3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What trims have outside temp sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 06:11 PM
What trims have outside temp sensor?

I've scoured the manual and the specs sheets to find what trims have the outside temp sensor. It says in the manual "*only available on certain models" but it doesn't say which ones anywhere that i can find

I have a Canadian LX which has the 7" screen and the temp doesn't show where it should. do I have to calibrate it or is my LX without this option?

Old 10-18-2014, 06:34 PM
The temp is not displayed on the stereo it's by the fuel gauge

Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mysticangel
The temp is not displayed on the stereo it's by the fuel gauge
yup i know where it should be showing. but it's not there, totally blank.

which is why i'm trying to figure out if it is absent on my model.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:25 PM
I bought my LX in the US and it shows the temp.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by marex
I bought my LX in the US and it shows the temp.
ugh that sucks, cuz mine literally shows nothing, not like the wrong temp or error or something weird...just blank. Guess the sensor is broken or something funky is going on in the dash.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
It's odd that you mention the 7" display and then say you know where the temp should be showing. Maybe you are saying the display size as some type of reference, even though the temp is not displayed there? Sorry, not poking, just odd.

Another reference.... LX 6spd w/temp gauge on mine.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:02 PM
It's odd that you mention the 7" display and then say you know where the temp should be showing. Maybe you are saying the display size as some type of reference, even though the temp is not displayed there? Sorry, not poking, just odd.

Another reference.... LX 6spd w/temp gauge on mine.

I mentioned the screen because I thought maybe the canadian LX's were somehow equipped differently other than the 7" screen, like without a temp gauge or something.

I've tried to calibrate the sensor via the manuals instructions, but i still get nothing. I'm very confused, looks like i'll have to take a trip to the dealer.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zeusmoltar
ugh that sucks, cuz mine literally shows nothing, not like the wrong temp or error or something weird...just blank. Guess the sensor is broken or something funky is going on in the dash.
Or maybe the Canadian LX simply does not have an outside temp sensor. There are a number of differences between Canadian and US models.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Or maybe the Canadian LX simply does not have an outside temp sensor. There are a number of differences between Canadian and US models.
that's the only thing that i can think of. I checked the info on the car from the dealer since my first post and they have the outside temp sensor listed as a feature of the car. But they might just be copy and pasting from a U.S. spec sheet cuz they are lazy. I hope a fellow Canadian LX fit owner will chime in at some point.

thanks for the input so far everyone.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:30 AM
My Ex has it. 7" 6 speaker audio.

I know Canadian cars sometimes get extremely base models.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Little irony here...and has me wondering just how different Canadian Fits really are??? I decided to use a Canadian version of Auto Trader, thinking I would look at dashboards in the pictures. The very first car I look at ends up being at Penske Honda of Indianapolis Indiana, the exact place I purchased mine. It's said "ships to: Americas." And one step deeper.... Half the pictures shown under the black fit are actually a red fit, I'm guessing mine from what the dealer said about availability.

I'll dig up a link and edit this post, maybe it somehow sensed my location even though I have three dealers closer to me. Also I wouldn't want to deal with the mechanical part of the speedometer not being primarily metric.

Edit: appears I crossed info and it was actually on eBay Camada.
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/291267020220?cmd=VIDESC

Last edited by CyclingFit; 10-19-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:07 PM
My US EX-L has it....but i cant offer any help on why yours doesnt...

Old 11-06-2015, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zeusmoltar
I've scoured the manual and the specs sheets to find what trims have the outside temp sensor. It says in the manual "*only available on certain models" but it doesn't say which ones anywhere that i can find

I have a Canadian LX which has the 7" screen and the temp doesn't show where it should. do I have to calibrate it or is my LX without this option?
Mine is the same. It is the LX (cool name here) model. Is says it has maintaince minder and external temperature. But is has none. So I wonder what should I do. It is state in the user guide of purshace but not anywhere else.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
I have a Canadian base model and it does have a temperature sensor displayed on the information display, along with the odo A and fuel usage in l/100km.