3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LX vs EX - The undocumented differences

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by LxFit
2015 Fit doesn't need a rear swaybar because of its ultra high strength steel monocoque type body construction.
If you think it handles poorly you are mistaken, Put some sticky tires on it and lower it you might be amazed, the semi solid torsion beam rear kinda works like magic on a stiff short wheelbase front wheel drive car...

Also Look at the GK Fit racecars they don't have sunroofs... LX all day
Just because your aggressive with your posts doesn’t mean your opinions hold any more merit. Race cars don’t have sun roofs because they do not need them. Fit could use a rear sway bar to create more oversteer. Sticky tires or not the car drastically understeers as is.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
2015 Fit doesn't need a rear swaybar because of its ultra high strength steel monocoque type body construction.
If you think it handles poorly you are mistaken, Put some sticky tires on it and lower it you might be amazed, the semi solid torsion beam rear kinda works like magic on a stiff short wheelbase front wheel drive car...

Wrong thread?

Old 10-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Those are race cars.. For a regular dude, EX is the practical choice imo. LX for racing would be ideal since pretty much everything will be scrapped and replaced with high-performance parts..

But not to dwell from the main topic of this thread, another undocumented or least mentioned feature is the custom wallpaper on the EX. LX entertainment system just doesn't cut it for me (less 2 speakers), but the AUX input I would rather have than HDMI.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by miroman86
Those are race cars.. For a regular dude, EX is the practical choice imo. LX for racing would be ideal since pretty much everything will be scrapped and replaced with high-performance parts..

But not to dwell from the main topic of this thread, another undocumented or least mentioned feature is the custom wallpaper on the EX. LX entertainment system just doesn't cut it for me (less 2 speakers), but the AUX input I would rather have than HDMI.
what device are you using that you need a aux jack for? Usb works just as well.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member

Are you sure of this? According to page 173 of the manual, the LX supports custom wallpaper.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Apexracing
what device are you using that you need a aux jack for? Usb works just as well.
Anybody else riding in the car can use the AUX. I have an iPod touch connected in my mid-console, and bluetooth on my phone. I dont know if anybody else is having my issue, but whenever I'm playing something from the iPod, and my maps on my phone thats connected on bluetooth says something, it comes up as an incoming call. Having the AUX would be better for me so it doesn't interfere.

and sound quality! the iPod on USB is good, but when I play Spotify or somebody else wants to be the dj in the car, I would appreciate an AUX.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Anybody else riding in the car can use the AUX. I have an iPod touch connected in my mid-console, and bluetooth on my phone. I dont know if anybody else is having my issue, but whenever I'm playing something from the iPod, and my maps on my phone thats connected on bluetooth says something, it comes up as an incoming call. Having the AUX would be better for me so it doesn't interfere.

and sound quality! the iPod on USB is good, but when I play Spotify or somebody else wants to be the dj in the car, I would appreciate an AUX.
Hmm i use the usb with my iPhone and my maps and never have an issue. The sound quality to me is just as equal. But hey i usually just listen to pod casts any ways.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lane03
Are you sure of this? According to page 173 of the manual, the LX supports custom wallpaper.
Sure they can have a custom wallpaper, but I don't think its as flexible as the one in the EX like what I did..

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...er-thread.html

In the thread above, people are just mentioning they don't have the same options in terms of how the wallpaper can be used... I don't really know the extent of the features the LX has in regards to the custom wallpapers, but it certainly can't have what I made for the EX.

Last edited by miroman86; 10-21-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Hmm i use the usb with my iPhone and my maps and never have an issue. The sound quality to me is just as equal. But hey i usually just listen to pod casts any ways.
Sometimes it works okay. I play on my iPod through USB, and sometimes a quick bluetooth override will happen when maps has something to say, but most of the time it will completely cutoff the music (even while playing CDs) and the screen will show an incoming call.

Sound quality over bluetooth is okay on a daily basis, but on long trips, I'd rather have the best quality possible. Would love a comparison between stock LX and EX sound quality though.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Sure they can have a custom wallpaper, but I don't think its as flexible as the one in the EX like what I did..

