deals are that way which is why it got its seedy reputation.

Before I purchase "take-offs" like that I want to see the donor car with aftermarket wheels on it. That's isn't a complete assurance, either, but is better than nothing.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:30 PM
I'd entertain offers of $500 for my stock alloys... Might put them up on Craigslist tonite.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl
I'd entertain offers of $500 for my stock alloys... Might put them up on Craigslist tonite.
Are you including the tires as well?

Quick Reply: EX/EX-L stock alloys - $500