3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Need Help locating Dome Light wiring

Old 10-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Need Help locating Dome Light wiring

Hi All,
I am trying to hook up some third party lighted door sills and I am having trouble locating the Dome Light connector so that I can wire into it to light up my door sills.... I know there is an Options Connector Plug at the top of the fuse panel - but that doesn't do me any good as I don't have that connector and its fairly custom looking. Any help would be appreciated - a diagram would be really good... Thanks....

(Please note this is for a 3rd generation Fit EX Model... )

Old 10-27-2014, 02:07 PM
After I put in the LED dome light there is really no need for a door light. Have you seen the LED floor illumination accessory?

Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Sorry for any confusion -- I am installing the Illuminated Door Sill plates but they are not the OEM brand - so I need to hook them up to a power source. I would like to use the Dome Light circuit so that they light up when you open the doors.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
Sorry for any confusion -- I am installing the Illuminated Door Sill plates but they are not the OEM brand - so I need to hook them up to a power source. I would like to use the Dome Light circuit so that they light up when you open the doors.
The Honda accessory store has the manual for the factory sills

Old 10-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah - I have the manual - but the Factory Sill uses a custom wire harness that I don't have.... but thanks for trying....

Old 10-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Well, I figured out the wiring on the dome light so that I could hook up my after-market illuminated door sills. If you look at the instructions for the OEM door sill garnish you will see that they show where to install the OEM Wire Harness connector into the fuse panel. It is an 8 pin connector. The following are the pins of importance within the fuse panel:

FUSE PANEL PINS

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Pin 1 and 4 represent the two pins that link to the Dome light and activate upon opening the door(s) (Pin 4 is the HOT lead - and Pin 1 is the circuit completion lead). I have not been able to locate a suitable connector to use with the fuse panel but I was able to fashion a small quick connect spade connector by taking a standard small spade connector and removing all but one side of the connector and then flattening it a bit with a pair of pliers. This allowed me to create a small enough connector to slip over the small flat pin within the Fuse Panel area without touching any of the other pins. Hopefully at some point I can purchase a harness or just the connector to make it a more professional installation but for now this works fine and is totally removable if needed.

Also, one thing to note, To gain better access to the fuse panel I would refer you to the Instructions for installing the OEM Under Dash Illumination Kit for the front foot rest areas... These instructions show you how to remove the panel under the steering wheel. To access it you need to pop off the side panel on the driver's side of the car. (On the side of the car where the driver's cup holder is located) Once this is removed you will see a screw at the bottom - remove this screw and then the panel under the steering wheel can be removed by pulling down and out - similarly to removing the panel under the glove box. This will give you much better access to the fuse panel area.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I figured out the wiring on the dome light so that I could hook up my after-market illuminated door sills. If you look at the instructions for the OEM door sill garnish you will see that they show where to install the OEM Wire Harness connector into the fuse panel. It is an 8 pin connector. The following are the pins of importance within the fuse panel:

FUSE PANEL PINS

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Pin 1 and 4 represent the two pins that link to the Dome light and activate upon opening the door(s) (Pin 4 is the HOT lead - and Pin 1 is the circuit completion lead). I have not been able to locate a suitable connector to use with the fuse panel but I was able to fashion a small quick connect spade connector by taking a standard small spade connector and removing all but one side of the connector and then flattening it a bit with a pair of pliers. This allowed me to create a small enough connector to slip over the small flat pin within the Fuse Panel area without touching any of the other pins. Hopefully at some point I can purchase a harness or just the connector to make it a more professional installation but for now this works fine and is totally removable if needed.

Also, one thing to note, To gain better access to the fuse panel I would refer you to the Instructions for installing the OEM Under Dash Illumination Kit for the front foot rest areas... These instructions show you how to remove the panel under the steering wheel. To access it you need to pop off the side panel on the driver's side of the car. (On the side of the car where the driver's cup holder is located) Once this is removed you will see a screw at the bottom - remove this screw and then the panel under the steering wheel can be removed by pulling down and out - similarly to removing the panel under the glove box. This will give you much better access to the fuse panel area.
Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking forever for information on the pins to the dome lights so I could connect some LEDs for floor lights.
Instead of spade connectors, I used the female pins from a 4-pin female molex connector I had laying around. I had to squeeze them a bit with pliers to get a snug fit but it worked.
Hopefully in the future I'll find a connector but this will do for now.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Any pics of the panels off?

