3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dealer add-on JUNK.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 AM
Dealer add-on JUNK.

Got my FIT today. Like it so far. Very pissed that they installed the front license plate cover and some crappy aftermarket alarm when I specifically said not too. So now I have a hole in the bumper, two holes in the panel under the steering wheel and a hacked up harness . All I got was an 'oops' from them and they won't fix it.

Very lame considering I work at thier Jag Rover Maserati store. Anyone else get any pointless add ons ?

Old 10-15-2014, 01:50 AM
I think all fit has the plate frame installed at the factory. My has holes as well

Old 10-15-2014, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by kenji815
I think all fit has the plate frame installed at the factory. My has holes as well
no plate no holes here

Old 10-15-2014, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
state law?

The state might require the dealer to install one before they can sell it, at least that's the case in CA

Old 10-15-2014, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
Ours came with a frame, which is ok, since my daughter put her school plate in it.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
How Many States Require Front License Plates

My 1997 Acura GS-R came from the factory with plate supports molded into the bumper, with threaded inserts behind. In the glovebox was a pair of color-matched plugs to insert if you weren't going to use a front plate. I don't know how they get there on 2015 Fits.

A local Honda dealer installs Honda splash guards and charges $199.99 for them on every Fit they sell (in addition to other add-ons on some). We bought ours just off the truck and it doesn't have any add-ons. But it did have a front license plate holder on it before PDI.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mecevans
Got my FIT today. Like it so far. Very pissed that they installed the front license plate cover and some crappy aftermarket alarm when I specifically said not too. So now I have a hole in the bumper, two holes in the panel under the steering wheel and a hacked up harness . All I got was an 'oops' from them and they won't fix it.

Very lame considering I work at their Jag Rover Maserati store. Anyone else get any pointless add ons ?
The alarm was going too far. The only add-on I had was a "security" feature - stickers with ID numbers placed in various locations for $150.

In the old days, dealers would drill holes in the trunk lid to mount a metal plate with their name.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
In the old days, dealers would drill holes in the trunk lid to mount a metal plate with their name.
I remember that. I'm sure glad those days are gone!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
I remember that. I'm sure glad those days are gone!
For a while, it was popular for kids to pry decorative bits off cars and collect them - things like "V8," etc. I'm glad that stopped.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by flip619
The state might require the dealer to install one before they can sell it, at least that's the case in CA
Its state law, but I would have gladly sign a waiver. In fact at any high end dealer, including mine, they NEVER install the front plate...or drill holes unless a customer requests it. Even then we try not too by using strong double sided tape or a tow hook bracket.

I know the cars I PDI cost 50-200k, but 20k is still a lot of money to me. Even if I bought a new iPhone it better be flawless.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Nothing extra on mine, i did get the front plate mount but its required in my state. I also had the bumper support recall done (which they chipped the very corners of the bumper). The one thing i did notice was missing was one of the bolt covers for the seat belts, the upper ones. But it’s a 3$ part and i’m not too worried about it.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
My car had to be transferred from another dealer when I bought it, and when I went to pick it up, I noticed a charge for splash guards (I did not request these) on the invoice. Pointed it out to the salesperson, who "talked to his manager" and came back and had the finance person mark them "no charge." Apparently the transferring dealer had already installed them. At least my guy did the right thing!

es

Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Very lame considering I work at thier Jag Rover Maserati store. Anyone else get any pointless add ons ?
Don't all dealerships treat their employees that way? Still, here a delivery involves an inspection sticker and it's hard to sign one of those if it's blatantly missing a required part.

The alarm is a real bitch, though.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:13 AM
instead of bitching about a few holes, you do realize you can get a new underpanel and also have them repair or replace the bumper right?

if they refuse, tell them you are calling honda customer service. call them when you are still at the dealership.

keep a calm head though.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Ridiculous. They do not come with the holes from the factory.

I had this happen once with a Chevy Prism I bought back in 1999.

I complained about their stupid front license plate and I wanted it removed (unless they want to pay me to advertise their dealership). Then I complained about the holes and they said it came from the factory that way. I proceeded to take the service manager out to their own sales lot and show him a dozen other Prisms without the holes.

They put plugs in the holes. They looked like crap. I complained and complained and eventually they replaced the whole bumper cover.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:19 AM
almost all cars in CA comes equipment with KARR alarm but you have option to pay for the alarm and they install a fuse to activate the system.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by kenji815
Nope, the factory ships the front plate hardware in a plastic bag, it was in the trunk with my floor mats when I first test drove the car. I chucked that bag in the trash as soon as I got her home.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by flip619
In Oregon if you say,"Don't put holes in my front bumper." They won't, well at least Tonkin. I let them put a front plate on my Fit, but nothing was drilled in my son's FRS or TC front bumpers. There are other ways to display a front plate. Both of these cars were bought before they arrived, so maybe that helped.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Got my FIT today. Like it so far. Very pissed that they installed the front license plate cover and some crappy aftermarket alarm when I specifically said not too. So now I have a hole in the bumper, two holes in the panel under the steering wheel and a hacked up harness .
The key point here is that you accepted the car even though they had done things to it that you didn't ask for.

The fact that they did these things, and you paid for them, justifies their shady practices. They made more money by being shady than they would have by doing as the customer wanted. If you work in the business you probably already know this.

If people walked away dealers would be less motivated to try and jerk us around.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:58 PM
In CA i would say 90% of the car has dealer add on which range from $500-1000
which often includes wheel locks, trunk tray, floormats, mud guard etc so they can charge more for the car.

Quick Reply: Dealer add-on JUNK.