3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LX vs EX - The undocumented differences

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
LX vs EX - The undocumented differences

After reading about some of the differences between these two models that are not listed on the Honda specifications, I thought it would be good to report them all in one thread. As there are also differences from market to market, this thread will only focus on the USDM. Please post any other differences (not listed on the Honda website) here to help other users.

LX has black trim on the front and rear vs the chrome on the EX
LX has different cloth material and design than the EX
LX does not have rear wheel fender liners like the EX
LX has unique underbody panels to obtain higher MPG than the EX (Perhaps not: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...er-panels.html)

Last edited by Lane03; 10-27-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Lx is clearly the better car.
Don't know why people have not figured this out, I would like factory paddle shifters, factory fender liners, Weathertech floor liners, and aftermarket touchscreen.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
^ You might not want the fender liners after reading the thread I linked to.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I think that the fender liners are for sound reduction. No other reason to omit them on the LX.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have a GK -the only reason I would choose an EX is for the sunroof-- I prefer the black to the chrome in front & rear. Would someone post a photo of the differences in the steering wheel/dash/radio? Also is the interior material a different color?

Old 10-20-2014, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I'm quite interested in putting the underbody panels on my EX… need to look into part numbers, etc.

es

Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 PM
No AUX input on EX models... stupid move.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 PM
My Lx Fit seat material looks like a freshly made suit, while the ex cloth looks childish...

Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by miroman86
No AUX input on EX models... stupid move.
EX has ?two? USB ports and an HDMI .... LX has one USB and one AUX input, no HDMI.

Does EX/EX-L have better "cloth/carpet" in the cargo area?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:46 PM
cheap carpet in LX fit.
premium molded carpet kit needs to be made!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:52 PM
why would you need AUX when the EX has BT connect. @_@

Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by kenji815
why would you need AUX when the EX has BT connect. @_@
Better sound quality. Bluetooth < auxiliary.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
When we were making our decision on which level to purchase, one of the deciding factors was the fact we like the EX seat material better than the LX version, which we considered plain and boring (much like our 2008 Base Fit was).

Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Same here. I liked the pattern in the EX seats. I also love the sunroof, the alloys look terrific, and I find the touchscreen completely intuitive. I almost forgot the smart key system, which I also really enjoy having.

Last edited by exl500; 10-21-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 AM
No way Ex cloth looks better than the Lx. it is a bit thicker but on the seams its bunched up a bit , the Lx on the other hand is thinner and smoother with a symmetrical design with a bit of blue and grays...I think Lx fabric goes best with black Aegean blue, and modern metallic...

Also the sunroof only opened to the top of my head, so it was kind of pointless, as it added a bunch of weight to the top of car. The roof achieves the highest crush test scores in the segment by far.
Ive got no use for a sunroof on a sporty little car with only 1.5 liters of fury,
I need all of the stiffness, headroom, and mass centralized weight savings that you get, w/ no hole in roof...

Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by LxFit
No way Ex cloth looks better than the Lx. it is a bit thicker but on the seams its bunched up a bit , the Lx on the other hand is thinner and smoother with a symmetrical design with a bit of blue and grays...I think Lx fabric goes best with black Aegean blue, and modern metallic...

Also the sunroof only opened to the top of my head, so it was kind of pointless, as it added a bunch of weight to the top of car. The roof achieves the highest crush test scores in the segment by far.
Ive got no use for a sunroof on a sporty little car with only 1.5 liters of fury,
I need all of the stiffness, headroom, and mass centralized weight savings that you get, w/ no hole in roof...
My ex seats are very smooth and well put together, maybe the ones you saw were defective. The moon roof assembly is maybe 40 pounds max. Which on a car with no rear sway bar, and with the worst two suspension designs to date added together why even worry about handling. The fit is actually a very very stiff chassis, its been beefed up quite a bit.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Lane03
After reading about some of the differences between these two models that are not listed on the Honda specifications, I thought it would be good to report them all in one thread. As there are also differences from market to market, this thread will only focus on the USDM. Please post any other differences (not listed on the Honda website) here to help other users.

LX has black trim on the front and rear vs the chrome on the EX
LX has different cloth material and design than the EX
LX does not have rear wheel fender liners like the EX
LX has unique underbody panels to obtain higher MPG than the EX

Idk how the under chassis panels are unique to the lx, my ex has them front to back......

Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
Everyone, let's not turn this into an opinion thread as to why one person thinks one model or feature is "better" than the other. The purpose of the thread was only to list the differences that are not listed on the Honda website. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Apexracing
Idk how the under chassis panels are unique to the lx, my ex has them front to back......
I have no ideal. I posted it because I've seen several different users say that the LX has different paneling as well as articles online (see below link). The only way to know for sure would be to get the parts list from Honda or to put both the LX and EX on lifts for comparison.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...014-Honda-Fit/
While all models have the same engine and transmission choices, it is the entry LX model with CVT ($17,115) that gets the top mileage rating of 33 mpg city, 41 highway and 36 mpg combined, on the recommended 87 octane. That’s 4 mpg better than the LX with six-speed manual and just slightly diminished from the midrange EX at 32/38/35 mpg. The LX is a bit more aerodynamically sleeker because of underbody panels that aren’t added to the EX, which is 60 to 129 pounds heavier with its added features.

Last edited by Lane03; 10-21-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:05 AM
I would really like to see pictures of the bottom of both trims on a lift. I've heard of the supposed panels, but nobody has ever printed a picture showing the difference!

Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 AM
2015 Fit doesn't need a rear swaybar because of its ultra high strength steel monocoque type body construction.
If you think it handles poorly you are mistaken, Put some sticky tires on it and lower it you might be amazed, the semi solid torsion beam rear kinda works like magic on a stiff short wheelbase front wheel drive car...

Also Look at the GK Fit racecars they don't have sunroofs... LX all day

Last edited by LxFit; 10-21-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: LX vs EX - The undocumented differences