In the thread above, people are just mentioning they don't have the same options in terms of how the wallpaper can be used... I don't really know the extent of the features the LX has in regards to the custom wallpapers, but it certainly can't have what I made for the EX.

I have some various redsox images i have been using, This one of fenway is one of my favorites.Name:  IMG_2223.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  36.4 KB

Old 10-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Sometimes it works okay. I play on my iPod through USB, and sometimes a quick bluetooth override will happen when maps has something to say, but most of the time it will completely cutoff the music (even while playing CDs) and the screen will show an incoming call.

Sound quality over bluetooth is okay on a daily basis, but on long trips, I'd rather have the best quality possible. Would love a comparison between stock LX and EX sound quality though.
Oh see i have bluetooth turned off on my phone. I just use the usb for audio and map voice guidance. I very very rarely take or make a call.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
I have some various redsox images i have been using, This one of fenway is one of my favorites.
I actually like the simplicity of your wallpaper my first was my wedding picture hehehe

Old 10-21-2014, 01:07 PM
I actually like the simplicity of your wallpaper my first was my wedding picture hehehe
Yea i find the busy ones make reading the date and time difficult.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Oh im sorry the merits of no sunroof vs sunroof don't belong on this
Lx vs Ex Documented differences thread?
I find the smaller stereo looks better and wouldn't trade my LX rubber w/chrome knobs for Ex capacitive slider. I drove one and everytime I thought I could use the slider w/out looking it f*&$ed up.

And as far as 20 more watts via two tweeters on dash, keep them.
Lx stereo is great! im getting aftermarket goodies anyway. So sorry you don't have an Aux jack.

Not to incite a riot but in all seriousness this LX has got to be one of the best base models ever released by a manufacturer.
What do you really lose? not MPG or performance.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Oh im sorry the merits of no sunroof vs sunroof don't belong on this
Lx vs Ex Documented differences thread?
I find the smaller stereo looks better and wouldn't trade my LX rubber w/chrome knobs for Ex capacitive slider. I drove one and everytime I thought I could use the slider w/out looking it f*&$ed up.

And as far as 20 more watts via two tweeters on dash, keep them.
Lx stereo is great! im getting aftermarket goodies anyway. So sorry you don't have an Aux jack.

Not to incite a riot but in all seriousness this LX has got to be one of the best base models ever released by a manufacturer.
What do you really lose? not MPG or performance.
Moon roof and smart key are the two reasons i chose the ex over the lx.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
T.....another undocumented or least mentioned feature is the custom wallpaper on the EX.....
EX may be better... it does have a higher resolution screen based on the sales/marketing information... The LX does have screensaver ability.

Originally Posted by Lane03
Correct!

And a little more info. The LX holds three pictures at a time. I don't know the exact size of the pictures it will hold but I have had to reduce mine prior to install/download to the car.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by CyclingFit
EX may be better... it does have a higher resolution screen based on the sales/marketing information... The LX does have screensaver ability.

Correct!

And a little more info. The LX holds three pictures at a time. I don't know the exact size of the pictures it will hold but I have had to reduce mine prior to install/download to the car.

Does screensaver ability mean you can use GIFs?

EX: Holds 5 images, up to 5MB each, maximum 4096x4096 px scaled to 800x480

LX: Holds 3 images, up to 2MB each, maximum 1920x936 px scaled to 480x234

I'm a graphic artist, so I love the extra pixels and resolution. I don't like being flashy with the exterior of the car and I figure I'm more inclined to having fun with the wallpaper than anything else.

Jealous about AUX, and knobs on LX though, but I rarely use the touch volume sliders since I'm always using the steering wheel controls...

Last edited by miroman86; 10-21-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
I would really like to see pictures of the bottom of both trims on a lift. I've heard of the supposed panels, but nobody has ever printed a picture showing the difference!
I found this pic of an LX on another thread:

Part can be ordered here.

When I get a moment, I'll compare with the dirty side of my EX...

es

Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Hmm, what car does that remind me of?

Name:  S8300727.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  161.9 KB

Old 10-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Wow that cyclist stereo looks great!

god that muffler is deteriorating already, Did you know the factory muffler has a lifetime warranty?

Quick Reply: LX vs EX - The undocumented differences