On the GE this plug with blue and pink wires are for dome circuit.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 2059
Size:  35.6 KB

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM

FUSE PANEL PINS

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

I should have also noted that Pin 5 in the Above Diagram is the GROUND from the dome light. This is only needed if you wanted to create a switch setup similar to the Dome light. By incorporating this you could then have a switch that would allow you to enable the same features as the Dome light switch... OFF, ON when Doors Open, and ON all the time. This might be useful if you use this fuse panel for some other form of Interior lighting such as TInyPlaces did....

Also, I would recommend incorporating an inline fuse with Pin 4 since that is the HOT lead for circuit protection...

PLEASE NOTE - THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS FOR THE 2015 HONDA FIT EX. JUST WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR IN CASE OTHER GENERATION FIT OWNERS CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD IN A SEARCH.

Last edited by JupiterJoe; 10-29-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Any pics of the panels off?

On the GE this plug with blue and pink wires are for dome circuit.

Based on your photo of the GE - the wires for the Dome Light on the 2015 Fit are in a different location. The HOT lead for the Dome light would be the connector slot to the Right of the Pink lead in your picture and the Circuit completion connector would be the one to the left of the Blue lead. See my earlier post for the pinout.

Also note that I don't think the GE fuse panel is the same by looking at your picture. Here is a picture of the Fuse Panel. The Dome light connections are the two wires at the top (RED and BLACK) in the 2015 Fit. Its hard to see from the picture but they are located in Position 1 and 4 as described in my earlier post.

2015 FIT FUSE PANEL

Hope that helps...

Last edited by JupiterJoe; 10-29-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
The two black wires are the connections I made to PINS 1 and 4 for my LED floor lights.
edit: beat me to it lol

Old 10-30-2014, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
Ah pictures. Very good guys. Now everyone can find them easily. Tinyplaces.. how are you keeping yours in?

I would think however there should be a plug somewhere with a couple of wires similar to my GE for those that want to tap into the actual wiring. No?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Ah pictures. Very good guys. Now everyone can find them easily. Tinyplaces.. how are you keeping yours in?
I used two female molex pins from this connector

I had to crush the sides with needle nose pliers so the female opening would fit snug on the pins in the fuse panel. I also wrapped the pins with electrical tape so they didn't touch anything else.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:42 AM

I would think however there should be a plug somewhere with a couple of wires similar to my GE for those that want to tap into the actual wiring. No?

I would love to find a plug to make it a cleaner install - however as you can see the plug is somewhat custom based on its shape. The only way I know to get one is to buy the Wire Harness - however Honda does not appear to sell just the wire harness based on looking at various Parts stores online. If you or anyone happen to locate a place to get the plug please share that info...

Old 10-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info! Was looking for this earlier.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
I would love to find a plug to make it a cleaner install - however as you can see the plug is somewhat custom based on its shape. The only way I know to get one is to buy the Wire Harness - however Honda does not appear to sell just the wire harness based on looking at various Parts stores online. If you or anyone happen to locate a place to get the plug please share that info...
JJ I was referring to the green plug on my GE with the two wires. Is there not something similar on a GK?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:17 AM
No - on the 2015 model this fuse panel location is blank with no green plug in it. This is actually labeled as the "Other Accessory" connector in Honda documentation (referenced below) and is intended to be used for the OEM Honda Illuminated Door Sill Garnish accessory. If you purchase that optional accessory it comes with a specially designed wire harness that plugs into that location. However, from my research it does not appear that Honda sells just the wire harness by itself. Hence the reason myself and TinyPlaces made our own jumper plugs to fit into the connector location.

The reason I didn't buy the Door sill garnish with the special wire harness was the price @ $250 --- I found a Chinese knock off illuminated door sill online at E-Bay for $42.... I think TMFIT or 15BLKPearl had purchased them and had indicated that they were good quality so I went ahead and purchased it. I think they look and work great so far after about a week (plus the Chinese knock off provides illumination on all four door sills and not just the front two).

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...m_AII51167.pdf

Old 10-31-2014, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
OK JJ got it now. Yes some of the knock offs work nice. Connor 55 has the 4 lighted sills on his GE.

Last year I added LEDs under the door handles and also puddles lights with Honda Logo to bottom of doors. A lot of work and not successful.The wires coming through holes for door handle would get pinched and stop working. One of the puddle lights went teats up very soon. I took all the wiring out. here are pics of them working in my thread.