3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Side i-VTEC Badge Color

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Side i-VTEC Badge Color

Thinking throwing these on my white ex-l. I was considering red but wondering if black might be better. Suggestions?

Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
iVTECH

I chose "gun-metal" with a red "i" on my white LX ... pics on link below. Give yourself some time and some options. I temporarily taped my decals in different locations before permanently applying so I could scrutinize the effect. Good Luck!!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1275832

EBAY LINK where I ordered my decals:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-i-VTEC-DOHC-DECAL-civic-cr-z-jdm-sir-k20-fa5-sir-accord-pilot-stickers-blkri-/121471327098?hash=item1c48415b7a&vxp=mtr#ht_920wt_1021

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 12-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I over paid for mine ($7.99) but heard you can buy them on E-bay for around $3 with shipping. If you have it in your budget, buy a few different colors and tape them on your car to see what you like most. You could always then sell the ones you didn't use in the classified section here.

I got white for my Blue Fit, if my fit was White, I would go with Red and then get the matching red H emblems.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Yea I'm getting red badges front and back and red for the stirring wheel.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Best 8 dollars I ever spent for the decals!

Old 12-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Anyone got pictures of some white with decals

Old 12-12-2014, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
white decal

Here's a picture of my new purple Fit with an all white decal. Paid $2.00 and free shipping for 2. Go on ebay save their picture of the decal and print it on a color printer. That way you can tape it on car and get a feel for what it will look like when installed.

James

[IMG]https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/[/IMG]

Old 12-12-2014, 03:38 PM
ROTTBOY has this one...

Old 12-12-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Done that

Originally Posted by Roddy Merritt
Anyone got pictures of some white with decals
I gave you a link above in my first response!
..... check it to see more pics.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:17 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
so guys i don't mean to be a dick or come off like one but i don't understand why everyone feels the need to tell the world that they have dual cams and v-tec. Its a honda...its safe to assume there is vtec... that sticker isn't factory. so you're gonna put it there. and its gonna sit on your paint for 4 years and when you decide "hey i don't want it anymore or Hey I'm gonna sell the fit. you're gonna want to take it off and then what happens next?! its forever, eternally etched into your paint. MAYBE a strong cutting compound will take it out... don't count on it though.. STOP IT! that being said do what makes you smile... if you really love it. By all means get it dudes. just food for thought.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Well, this is a forum for "enthusiasts." Enthusiast usually modify their cars to some extent. Modifying a car applies to all things you mentioned SOX. Any mod will have to be taken off of sold and are not factory. That's the point and I don't know about you but I don't buy a honda to sell in 4 years.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
so guys i don't mean to be a dick or come off like one but i don't understand why everyone feels the need to tell the world that they have dual cams and v-tec. Its a honda...its safe to assume there is vtec... that sticker isn't factory. so you're gonna put it there. and its gonna sit on your paint for 4 years and when you decide "hey i don't want it anymore or Hey I'm gonna sell the fit. you're gonna want to take it off and then what happens next?! its forever, eternally etched into your paint. MAYBE a strong cutting compound will take it out... don't count on it though.. STOP IT! that being said do what makes you smile... if you really love it. By all means get it dudes. just food for thought.
Sure, these decals may not be factory for our fit's but they do come factory on Civics(I am sure other models did as well). A lot of these stickers are aftermarket BUT on the other hand you can purchase OEM decals directly from Honda. Not to mention most of the people who applied these decals put them in a spot that looks factory. Not to mention 99% of people looking to buy this car would think its factory, why you ask? Because once again, Honda does have these stickers on some cars from the factory!! And in ten years when I decide to touch up the paint on my Fit I will take of the old decal and put another one on! That being said why don't you do what ever makes you smile, keep your opinions to your self and do some research before you try and get some internet justice.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EFtoGK
Sure, these decals may not be factory for our fit's but they do come factory on Civics(I am sure other models did as well). A lot of these stickers are aftermarket BUT on the other hand you can purchase OEM decals directly from Honda. Not to mention most of the people who applied these decals put them in a spot that looks factory. Not to mention 99% of people looking to buy this car would think its factory, why you ask? Because once again, Honda does have these stickers on some cars from the factory!! And in ten years when I decide to touch up the paint on my Fit I will take of the old decal and put another one on! That being said why don't you do what ever makes you smile, keep your opinions to your self and do some research before you try and get some internet justice.
......... ........

Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Hell I am 63 years old and I had I-Vtec stickers on my 2009 Fit sport and will be putting them on my 2015 EX. I have a neighbor that has a side business of vinyl signs and stickers. I get mine for free if he uses my tools to work on his car. Waiting until warmer weather to put them on. My Fit 2009 Fit was the only one in the town of York,Pa with the I-VTEC on. When I traded it for the 2015 the dealer left them on as they thought it would appeal to younger buyers. It sold rather fast{besides the fact my 2009 was pristine} to a young guy starting a new family that didn't want a "family" looking car just yet.

I have a Milano red 2015 and went with black lettering to break up all the expansive body mono tone red,along my black side molding and splash guards. Since it has the new EarthDreams engine I considered that word in smaller font under the I-VTEC like this in white:

I-VTEC
EarthDreams

I know its not the exact font and color,but you get the picture.

PaFitter

Old 01-19-2015, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985

Best 8 dollars I ever spent for the decals!
nice! Are they difficult to put on, level off, etc?

Old 08-04-2015, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
I tried to find the 'Earth Dreams' emblem/ badge like the one on the engine cover to install on the fenders since it is a very classy looking emblem but no luck so far. I plan to get the chrome i-vtec emblem to go on the hatch door. And a few other odds and ends to dress up my Fit. ..Next time you pop the hood take a good look at the 'Earth Dreams' badge on the manifold cover. .

Old 08-04-2015, 03:41 AM
I know im not a 3rd gen but I planned on doing the i-VTEC SOHC b4 my 13 sport nav was ordered so i looked at a white si and did the same color decal Honda did stock and placed it in the usual location to not be super rice/tacky.

Here is my car... (its funny how just placing this decal on our car brings the ignorant Honda owners thinking there was such a thing as a Fit "SI" right?)

Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Going for an understated look, I went with gray (silver) over my white car. I based this on the pictures of the Civic Si on the Honda website, which seems to have gray decals with every color. Of course, ANY color would go with white, wouldn't it.

Haven't put them on yet, but this thread has inspired me. And, just for the record, I'm also 63.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Going for an understated look, I went with gray (silver) over my white car. I based this on the pictures of the Civic Si on the Honda website, which seems to have gray decals with every color. Of course, ANY color would go with white, wouldn't it.

Haven't put them on yet, but this thread has inspired me. And, just for the record, I'm also 63.
I went understated with silver and placed just part of the decal very low and forward:

Name:  jZzMhvM.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  60.7 KB

I'm also in the 50+ crowd... More pics: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1289105